Graham vs Bluefield.

Real Sasquatch

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Has Bluefield even played enough for anyone to know their strengths & weaknesses? VA played in the spring so there was just a small lull in football but since WV played last fall , it’s hard to remember what Bluefield had or is expected to have back. I’m sure there are some that can speak to Bluefield’s strengths and weaknesses, Do they have depth? Speed? Etc. I’m just not among that crowd that knows those answers, lol. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in on the thread. 

My mindset is always, it’s Bluefield , it will be tough game. Graham is sometimes their own worst enemy but it’s later in the season and not the first game. I hope that works out to Graham’s favor. Has Bluefield had enough time to get back to it? Did most of the conditioning from summer & August dissipate during September shutdown? Then you have to consider, it’s home game for Bluefield which means WV officials 😂😂

So many question marks 😂😂

Bluefield is very strong at the skill positions, big question is line play.  They have had 2 weeks to focus on preparing for Graham and have seen plenty of film on Graham. Graham should match up well with Bluefield in the speed department. Skill players should be a near - wash.  Advantage goes to Graham at the line of scrimmage.  I think Graham should be favored to win this one, but we all know how that goes when the G-men play Bluefield.  They have enough talent on that team to beat Graham and they just may do that.

35 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

It's Bluefield. When are they not fast?

Hel*, for that matter, when are they not pretty dang good at seemingly every position?  I've read and heard of these Graham-Beaver games over the years where coming into the game, Bluefield was supposed to be small on the line.  That Friday night, they are huge.  "Bluefield's QB couldn't cut it at another school so he transferred and they are weak at QB".  Guess what, QB is spot on.  This year on the defensive line, the Beavers can probably be pushed around.  Guess what, no they can't.  Until Graham wins this game, I put ZERO and I mean, ZERO opinions to my ear.  If Graham wins Friday night, guess who I'm picking next year REGARDLESS if Bluefield lost the entire starting lineup to graduation and Graham returned all starters?  I would pick Bluefield.  With that written, I'm not even saying Graham doesn't have the better team.  I wrote this earlier in the post, Graham often does have the better team.  It means NOTHING.  Unless Graham is 10 points better, they often Lose the game.  If 14 points better, they win.  If Graham is 10 better (it's a 50-50 nailbiter) and Graham usually comes out on bottom.  I actually write this with no disrespect to Graham either because Graham at least on paper and by what the season shows so far, looks like it should win, but it just doesn't mean anything until Graham actually wins.  You can expect Bluefield in this game to do no wrong.  Nearly 100% and textbook in blocking with few flags, few fumbles, perfect Defensive Back reads on the Graham QB, etc.  It's just the way it is.

11 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Hel*, for that matter, when are they not pretty dang good at seemingly every position?  I've read and heard of these Graham-Beaver games over the years where coming into the game, Bluefield was supposed to be small on the line.  That Friday night, they are huge.  "Bluefield's QB couldn't cut it at another school so he transferred and they are weak at QB".  Guess what, QB is spot on.  This year on the defensive line, the Beavers can probably be pushed around.  Guess what, no they can't.  Until Graham wins this game, I put ZERO and I mean, ZERO opinions to my ear.  If Graham wins Friday night, guess who I'm picking next year REGARDLESS if Bluefield lost the entire starting lineup to graduation and Graham returned all starters?  I would pick Bluefield.  With that written, I'm not even saying Graham doesn't have the better team.  I wrote this earlier in the post, Graham often does have the better team.  It means NOTHING.  Unless Graham is 10 points better, they often Lose the game.  If 14 points better, they win.  If Graham is 10 better (it's a 50-50 nailbiter) and Graham usually comes out on bottom.  I actually write this with no disrespect to Graham either because Graham at least on paper and by what the season shows so far, looks like it should win, but it just doesn't mean anything until Graham actually wins.  You can expect Bluefield in this game to do no wrong.  Nearly 100% and textbook in blocking with few flags, few fumbles, perfect Defensive Back reads on the Graham QB, etc.  It's just the way it is.

Pass me that pipe. LOL. I understand what you are saying but this year Bluefield has had so little practice. Coach Simon's strength is coaching up kids. Bluefield's middle school program is so poor that Simon has to teach kids football. There are a lot of of players at new positions this year. They are talented but still learning the basics. It showed vs Princeton. Lots of minor penalties. Lots of confusion on where to set up. Bluefield has had one scrimmage and one game. 

43 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Pass me that pipe. LOL. I understand what you are saying but this year Bluefield has had so little practice. Coach Simon's strength is coaching up kids. Bluefield's middle school program is so poor that Simon has to teach kids football. There are a lot of of players at new positions this year. They are talented but still learning the basics. It showed vs Princeton. Lots of minor penalties. Lots of confusion on where to set up. Bluefield has had one scrimmage and one game. 

Should be the rust bowl and see who knocks it off the fastest.  Graham has had more games but not even full complete games from all players other than one.  Also a team full of penalties.  Graham, I think, will dominate but typical showing of them will allow Beavers to hang in there longer than they should.

Graham looks very solid all the way around with a slight weakness against a power run game. I know nothing of what Bluefield brings to the table, and Graham would seem to be favored, but I have to pull for the Beavers for, you know...reasons. Sorry to my Graham friends! haha

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Graham looks very solid all the way around with a slight weakness against a power run game. I know nothing of what Bluefield brings to the table, and Graham would seem to be favored, but I have to pull for the Beavers for, you know...reasons. Sorry to my Graham friends! haha

Good luck Ridgeview! 

😅🤣😂

It's going to come down to mistakes. Bluefield will make too many of them. I expect quite a bit of turnovers honestly. Between the rain, and haven't played in a month or so, Bluefield will be rusty. We've seen it all year with teams in their first game back since a COVID pause.

I think for Graham it will come down to penalties. If they have too many they can keep Bluefield in the game. If Graham limits the penalties it could get ugly. I think Graham will dominate the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. I have not been overly impressed with Graham's consistency on offense compared to the last few years. I'm interested to see how effective their pass game is if it rains.

All together I think Bluefield turns it over, Graham has too many penalties. It will be a wet, sloppy, and low scoring game all the way around. And it's a rivalry game so throw all the records out.

Graham - 17

Bluefield - 13

3 minutes ago, -oo- said:

It's going to come down to mistakes. Bluefield will make too many of them. I expect quite a bit of turnovers honestly. Between the rain, and haven't played in a month or so, Bluefield will be rusty. We've seen it all year with teams in their first game back since a COVID pause.

I think for Graham it will come down to penalties. If they have too many they can keep Bluefield in the game. If Graham limits the penalties it could get ugly. I think Graham will dominate the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. I have not been overly impressed with Graham's consistency on offense compared to the last few years. I'm interested to see how effective their pass game is if it rains.

All together I think Bluefield turns it over, Graham has too many penalties. It will be a wet, sloppy, and low scoring game all the way around. And it's a rivalry game so throw all the records out.

Graham - 17

Bluefield - 13

Hope you're right on the score, I don't really care what the margin of victory is as long as it's a victory. I hate the rain though but at least it's on turf. Going to be a slippery pigskin. Maybe we'll get periods of rain slacking. 

On 10/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, Real Sasquatch said:

You wouldn't think so, but the atmosphere is crazy for Bluefield-Graham each year.  10,000 plus.  Tailgating - Reunions. Game is broadcast on NFHS network. More like a College atmosphere.  Bands in the parking lot (until the city of Bluefield moved the location.  I'm attaching an old video, it is a truly remarkable experience for High School Football.  

Its not in NFHS

Graham played the best I've seen them play this season. The defense played phenomenal in my opinion. I realize Bluefield hasn't played a game in a month and only been back practicing two weeks. They were struggling with stamina early on , bent over trying to catch their breath. I feel for them having to deal with such a long pause.  Graham was tackling well , keying in on the ball, and offense is getting better. Blevins is a playmaker.  It seems to be the trend about game 5 , things start clicking much better. Kudos to coaches, they must have worked on fine tuning some things the past two weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how the GMen perform against VA High next week. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham played the best I've seen them play this season. The defense played phenomenal in my opinion. I realize Bluefield hasn't played a game in a month and only been back practicing two weeks. They were struggling with stamina early on , bent over trying to catch their breath. I feel for them having to deal with such a long pause.  Graham was tackling well , keying in on the ball, and offense is getting better. Blevins is a playmaker.  It seems to be the trend about game 5 , things start clicking much better. Kudos to coaches, they must have worked on fine tuning some things the past two weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how the GMen perform against VA High next week. 

Where is that game?

12 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

For real! I kept picturing him in a command center surrounded by 10 screens all streaming a different NFHS feed. 😂

You nailed exactly what I was picturing too, lol! 😂😂😂. Don't get me wrong , I enjoyed updates on various games but I was like how the heck? 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You nailed exactly what I was picturing too, lol! 😂😂😂. Don't get me wrong , I enjoyed updates on various games but I was like how the heck? 😂😂😂

Idk how he does it. He legit post live updates from every game that you wouldn’t know unless you was actually watching.  The man has some sort of teleporting skills 

7 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Idk how he does it. He legit post live updates from every game that you wouldn’t know unless you was actually watching.  The man has some sort of teleporting skills 

I'm just glad he does it. Makes it easy to keep up with what's going on with every game in the region.