Best SWVA football uniform

SwvaOG

7 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Not every color looks good with gray. Not a fan of Union's grays either.

Centrals charcoal and red they used to wear looked good, you're right Union's gray combo just doesn't work.

7 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Centrals charcoal and red they used to wear looked good, you're right Union's gray combo just doesn't work.

Always liked Central's colors except the chrome helmets they had a few years back. Silver might have looked good though.

One thing I’d like to add about the jerseys around here is teams sporting a black jersey when black isn’t in their colors. Looks atrocious. I do like Unions all orange combo with the navy helmet. Also a big fan of Mingo Central’s jerseys. 

47 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m gonna go with Richlands with these uniforms. Don’t know why but I like them. Same with Honakers grey uni’s

CA2A3E2F-AC4F-45A6-BCB8-CEC18DFA26AA.jpeg

I like these as well…but I’d like them with white pants more.  

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Always liked Central's colors except the chrome helmets they had a few years back. Silver might have looked good though.

It seems like they have a different uniform each week.  They go from a really good look to boring in the span of a week.

2 hours ago, UnionBears84 said:

One thing I’d like to add about the jerseys around here is teams sporting a black jersey when black isn’t in their colors. Looks atrocious. I do like Unions all orange combo with the navy helmet. Also a big fan of Mingo Central’s jerseys. 

I like you guys in a blue jersey and white pants and just use orange as an accent.  You can have too much much of one color (see Graham’s horrible all yellow unis).  

6 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands changed their helmets. The left side had the lightning R, but now the right side has the old early 90’s BLUES on them. 

Big, big fan. 

Yes, I noticed that and I’m a big fan as well.  Good touch.  I also like how RV has the wolf on one side and their number on the other.  It’s different..mixes it up a bit.  The lightning R is the best letter logo..instantly recognized. 

Prior to naming the horribly generic Northwood Panthers, Smyth County had some great mascot names including the Saltville Shakers, Rich Valley Steers, and Sugar Grove Maple Leafs.  Chilhowie, a Cherokee word for "Valley of Many Deer", is of course the Warriors. Ironically and unfortunately, CHS was constructed on an Indian burial ground. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Honaker's grey uni's look good!

Do you have a pic?  I do think gray and orange are pretty tight together.  We will have to do a worst uniform post as well.

14 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll have to say that I wasn't as impressed with the Bluefield uniforms as I thought I would be, once I saw them in person. 

I wasn’t too impressed with their play either.  I thought Graham would win but not by that spread.

2 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Prior to naming the horribly generic Northwood Panthers, Smyth County had some great mascot names including the Saltville Shakers, Rich Valley Steers, and Sugar Grove Maple Leafs.  Chilhowie, a Cherokee word for "Valley of Many Deer", is of course the Warriors. Ironically and unfortunately, CHS was constructed on an Indian burial ground. 

I do think the consolidation school names were bland as hell.  My all time favorite name (I would t want to have the name though) are the Poca “Dots” in WV.  I mean…wow….that’s courage.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I liked Unions orange on orange but must've been the only one

Think so. haha  I didn't like them, and I'm a Tennessee fan!

I still think the original pear white helmets were the best, but the blue ones have grown on me.

18 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Think so. haha  I didn't like them, and I'm a Tennessee fan!

I still think the original pear white helmets were the best, but the blue ones have grown on me.

Only problem I have with the helmets is you can't see the U kinda blends in

13 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Only problem I have with the helmets is you can't see the U kinda blends in

Yep. That's why I always liked the original one. Only helmet that could compete with it was the TW one from last year or year before.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Yep. That's why I always liked the original one. Only helmet that could compete with it was the TW one from last year or year before.

Union’s helmet logo should always use the contrasting colors with the shell color. If the shell is going to be blue, make the logo orange and white. If it’s going to be orange, make the logo blue and white. If it’s going to be white, make the logo blue and orange. That would drastically improve the helmet, imo. Just keep the blue facemask the same with any combo.

1 hour ago, sup_rbeast said:

Union’s helmet logo should always use the contrasting colors with the shell color. If the shell is going to be blue, make the logo orange and white. If it’s going to be orange, make the logo blue and white. If it’s going to be white, make the logo blue and orange. That would drastically improve the helmet, imo. Just keep the blue facemask the same with any combo.

Thought about that, but didn't think the U would look as good if it were a different color combination that orange/blue.

4 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

White helmet with blue and orange U would work I agree

On 10/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Liam McPoyle said:

So that's who is shaking the goal post on the west end of the football field in Chilhowie.