Union/Ridgeview

Gridiron60

You people are funny. Horn didn't blow the 1st time until ridgeview fans blew all their horns and the band was playing during unions 1st drive the opening drive of the game. Union was under center when all these was going on it happened at Graham as well.Go watch the film. We have been playing by the rules since Graham cried about it in 2018. If your going to quote rules and all you need to understand that all artificial noise makers are illegal even all those airhorns the Wolfpack brought last night. Jeez  people ever heard a college stadium florida had 13 false start penalties on them last week at Kentucky home field advantage. 

3 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Didn’t want this thread to die without a shoutout to the good sportsmanship last night!

EF579C5E-08C7-4546-8538-8EC7AB228846.jpeg

That's so great to see bc those two went at it all night. They'd let each other know it when their team made a first down but its great to see it was just kids having fun and not being shitty towards each other

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The horn was not blown during play in the second half. Seems like word got passed up that it was gonna draw a flag but I dunno. I don't wanna cause another mess with the Union guys, my feelings on the horn being blown during play are well known. 

You would be correct. Heck it went to central last year and was used right. Like I said we have been playing by the rules until last night when the pack fans unleashed it. And we all know your feelings on it. Just like most from big stone. But it's ok the horn will no longer be in the park on Friday nights and the school or the vhsl will have no control of it.

1 minute ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

You would be correct. Heck it even went to central last year and was used right. Like I said we have been playing by the rules until last night when the pack fans unleashed it. And we all know your feelings on it. Just like most from big stone. But it's ok the horn will no longer be in the park on Friday nights and the school or the vhsl will have no control of it.

I have zero issues with the horn when it's blown like it was in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m blaming lomax for the rv loss. The pack couldn’t get him down on the critical 3rd and 4th downs! That was the difference! The other stuff like the horn and refs were just annoyances to me

You guys got him down early in the game on short yardage but as the game went on, he kinda wore down those hard charging LBs and the runs for no gain turned into three and four yards. He's a monster, he just grinds a defense to dust. It's harder without Honeycutt back there, teams can key in on Lomax more, but he still went for 160 and three scores. 

12 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

It all adds up.  I don’t think it was a coincidence that Union outscored RV 14-0 in the first half and RV outscored Union 21-14 in the second.  Same thing happened two years ago.  “Slow” starts….critical penalties on RV…. bad snaps while a freakin train horn is blowing through your snap count…forced use of timeouts.   Fourteen seconds running off the clock on penalty with less than four minutes left in the game.  Broken play clocks (favors the slower paced team). Ounces add up to pounds.

Not sure what was up with the 40 second clocks. Didn't work last game against GC either.

Can't take anything away from RV. Have a great team with a bunch of athletes, which will all be back next year if I'm not mistaken.

14 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Didn’t want this thread to die without a shoutout to the good sportsmanship last night!

EF579C5E-08C7-4546-8538-8EC7AB228846.jpeg

Great to see! Thought there was sportsmanship and mutual respect in this game. During one stoppage, I saw Bunch and Beavers chatting it up while lined up across from each other.

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

The guy in the black hat 💊💊💊

Who is a 17 year old kid a senior at Union. So its ok for them to attack kids but those same kids can't blow a horn. Ummmmm. And the 1 wearing ear protection is a 17 year old Jr at Union. 

QB for Union makes them DIFFERENT than years past. Kid is incredible in taking back momentum as one poster on here mentioned last night. He's great on Defense also. Two awesome teams playing last night. Ridgeview can beat Union if they play again. Not saying they will, but they are good enough up front to possibly make it a different outcome than last night. But, it's going to take a special team to beat the Bears at the 2A level from here on out. 

Graham, Union, Ridgeview, and yes, 3 loss Central could still win the region. Central within 7 points of CBurg? Guys, Central is dangerous man. If they pull a W over one of the other three teams listed above in the region come playoff time, it wouldn't surprise me either.

Last thing...the Beavers kid. Major Div 1 schools need to come calling. As good as Lomax, Union and the rest are, the best player on the field last night was Beavers. Kid is electric.

2 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Who is a 17 year old kid a senior at Union. So its ok for them to attack kids but those same kids can't blow a horn. Ummmmm. And the 1 wearing ear protection is a 17 year old Jr at Union. 

Don't know what you're talking about but he looks like he's not having a good time with his fingers in his ears 😂

Just now, UNION'S HAMMER said:

FB_IMG_1633805403172.jpg

I don't think it had a thing to do with score either some are even blaming the Pa guy I mean come on they're reaching but you had to know some where gonna complain about it.  It doesn't bother me I'm at the fence but the Union fans in the stands were the ones I heard complaining

39 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

QB for Union makes them DIFFERENT than years past. Kid is incredible in taking back momentum as one poster on here mentioned last night. He's great on Defense also. Two awesome teams playing last night. Ridgeview can beat Union if they play again. Not saying they will, but they are good enough up front to possibly make it a different outcome than last night. But, it's going to take a special team to beat the Bears at the 2A level from here on out. 

Graham, Union, Ridgeview, and yes, 3 loss Central could still win the region. Central within 7 points of CBurg? Guys, Central is dangerous man. If they pull a W over one of the other three teams listed above in the region come playoff time, it wouldn't surprise me either.

Last thing...the Beavers kid. Major Div 1 schools need to come calling. As good as Lomax, Union and the rest are, the best player on the field last night was Beavers. Kid is electric.

The Beavers kid was fantastic, I think electric is the best word to describe him, but he was quiet for long stretches of the game. I think Lomax and his impact on both sides is hard to top but I won't argue if someone thought Beavers was the best player on the field.