Battle of the Undefeated: VA High vs Graham

Gridiron60

48 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

LOL, you are a touchy bugger aren't ya.  I get it.  Richlands is playing about as useful as tits on a boar hog, so I understand the frustration.  With that written, I suggest your learn to write a touch better and not assume.  If your assumption is the game is at Appo, then it's likely you are wrong.  It looks like Graham gets the homefield position if they beat Pulaski.  So, maybe it should have read, the road TO Bluefield (Graham) starts from Appo, lol.  Now, if they are back to rotating state semi games due to Covid and all of that stuff, and they are not going by who has the highest power rating, the point is meaningless.

Richlands playing their hearts out and getting beaten by better teams on what is the hardest schedule in this area has 0 to do with my growing frustration with your pompous, think-you-know-everything-in-the-world ass. 

Keep the boys on the field every Friday night out of your attempted insults of me. 

Va High's first score was with a penalty which led to the 25 yd TD run by the QB in their first series.  After that, a kickoff return set up the field goal, and they didn't move it AT ALL from that point.  I think "Stevie" had about 50 yds of rushing on a gazillion carries by the end of the third quarter when it was 56 to whatever. Graham put the JV team and Thomas broke a 60 some yarder in the 4th on the JV team.  Minus Graham's bad kickoff coverage and 15 yd penalty to set up the field goal, Virginia High actually earned (their own doing and not Graham's doing) a total of 7 points.  If Graham doesn't give up the long kickoff return in conjunction with the 15 yd defensive penalty that same drive, V high doesn't get the field goal at the end of the first half.  

VH is improving and their kids play hard, but lets be real guys, they got physically smashed.  Absolutely physically smashed in the face.  Here's the danger though with them playing Unon, Central, Ridgeview.  Va High with one slip, one faulty position of kickoff or punt coverage, and Thomas can house it.  with one slant route miss on defense, if one linebacker misses, they have a couple that can and will take it to the house.  Va high's problem?  Guess who on the kickoff return for Graham made the tackle and didn't allow him to pull away.  You guessed it.  Union and Central does not have the extra kind of cushion for those type of VA High plays of which they can strike quick.  I don't think Va High beats Union or Central or Ridgeview, but I think on a given night, they could give Central and Union problems because of Central and Union's inability to pull away from opponents with ease.  It would be a game where Central and Union dominated in the rush game, but because both schools run it so much, they would limit VH's possessions, but the they also limit their very own possessions which can often keep the came closer than it should be even when you have dominated, which leaves "chance" open in the 4th quarter.  That very thing happened with Graham and Union.   Controlling the ball is great and it works a bunch, but when you do that, it's often hard to get a comfortable lead against a good opponent which leaves the 4th quarter open to things that are of "chance."  Fumbles, one hold that ruins your drive, etc.  It happened to Union in the 4th qtr against Graham.  

28 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Va High's first score was with a penalty which led to the 25 yd TD run by the QB in their first series.  After that, a kickoff return set up the field goal, and they didn't move it AT ALL from that point.  I think "Stevie" had about 50 yds of rushing on a gazillion carries by the end of the third quarter when it was 56 to whatever. Graham put the JV team and Thomas broke a 60 some yarder in the 4th on the JV team.  Minus Graham's bad kickoff coverage and 15 yd penalty to set up the field goal, Virginia High actually earned (their own doing and not Graham's doing) a total of 7 points.  If Graham doesn't give up the long kickoff return in conjunction with the 15 yd defensive penalty that same drive, V high doesn't get the field goal at the end of the first half.  

VH is improving and their kids play hard, but lets be real guys, they got physically smashed.  Absolutely physically smashed in the face.  Here's the danger though with them playing Unon, Central, Ridgeview.  Va High with one slip, one faulty position of kickoff or punt coverage, and Thomas can house it.  with one slant route miss on defense, if one linebacker misses, they have a couple that can and will take it to the house.  Va high's problem?  Guess who on the kickoff return for Graham made the tackle and didn't allow him to pull away.  You guessed it.  Union and Central does not have the extra kind of cushion for those type of VA High plays of which they can strike quick.  I don't think Va High beats Union or Central or Ridgeview, but I think on a given night, they could give Central and Union problems because of Central and Union's inability to pull away from opponents with ease.  It would be a game where Central and Union dominated in the rush game, but because both schools run it so much, they would limit VH's possessions, but the they also limit their very own possessions which can often keep the came closer than it should be even when you have dominated, which leaves "chance" open in the 4th quarter.  That very thing happened with Graham and Union.   Controlling the ball is great and it works a bunch, but when you do that, it's often hard to get a comfortable lead against a good opponent which leaves the 4th quarter open to things that are of "chance."  Fumbles, one hold that ruins your drive, etc.  It happened to Union in the 4th qtr against Graham.  

Bradshaw got hurt play before 1st score and wasn't on field also. Just sayin....

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

LOL, you are a touchy bugger aren't ya.  I get it.  Richlands is playing about as useful as tits on a boar hog, so I understand the frustration.  With that written, I suggest your learn to write a touch better and not assume.  If your assumption is the game is at Appo, then it's likely you are wrong.  It looks like Graham gets the homefield position if they beat Pulaski.  So, maybe it should have read, the road TO Bluefield (Graham) starts from Appo, lol.  Now, if they are back to rotating state semi games due to Covid and all of that stuff, and they are not going by who has the highest power rating, the point is meaningless.

I checked the numbers if Graham would happen to lose Friday as to who would host a hypothetical Graham/Appomattox game. If Graham loses Friday and wins other two they get 217 points minimum, 245 maximum. Appomattox wins out 209 minimum 229 maximum. Graham wins its 232/262. Graham would have 15 games they could score rider points on Appomattox has 10. Things would have to go awfully wrong for Appomattox to host.

28 minutes ago, CPF said:

I checked the numbers if Graham would happen to lose Friday as to who would host a hypothetical Graham/Appomattox game. If Graham loses Friday and wins other two they get 217 points minimum, 245 maximum. Appomattox wins out 209 minimum 229 maximum. Graham wins its 232/262. Graham would have 15 games they could score rider points on Appomattox has 10. Things would have to go awfully wrong for Appomattox to host.

Good for Graham.  I want to see Appomattox come west, outside the confines of Region C officiating in a state sem-final game, and play against a team that has equal athletes.  No offense to Union or Ridgeview or Central, but I want to see them come to Graham.  In 2019, that game is possibly a different outcome with Graham and Appomattox if that game is on a neutral field or played in Bluefield.  It's not intentionally cheating with officials.  It's getting caught up in the emotion of the event that often sways 50/50 calls in favor of the home team in state semi games.  It happed with Graham and Appo down there.  Appo got nearly every 50/50 call.  Again, not intentional by the officials, but it's the difference in High School Officials and College and Pro Officials.  Those officials at a higher levels are less likely to get caught up in the emotion of the game which can benefit the home team/crowd.  It even happens at higher levels.  Simple human nature.  

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

You're not gonna hold Thomas and Delaney to. 7 points. Not happening

Delaney and Thomas had zero points on the varsity D. I think combined they put up less than 100 yards on Graham’s varsity.

Good for Graham.  I want to see Appomattox come west, outside the confines of Region C officiating in a state sem-final game, and play against a team that has equal athletes.  No offense to Union or Ridgeview or Central, but I want to see them come to Graham.  In 2019, that game is possibly a different outcome with Graham and Appomattox if that game is on a neutral field or played in Bluefield.  It's not intentionally cheating with officials.  It's getting caught up in the emotion of the event that often sways 50/50 calls in favor of the home team in state semi games.  It happed with Graham and Appo down there.  Appo got nearly every 50/50 call.  Again, not intentional by the officials, but it's the difference in High School Officials and College and Pro Officials.  Those officials at a higher levels are less likely to get caught up in the emotion of the game which can benefit the home team/crowd.  It even happens at higher levels.  Simple human nature.  

Appo had an ineligible receiver downfield on several of their big plays (lined up inside of the TE and went downfield for a pass).  It caused a Graham defender to try to cover and left somebody else wide open.  It was frustrating to watch, they finally called it late in the game.  Would it have changed the outcome if those calls were made?  Not sure.  Also, Graham was missing a key lineman and had to shift folks around and left them short-handed in the secondary.  Two of Appo's TD's came off of blown coverage for Graham and a receiver wide open.  At the 2A level, you cannot afford to lose a key player that late in the season and it hurt Graham.  They were toe to toe with Appo in that game, if not for a few key plays.  As for this season.  There are 4 or 5 very good teams in Region D.  Let's get out of the region before talking about Appo.  Appo has Glenvar to get past, they are looking very good as of late.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands playing their hearts out and getting beaten by better teams on what is the hardest schedule in this area has 0 to do with my growing frustration with your pompous, think-you-know-everything-in-the-world ass. 

Keep the boys on the field every Friday night out of your attempted insults of me. 

Back at ya chief. Your sensitivity is alarming, and I don't know everything, I just know more than you.  And you are right,  Richlands certainly is getting beat by better teams. I kind of pointed that out in my last post. 

16 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Back at ya chief. Your sensitivity is alarming, and I don't know everything, I just know more than you.  And you are right,  Richlands certainly is getting beat by better teams. I kind of pointed that out in my last post. 

You also called a bunch of kids “useless as tits on a boar hog.” 
Keep the kids out of it, asshole. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

You also called a bunch of kids “useless as tits on a boar hog.” 
Keep the kids out of it, asshole. 

I'm not a fan of namecalling Ryan.  I'm not that sensitive.  Incredible, you call out reading comprehension, then accuse me of calling a bunch of kids "useless as tits on a boar hog."  I will not call you a liar, but your are being pretty dang dishonest.  I said Richlands has been playing about as useless as tits on a boar hog.  You know very well what that means.  It means Richlands is taking some serious beatings this year and not playing well and in short, the opposite team is outscoring them by a bunch.  I stand by the statement.  As for calling kids names?  You are reaching and no better, but......I expect nothing less from you.  

I still question what school you went to.  I've never witnessed such fallacy of any poster on this board.  What you just tried to pull was a red herring.  Your shapeshifting the true point (Richlands looks awful this year) and attempting to turn that into name-calling.  Nice try.  I have all the respect in the world for the Blues and still root for you guys.  One of my best buds coached there for decades as you know.  

2 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I'm not a fan of namecalling Ryan.  I'm not that sensitive.  Incredible, you call our reading comprehension, then accusing me of calling a bunch of kids "useless as tits on a boar hog."  I will not call you a liar, but your are being pretty dang dishonest.  I said Richlands has been playing about as useless as tits on a boar hog.  You know very well what that means.  It means Richlands is taking some serious beatings this year and not playing well and in short, the opposite team is outscoring them by a bunch.  I stand by the statement.  As for calling kids names?  You are reaching and no better, but......I expect nothing less from you.  

Is this better? 🖕🏻

7 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Is this better? 🖕🏻

Ohhh, I love it.  Sounds like ole Ryno needs a man in his life.  Few things in life start as innocently as the finger, and thankful to St. Peter, it's the foundation by which many relationships have started.  

We have, twice, and the one time there was complaining about the officiating down there in Region D. Lol! 

We are definitely beatable as are most teams. 
Maybe we will get to travel to Region D this year if we can make it that far. 

I like Ryan.  I have seen Ryan post over the years on Virginia Preps he is super smart on pigskin and seems like a great dude.  I know vtdavis (played against him) from Giles and he is also a great guy that knows football and was one heck of a player at Giles.  The guy from Princeton, well............damn!

All of us have bad days. 

21 hours ago, Gfan said:

Delaney and Thomas had zero points on the varsity D. I think combined they put up less than 100 yards on Graham’s varsity.

31 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Whatever you say boss. 

I don’t know what yardage they had before the Graham starters were pulled but it wasn’t even close to what they’ve been putting up. I don’t think Delaney scored at all and Thomas had one score the last 4 minutes on the JV. Taking nothing away from either one, they’re both quality players but Graham’s defense held them in check Friday night. 

On 10/16/2021 at 9:11 AM, frito gonzales said:

Just a few thoughts from last night. GHS coaching staff and players made one heck of an in game adjustment to stop VH's offense. Looked as though it was going to be a track meet at first. Bradshaw is still the fastest on the field that I've seen so far this year. Again, Graham cut down on the dumb penalties!! It was one of those games that even though you have a big lead you didn't ever feel comfortable until there just wasn't enough time for a comeback. V-High is a very good team with some great athletes. Graham is just playing great football and clicking on all cylinders now. Looking forward to see how the G-Men match up at Pulaski!

You can assume all you want but it's in the record book in district and regions last season in track Thomas, Delaney and Poku all beat Bradshaw so that's a false statement that he's the fastest you seen

4 minutes ago, Bcats said:

You can assume all you want but it's in the record book in district and regions last season in track Thomas, Delaney and Poku all beat Bradshaw so that's a false statement that he's the fastest you seen

I find it hard to believe that it is in the record books when Delaney and Poku didn’t run track..