Battle of the Undefeated: VA High vs Graham

Gridiron60

Credit to Graham's offensive coaches who mixes the run with the pass. Specifically, Graham's staff did a marvelous job of getting Bradshaw the ball.

Rule 1 for Graham QB who should be the green light, actually, not the green light but mandates to do so and that is.......no matter what play is called, if you have Bradshaw one on one, you audible and get him the ball.

Rule 2.  See rule one. 

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Credit to Graham's offensive coaches who mixes the run with the pass. Specifically, Graham's staff did a marvelous job of getting Bradshaw the ball.

Rule 1 for Graham QB who should be the green light, actually, not the green light but mandates to do so and that is.......no matter what play is called, if you have Bradshaw one on one, you audible and get him the ball.

Rule 2.  See rule one. 

It was definitely the Bradshaw show tonight, no offense to the Thomas kid because he is lightning fast & good but tonight was all Bradshaw. Why VA High kept him with 1 on 1 coverage is beyond me? 

Hel*,  Norman and Sherman aren't even left that isolated. Just nuts.... Thomas is a stud. He's one heck of a player, but you can't expect anyone, even an FBS caliber BCS level defensive back recruit to be left that isolated and expected to cover. Especially when the Graham QB was getting more time to throw by early second quarter.

Credit VH. They came to play and didn't back down and came out and fired a right overhand to the jaw of the GMen. It would be unfair in my opinion to say, "VH is overrated." VH is a very good football team and their future is solid. They just got beat by an excellent  (possible state title good) 2A High School football team.

9 hours ago, graham32 said:

How many did y’all score?🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t care how many we scored. I understand we are an average team and nothing more. But I love it when someone decides to say VHS will score 0 against the first team defense and they score 23. Game went exactly like I thought it would. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don’t care how many we scored. I understand we are an average team and nothing more. But I love it when someone decides to say VHS will score 0 against the first team defense and they score 23. Game went exactly like I thought it would. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually, 7 of those their first team offense scored againat our JV in the last four minutes just to clarify.  VA High is much improved though and that’s good for the district as a whole and definitely good for their peogram. I’m proud of our JV only allowing one score against their varsity. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Actually, 7 of those their first team offense scored againat our JV in the last four minutes just to clarify.  VA High is much improved though and that’s good for the district as a whole and definitely good for their peogram. I’m proud of our JV only allowing one score against their varsity. 

Either way. That’s still several scores. I’ve said all along y’all would win by multiple scores. And a running clock wasn’t out of the question. But some weren’t giving any shred of respect to VHS, who is a good team. Not great like Graham and the top 3 of the M7, but a good, solid team. 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

You made a ridiculous prediction, and it turned out to be ridiculous.  Eat the crow and move on.

He’s not capable of that. He’d rather go after me every chance he gets lol. 

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham made one whale of a statement tonight.  Another SWD title, and what appears to be a worthy challenger to Appomattox should they be fortunate enough to make it that far.  

Yep. Clearly the top of 2D. The road to Appo runs through Bluefield. 

Just a few thoughts from last night. GHS coaching staff and players made one heck of an in game adjustment to stop VH's offense. Looked as though it was going to be a track meet at first. Bradshaw is still the fastest on the field that I've seen so far this year. Again, Graham cut down on the dumb penalties!! It was one of those games that even though you have a big lead you didn't ever feel comfortable until there just wasn't enough time for a comeback. V-High is a very good team with some great athletes. Graham is just playing great football and clicking on all cylinders now. Looking forward to see how the G-Men match up at Pulaski!

59 minutes ago, frito gonzales said:

Just a few thoughts from last night. GHS coaching staff and players made one heck of an in game adjustment to stop VH's offense. Looked as though it was going to be a track meet at first. Bradshaw is still the fastest on the field that I've seen so far this year. Again, Graham cut down on the dumb penalties!! It was one of those games that even though you have a big lead you didn't ever feel comfortable until there just wasn't enough time for a comeback. V-High is a very good team with some great athletes. Graham is just playing great football and clicking on all cylinders now. Looking forward to see how the G-Men match up at Pulaski!

I agree with this statement.  VA High fought for the most part, but Graham was definitely the more physical team.  Bradshaw is more than electric, and cannot be covered 1 on 1, and why in the world was the ball kicked to him.  I look forward to seeing Graham grow down the road, they will have a chance to get to the end.  VA High has an overall ways to go, but hopefully the kids learned from playing in “BIG” game.  

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

You made a ridiculous prediction, and it turned out to be ridiculous.  Eat the crow and move on.

I wouldn’t call it ridiculous. Watching the game I think if they played 5 time Graham probably holds them to 7 points or less for a couple of them. Outside of the first TD, V High really couldn’t move the ball. The 2nd TD was a deep shot that was close to being picked off. V High has skill players but they got absolutely handled on both lines. Even against Thomas, Bradshaw looks to be the fast player in the area when pads are on.

1 minute ago, Gfan said:

I wouldn’t call it ridiculous. Watching the game I think if they played 5 time Graham probably holds them to 7 points or less for a couple of them. Outside of the first TD, V High really couldn’t move the ball. The 2nd TD was a deep shot that was close to being picked off. V High has skill players but they got absolutely handled on both lines. Even against Thomas, Bradshaw looks to be the fast player in the area when pads are on.

lol okay buddy whatever you say

30 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lol okay buddy whatever you say

I would try watching the game. They seldom got the ball out of their backfield from the 2nd half on. I didn’t think their O looked that much better than Bluefield’s and their d was definitely worse.

2 minutes ago, Gfan said:

I would try watching the game. They seldom got the ball out of their backfield from the 2nd half on. I didn’t think their O looked that much better than Bluefield’s and their d was definitely worse.

You're not gonna hold Thomas and Delaney to. 7 points. Not happening

1 hour ago, Gfan said:

I think if Graham and Virginia High played 100 times, VHS would score all 100 of them.

32 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I think if Graham and Virginia High played 100 times, VHS would score all 100 of them.

Well it’s a good thing you usually call non competitive football games as I am not sure you know what you are looking at.

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yep. Clearly the top of 2D. The road to Appo runs through Bluefield. 

Not necessarily.  If Graham stumbles against Pulaski, Appo I think might outpoint them, and that's assuming Graham wins the Region.

I read on VaPreps about PC. Pulaski County got blown out to Salem, but the other two losses were by a combined 8 or 9 points and PC is very very close to being a one loss team. The combined record of the three teams they lost to are 17-5. If Graham plays like the last two weeks to their potential, they win by 17 points. If they have 3-4 turnovers and a bunch of penalties, they will Lose this game. Pulaski is good enough that Graham will not be able to overcome penalties and self destruction like they were able to against Tazewell. Pulaski is to good and "within" the margin of error.

11 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Not necessarily.  If Graham stumbles against Pulaski, Appo I think might outpoint them, and that's assuming Graham wins the Region.

I read on VaPreps about PC. Pulaski County got blown out to Salem, but the other two losses were by a combined 8 or 9 points and PC is very very close to being a one loss team. The combined record of the three teams they lost to are 17-5. If Graham plays like the last two weeks to their potential, they win by 17 points. If they have 3-4 turnovers and a bunch of penalties, they will Lose this game. Pulaski is good enough that Graham will not be able to overcome penalties and self destruction like they were able to against Tazewell. Pulaski is to good and "within" the margin of error.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, is it?  I said the road TO Appo runs through Bluefield. 

20 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, is it?  I said the road TO Appo runs through Bluefield. 

LOL, you are a touchy bugger aren't ya.  I get it.  Richlands is playing about as useful as tits on a boar hog, so I understand the frustration.  With that written, I suggest your learn to write a touch better and not assume.  If your assumption is the game is at Appo, then it's likely you are wrong.  It looks like Graham gets the homefield position if they beat Pulaski.  So, maybe it should have read, the road TO Bluefield (Graham) starts from Appo, lol.  Now, if they are back to rotating state semi games due to Covid and all of that stuff, and they are not going by who has the highest power rating, the point is meaningless.

9 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They scored 16 againsft the first team defense.  Thomas ran a 59 yard td against Graham's jv. (sorry, didn't see where somebody already replied with this).

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham made one whale of a statement tonight.  Another SWD title, and what appears to be a worthy challenger to Appomattox should they be fortunate enough to make it that far.  

I agree.  Graham is improving every week, especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Virginia High was more impressive then I expected.  Graham is tackling much better then early in the season and they have made a few minor tweaks on defense and it is working for them.  The defense will only get better.  The freshman, Hill is getting better each game with experience.  Vineyard and Wallace are starting to understand their roles better.  The younger Meadows seems to have recovered from his injury fully and making tackles and Hughes has really stepped up on both sides of the ball as a blocker and tackler.  Graham is a much better team at this point then they were in the first 2 or 3 weeks.  Seems as if they do this each year lately, good deal of defensive improvement throughout the season.  Bradshaw has been quiet the past couple of weeks (Graham didn't really use him much, they didn't need him to win), but he was targeted more last night and he went off.  It will take one heck of a team to beat them going forward.