Battle of the Undefeated: VA High vs Graham

Gridiron60

28 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Graham by 21 at least. VA high is good, but no where near graham good. All they have to do is contain that speed they have, and I believe graham will do that. I’ll probably go watch this game instead of going to watch the dawgs!

I expect a 49-28 type of game in favor of the GMEN!!

On 10/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, vtdavis4321 said:

Graham is a nasty machine and VA High is about to get coal-cocked. The Bearcats are way improved, but Graham is on a 2018 type mission with talent to back it up and wicked depth on their line.  A few weeks ago, I would have thought VHS with a chance, but no way. VA High better be careful or they will get kids actually hurt. 

Va's Tallest Town-47, The other school in the contest that shares a city with another state just like the Gmen do-17 

Guys, Graham is redoing a 2018 as far as season improvement. They are Rapidly getting better by the week. They have a shi&ton of line depth and the young ones on that line are now playing at starter type levels. Also, we have talked about who's the fastest in the region on this board with Jenkins, Thomas, Beavers, Sage Webb, Bradshaw. I submit to you what may be the fastest player is the running back for Graham who is a Dart. He has also come into his own as well as the QB who is rapidly trending up. Graham's a dangerous team boys.

I watched quite a bit of track this past spring.  Stevie Thomas is significantly faster in the 100m than the others….won Region with an 11.27…Lomax finished at 11.7.  Jenkins didn’t run track (baseball kid), Webb didn’t run track but I seriously doubt he’s better than 11.27 and Beavers was VHSL State runner up in the 400…..looks like he didn’t runs the 100-200.  Doesn’t look like Bradshaw ran track as well.  Just checked and Thomas finished 6th at VHSL in 100m with an 11.1……pretty dang fast gents. For the eye test…Bradshaw and Thomas hit their high end quicker than the others.  Jenkins/Webb not too far behind.  Beavers is a classic long strider…get him in first 10-15 yards before that stride turns over.  Good thing about track….numbers don’t lie.  Oh…the younger Thomas finished Top 12 in State with an 11.7 and he was as just a freshman (sophomore this season).

On 10/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, SwvaOG said:

I watched quite a bit of track this past spring.  Stevie Thomas is significantly faster in the 100m than the others….won Region with an 11.27…Lomax finished at 11.7.  Jenkins didn’t run track (baseball kid), Webb didn’t run track but I seriously doubt he’s better than 11.27 and Beavers was VHSL State runner up in the 400…..looks like he didn’t runs the 100-200.  Doesn’t look like Bradshaw ran track as well.  Just checked and Thomas finished 6th at VHSL in 100m with an 11.1……pretty dang fast gents. For the eye test…Bradshaw and Thomas hit their high end quicker than the others.  Jenkins/Webb not too far behind.  Beavers is a classic long strider…get him in first 10-15 yards before that stride turns over.  Good thing about track….numbers don’t lie.  Oh…the younger Thomas finished Top 12 in State with an 11.7 and he was as just a freshman (sophomore this season).

delete

On 10/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Disagree...so nobody has ever gotten hurt against a smaller less athletic lineman?

You can get hurt against ANY team...that's common sense

Great point, but to take that a step further, when you are playing a team much more physical, your chances go up. Ask VA Techs QB last night. You can die at any point in time, bit jump off a cliff with no parachute or rope, and if the cliff is 100 feet, your chances go up.

I agree with all the speed stuff except one thing. Jenkins is not by a little bit, but BY FAR faster than any kid in SWVA, PEEIOD. He has been officially clocked by laser, with a 4.38 at William and Mary. 

There is ZERO discussion on Jenkins speed vs Thomas. Watch play number one in the VH vs Gate City game on NFHS. Thomas has a 3 step lead on Jenkins and Jenkins runs him down WITH EASE. There is no angle. It's a straight run down and clear as day for anyone to see if watching NFHS literally in the first minute of the game. 

Webb ran 11.7 something as a freshman.  Richlands  school record at the time . I was standing with coach Mance as they were calling out times. Don’t think he ran past 2 years.   Stevie looks faster and he is fast on football field.  Bradshaw has best lateral speed that I’ve seen.   Webb has quickest stop , start IMO. All 3 have different strengths.  All 3 fun to watch.   Jenkins is a flat blazer but doesn’t have the same lateral movement of a Bradshaw or route running of a Webb nor cut like Stevie Thomas.   No lasers are used on college campuses. All college camps are stop watch. Nike/ under Armour camps use Zybek laser . College coaches prefer stopwatch method as they have used this process for years.   Straight speed and football speed are 2 totally different things.   Those 3 or 4 guys can all scoot.  That is why one is faster in the 3 cone , one faster in 40 , and 1 in the 100.  All different types of players.  All good players.  

31 minutes ago, graham32 said:

First class. Goodluck rest of the way. 

Graham might have played like it, but if that King William score I just read in the other thread is true and they put up 62 on Lafayette, then I'm not picking against them from here on out.

As for the Gmen, what time did the fire department finally get up there and put that thing out?

V-High has some good athletes on that team.  The line play is what won this game for Graham. You could see V-High starting to get worn down in the 2nd quarter.  Graham was relentless at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Graham's defense continues to improve week to week. 

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Graham might have played like it, but if that King William score I just read in the other thread is true and they put up 62 on Lafayette, then I'm not picking against them from here on out.

As for the Gmen, what time did the fire department finally get up there and put that thing out?

I don't trust any score I see this season.  Lafayette may have had players out, were they coming off a week where their game was cancelled?  Nothing is normal about this season.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I don't trust any score I see this season.  Lafayette may have had players out, were they coming off a week where their game was cancelled?  Nothing is normal about this season.

I have no idea if they had players out or not, but when you think of Salem, Dinnwiddie, Heritage, then think along those same lines as Lafayette. Lafayette s 11 through 22 is better than most 2A teams. They aren't a run if the mill 3A school. Maybe they had players out. I have no clue. I don't know if the score is true, but 62 is a shi*load of points even if Lafayette dressed their JV team.

VA High is no longer excellently coached in my opinion. I moved them down to "well" coached, but tonight, their DC and HC laid a rotten egg. Playing Bradshaw 1 on 1 the first time? Ok, you test the waters and try to stop the run with more in the box and you live and learn. Then, the second time? OK, that makes one just a touch mentally off course. When you do it a third time, well.........it's just ignorance. Credit Turner at Union. He did it the first play of the game and learned very quick from his mistake. Now, would it have mattered overall in final outcome if VH would have had help over the top with Bradshaw? Not a whole bunch, but it would have at least made Graham work down the field. I just couldn't believe what I was watching.

Thomas is blazing fast in track and very fast in the field. Bradshaw is fast on the track and Blazing fast on the field and aside from his burst and straight line speed he is quick as lightening. Notre Dame wants him for a reason. You do NOT play him one on one. If you do, you pay for it (and rather quickly.)

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Well congratulations Ryan they scored 17 and 6 on the freshmen. You're a football God. I'll admit they've improved, but they aren't on Graham's level. Feel better?

42 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham was relentless at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Graham's defense continues to improve week to week. 

Once Graham’s offense got VA High figured out, it was all she wrote. The defense gave up a couple big plays but other than that, they were spot on; VA High has some talent for sure. Wish them luck the rest of the season.