Scott County football

BlueDevil4Life2008

8 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I know of some bus routes in Tazewell Co that are already those types of times and we aren't consolidated.

To me it's ridiculous for 5 year olds to have to get on a bus that early and ride that far to school especially in the winter when it's dark about the time they get home

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

To me it's ridiculous for 5 year olds to have to get on a bus that early and ride that far to school especially in the winter when it's dark about the time they get home

I know on the way to work there are buses in Dickenson County picking up students at 6:45 am around George’s Fork and Coeburn Road. 

Lots of small K-3 and Elementary schools with relatively few High schools, that should have been the model but all of the school systems sacrificed the small schools to keep too many high schools open. I've got no statistics to back that up but I believe it. For school/community spirit that's worked out well, for educating children im not so sure

13 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Agree completely.  Although it's been a few years On the same route I would have caught the bus at 7:40 and got off around 3:50.  Now the exact same route has the bus going by my driveway (which is right next door to where I grew up) at about 7 or a few min after and I believe the bus rolls by around 4 or just a bit after.

54 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

If anybody should complain about bus trips/time it should be Buchannan Co when they finally consolidate.  To me that is a nightmare.

It's the same now from the Sullivan County kids now too with Westridge some of the kids don't get home till 4:30pm When you consolidate that's what is going to happen!