Week 7 updates

VHSLhelper

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Am I the only one wondering which game @vtdavis4321 actually attended tonight? One post I think he's at the Tazewell /Richlands game, then I think maybe he's in Bluefield or Big Stone Gap.  🤷‍♂️😂  

Hell I thought he was at the Giles game. 🤔

7 minutes ago, Topper22 said:

Hell I thought he was at the Giles game. 🤔

Yeah, I know he was but the commentary on what was happening at other games was cracking me up. He might have inside sources all over SWVA. 😂😂😂. How the heck did he know a Beaver player took a swing at a Graham coach? Not even the refs saw it, lol. 

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yeah, I know he was but the commentary on what was happening at other games was cracking me up. He might have inside sources all over SWVA. 😂😂😂. How the heck did he know a Beaver player took a swing at a Graham coach? Not even the refs saw it, lol. 

He was using an old Jedi mind trick! Powerful it is!

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think is the quote you're looking with regards to Mr. Davis😄

Seneca the Younger quote: He who is everywhere is nowhere.

3 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

So you had a better look at it than the 5 officials on the field?

Actually I did! Mullins fumble the kick went to both knees to recover, which by rule means he’s down! Then someone comes flying in and drills him. So every time that’s gonna be called a late. 

4 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Actually I did! Mullins fumble the kick went to both knees to recover, which by rule means he’s down! Then someone comes flying in and drills him. So every time that’s gonna be called a late. 

I think he was talking about the no catch at the end. Everyone knows Sage’s penalty on the kickoff was legit. Can’t bowl over a guy on both knees. 7 was kinda fumbling around with the ball between his feet and then dropped on it when he saw Sage coming and Sage should have just pulled up. 

7 hours ago, YakeBC said:

Just confirmed... The screen cuts away on the final play of the game on NFHS, so how you saw it... I'm not sure? 

Yeah I watched when I got home as well and there is no possible way you could see if he was in bounds on NFHS the camera moves to the middle of the field. I was 100+ yards away near the scoreboard but from my view it looks like the official came over and picked the ball up off the ground and you can actually see the official bend over for the ball on nfhs as well. I’m not sure the ball wasn’t on the ground just no one could see from stands because of the players around it 

9 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Ball caught for td as time as expires but rets call out of bounds. More than a few plays would love to see replay of

Richlands 27

Tazewell 26

Final

He dropped the ball when he hit the ground I think. Looked to me like it was gonna be out of bounds anyways, but he dropped the ball when he hit the ground. 

29 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

He dropped the ball when he hit the ground I think. Looked to me like it was gonna be out of bounds anyways, but he dropped the ball when he hit the ground. 

It looks that way on NFHS the official comes over and picks the ball up

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think he was talking about the no catch at the end. Everyone knows Sage’s penalty on the kickoff was legit. Can’t bowl over a guy on both knees. 7 was kinda fumbling around with the ball between his feet and then dropped on it when he saw Sage coming and Sage should have just pulled up. 

My bad

41 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

The ball hit the receiver right in the hands and he dropped it. He NEVER had possession. Moving on. 

Appreciate the clarification but you could be a little more respectful about it. Near impossible to see anything on the far side of the field with several players around. To us it looked like a catch hence why I said I would like to see a replay of it

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Appreciate the clarification but you could be a little more respectful about it. Near impossible to see anything on the far side of the field with several players around. To us it looked like a catch hence why I said I would like to see a replay of it

To be fair, it was hard to see on our side, too. 😂😂 So many fans standing in that corner on the track made it tough to see. 

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Hence why half the stadium met the crew at the exit, because no one could see and they just made the call for them. Haha

With all due respect, it was not even close to a completion. Ball was overthrown, receiver made a great effort just to get hands on it. 

1 hour ago, chipinbogey said:

Hence why half the stadium met the crew at the exit, because no one could see and they just made the call for them. Haha

With all due respect, it was not even close to a completion. Ball was overthrown, receiver made a great effort just to get hands on it. 

Can't fault the dogs for giving it their all that's for sure. Would love to have seen this game without the rain

4 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

I had a pretty good angle on it.  Mills went up for it, pulled it in against his body, and fell to ground, at which time the ball popped loose. Incomplete pass, and even if he maintained possession, he looked a couple steps OOB.

The most egregious thing to happen on that drive, which will be lost to antiquity, is the 1st-and-10 from the Richlands 20.  Compton’s hand flat out slipped off the ball.  That by rule is a snap infraction, which results in a 5-yard penalty and replaying the down.  Instead, the crew just let the clock run, which caused Coach Harris to burn his last TO.  It took away anything toward the middle of the field, and since a FG wins it…it had a huge impact on the game.  The crew flat out missed that one.

18 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Wasn't talking about that play sport, was talking about the final play.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:00 AM, sup_rbeast said:

The run calls were nowhere as baffling as the accepted holding penalty on Union’s last drive when the RB ran out of bounds. Sure, it would have been 2nd and 5, but Ridgeview still had a TO and could have called it after the next play setting up a 3rd down instead of having Union in a 2nd and long with no time outs left. That 45 seconds lost there pretty much ended it. If you’re Ridgeview, you can’t be handed a free time out in that situation and hand it right back.

I understood wanting to back Union up but said to those sitting with me Ridgeview just cost themselves 40 seconds and could probably only win the game with a blocked punt when they accepted that penalty.  Their defense was solid but I understand the concern of trying to stop Union on the next two plays as well.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:01 PM, UVAObserver said:

I had a pretty good angle on it.  Mills went up for it, pulled it in against his body, and fell to ground, at which time the ball popped loose. Incomplete pass, and even if he maintained possession, he looked a couple steps OOB.

The most egregious thing to happen on that drive, which will be lost to antiquity, is the 1st-and-10 from the Richlands 20.  Compton’s hand flat out slipped off the ball.  That by rule is a snap infraction, which results in a 5-yard penalty and replaying the down.  Instead, the crew just let the clock run, which caused Coach Harris to burn his last TO.  It took away anything toward the middle of the field, and since a FG wins it…it had a huge impact on the game.  The crew flat out missed that one.

I was talking with some coaches and they indicated that he actually snapped the ball but thought the quarterback was under center rather than in the gun and then he recovered the ball but I don’t know for sure how it worked out