Tazewell V. Bluefield

bulldog05-CO2017

I'm having a hard time coming up with someone on Graham's defensive line that I would trust getting a scouting report from😂😂 Unlike previous years this isn't an automatic Bluefield win. Bluefield plays Pikeview tonight I believe. So that'll be a confidence booster for them but also gives them one less day to prepare for Tazewell. I only see them getting better with more games and practice. Should be a good game.

24 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm having a hard time coming up with someone on Graham's defensive line that I would trust getting a scouting report from😂😂 Unlike previous years this isn't an automatic Bluefield win. Bluefield plays Pikeview tonight I believe. So that'll be a confidence booster for them but also gives them one less day to prepare for Tazewell. I only see them getting better with more games and practice. Should be a good game.

By far am I expecting Tazewell to win, but I don’t think it’ll be a complete blowout. Lol

Bluefield by 17. Bluefield has bucket loads of talent. They are raw, have had few practices and games, and it showed playing a juggernaut Graham team.

What Bluefield has and what they still are is.......they are Bluefield. That means incredible speed and one of the better coaches at the AA level in WV and the 2A level in Virginia (if they were in VA). This means.....they get better at a rate Faster than most others. Most teams trend up all year, but Bluefield"s  trajectory sky rockets, Bluefield has a wicked high ceiling due to the talent on their team.

They will beat Tazewell. Bad matchup for the Dogs. Bluefield"s pass D is good. Their DL is the weak spot. Tazewell isn't a strong running team. The matchup plays right into the Beavers hands.

6 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Bluefield by 17. Bluefield has bucket loads of talent. They are raw, have had few practices and games, and it showed playing a juggernaut Graham team.

What Bluefield has and what they still are is.......they are Bluefield. That means incredible speed and one of the better coaches at the AA level in WV and the 2A level in Virginia (if they were in VA). This means.....they get better at a rate Faster than most others. Most teams trend up all year, but Bluefield"s  trajectory sky rockets. 

They will beat Tazewell. Bad matchup for the Dogs. Bluefield"s pass D is good. Their DL is the weak spot. Tazewell isn't a strong running team. The matchup plays right into the Beavers hands.

They can feel free to sky rocket all they want after 10/29! Lol

12 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

They can feel free to sky rocket all they want after 10/29! Lol

I hear ya, but Bluefield will rapidly traject up game by game, week by week. All or at least most teams do it, but Bluefield ceiling is stupid high and their ability to traject higher is very real and very usual. I like the Dogs of Tazewell. Always have. I hope you all win, but I would be surprised, very surprised if Bluefield doesn't look like a totally different team that what we saw against Graham. At the same time, let's credit Graham for some of Bluefield"s showing also. Graham is very good. They certainly helped play a part in how underwhelming Bluefield looked on Friday night.

3 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I hear ya, but Bluefield will rapidly traject up game by game, week by week. All or at least most teams do it, but Bluefield ceiling is stupid high and their ability to traject higher is very real and very usual. I like the Dogs of Tazewell. Always have. I hope you all win, but I would be surprised, very surprised if Bluefield doesn't look like a totally different team that what we saw against Graham. At the same time, let's credit Graham for some of Bluefield"s showing also. Graham is very good. They certainly helped play a part in how underwhelming Bluefield looked on Friday night.

I'm hoping they don't trject too high before the Ridgeview game! That's why I put 10/29! I should have been clearer in the Bluefield Tazewell thread.  Lol

Bluefield as I told you all.........is Bluefield. And.......don't ever make a habit of picking against them. Their talent is stupid. 

Im going to pick it right now. Bluefield will go to Ridgeview and by the time they are done, they will have the fire dept. geared up and ready to go just like they did at Mitchell Stadium tonight.  

When it's all said and done, if Bluefield gets enough games in and makes the playoffs, do not be a bit shocked if they play for a state title.  They are Not good enough to win it this year, but anything short of reaching the semifinals will be a surprise to me.  

25 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Bluefield as I told you all.........is Bluefield. And.......don't ever make a habit of picking against them. Their talent is stupid. 

Im going to pick it right now. Bluefield will go to Ridgeview and by the time they are done, they will have the fire dept. geared up and ready to go just like they did at Mitchell Stadium tonight.  

When it's all said and done, if Bluefield gets enough games in and makes the playoffs, do not be a bit shocked if they play for a state title.  They are Not good enough to win it this year, but anything short of reaching the semifinals will be a surprise to me.  

I dunno bout all that. Bluefield prob wins but RV is better than Tazwell.

1 hour ago, CPF said:

And Ryan said beaver wasn't any good......

Ryan hates the Beavers with a purple passion like most non-Beaver fans do because Bluefield has been shi#kicking the Blues and most teams far more times than not for about 70 or so years. 

BW, I was being facetious. I agree with you on Ridgeview and Bluefield. I do think Bluefield will score a bunch, but so will Ridgeview. I think Bluefield wins it 35-31, and true, 35 isn't calling for the fire dept by any means. No offense to the young Bulldog team which plays hard, but Ridgeview is a whole other beast. Living so close to Bluefield, I've seen them start ugly before, and just as the season goes, they look completely like a different bunch of kids in their unis. 

The Bluefield team this year is absolutely loaded with talent and this group has been talked about for a while.  There is just no way they are going to replicate how they looked against Graham. Again, credit Graham as Graham now looks like 2018, but Bluefield has to much talent to not be good. Their defensive line will prevent them from winning a state title. It won't be their offense or secondary. I said this with Tazewell, it's a bad matchup just like it is for Ridgeview. I know Ridgeview can run it some, but they still strike more effectively with the pass and Bluefield secondary is lightening fast and a pass oriented team is playing into the Beavers hands. Like Tazewell tonight, the pick sizes were a given.

The total yards were surprisingly close for a 57-14 final score.  Bluefield only had 292, and Tazewell only had 174.  The difference was the mauling that Bluefield’s line gave to Tazewell’s line.  8 sacks of Creasy lost 42 yards.  It also forced hurried throws, and Bluefield intercepted 2, 1 of which was a lengthy pick-6.  Bluefield also took advantage of some special team miscues.  Whatever ills affected Bluefield early on have been fixed.  Amir Hairston’s going to be a problem for WV teams for his last 2.5 seasons.

10 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Ryan hates the Beavers with a purple passion like most non-Beaver fans do because Bluefield has been shi#kicking the Blues and most teams far more times than not for about 70 or so years.

I don’t hate Bluefield at all. In fact, I pull for them to win just about every game they’re in that’s not against Richlands. You should probably get your facts straight before you run your mouth about someone you don’t know. 

11 hours ago, CPF said:

And Ryan said beaver wasn't any good......

Saying they weren’t good was probably an overstep. But I’ll stand by the fact that they are not the same caliber team as they usually are. I don’t see them getting to the semis in WV unless there’s a Covid situation. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But when you’re used to the success Bluefield has enjoyed, this season will go down as a below average one when the season is done, I think. I’ll gladly admit if I’m wrong and they make a deep run, though. 

19 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

WV AA is way down. If Bluefield continues to improve and Richlands comes over to make up the game Bluefield could win it all.

Is it? Wasn’t aware WV AA was down. Haven’t followed WV as closely this season. That could bode well for the Beavers. 

I haven’t heard anyone say that the game will be made up, but maybe you’ve heard more than I have. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Is it? Wasn’t aware WV AA was down. Haven’t followed WV as closely this season. That could bode well for the Beavers. 

I haven’t heard anyone say that the game will be made up, but maybe you’ve heard more than I have. 

No I am just messing around. I doubt that it is played and I know nothing about a reschedule.

8 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

No I am just messing around. I doubt that it is played and I know nothing about a reschedule.

I thought you had heard more than I did. I guess will find out when the ratings are released on Monday since the deadline to inform the VHSL was Friday. 

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

WV AA is way down. If Bluefield continues to improve and Richlands comes over to make up the game Bluefield could win it all.

Other than winning, what does Bluefield have to do to be eligible for playoffs? Schedule another game?

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Herbert Hoover will be tough for Bluefield to beat this year. Independence, Poca and Point Pleasant are right there with Bluefield, but the Beavers likely could take all 3 of them. Hoover will be difficult