Galax vs George Wythe

Gridiron60

32 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Well, GW has had a month to tweak the playbook. Maybe we’ll see some surprises on offense against Galax. Even with some surprises, I think Galax can make adjustments and it’s going to be a win by at least 3 TDs. I could be wrong. I hope it’s competitive but I just don’t see it being a barn burner. 

I think 3tds is low honestly man imo it's 5+ at the half. Like I said before is love a win and anyone who has ever seen me make pick I don't pick against GW but I just don't see how they win. The O should be much improved with time off and getting the QB back but I don't think it's going to be enough.

24 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

Different sport but same principle. As Greg Maddux once said, “No need to steal the sign. I will tell you what I throw. It’s an 89mph Sinker and you won’t even swing at it”.  Knowing what it is and stopping it is two entirely different things. We are talking about high school kids here. I will give you the best example yet. In 2015 the young man from Galax might as well have been in the huddle with Riverheads. He was a machine and I give him all the credit in the world for that state championship that Galax rightfully won. The next time they faced each other the coach knew we ran the same plays and may have called them out but they could not stop them. Just like with boxing or any combat sports, matchups make fights. Sometimes you are the hammer and sometimes you are the nail. So is life.....

True they do and they've had our number for a while now sadly lol. Imo and mine alone I just feel we've presented them with the exact same look everytime we've played. And yes execution is key but we usually have no problem executing them most weeks and yes sometimes you're just playing a better team. But in most years we aren't outclassed talent wise against anyone in 1A our speed is too notch and size it to usually. The Big Red Machine saw that first hand in the semifinals a few years back. So I think it boils down to the kids being prepared to play and we aren't against high level teams that's proven over the years he's been at GW. I know it's a dead horse but once he's gone GW will be what it was.

To be fair Coach Allen has ran the defense for several years now. And Dixon gave him all the credit to stopping your very Dynamic QB in 2019 both games.  

Alot of coaches can narrow down to what you are going to run by studying film and knowing tendencies of plays on certain formations and downs and yardage situations. What made Dixon so good was his adjustments as to how those plays was blocked and especially on how to make adjustments to the blocking scheme on offense to what  the defense was doing. Casto is outstanding at this on the offensive side. 

He would run the same play over and over multiple times in a row and adjust till he got what he was looking for.  Lol he ran off tackle left repeatedly against Riverheads for a full Quarter and  was gaining multiple yards each  time. Even though everyone in the stadium knew what was coming. He just adjusted how he would block it every little bit. 

Although with a month off GW certainly has an advantage to prepare for Galax 

Iove watching games at GW field. Great view from everywhere in the stadium. There was some hits being threw last night. Don't know if the stadium amplifies the sound but there was some loud pops. Although I hope the GW lineman didn't mess his knee up to bad. It looked like he was in alot of pain. 

Galax looked good last night Allen certainly called off the dogs mid way through second quarter. The third string TB number 7 can absolutely fly. Wow, he needs to get the ball out to him in space more. On that long run he made one of the prettiest cuts I have seen all year.