Week 8 Updates

SWVAgridiron

From Buckingham and a Final 

Nottoway goes to Buchingham and wins on the road to remain undefeated by a score of 26-8. Nottoway also looks to be the real deal this year. 

I was told earlier this year by my brother in law who lives in Crewe VA (Nottoway) to pick the field (the rest of the East) over Draft to play for a state title game. I would be surprised if Draft represents this year over King William and/or Nottoway.

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I honestly don’t mean this to be offensive to the George Wythe faithful. Y’all have been saying for two years, Allen can’t coach. Riding high on Dixon’s former players. I believe 12 of the 38 players on the current roster actually played for Dixon. 

At some point, reality has to set in. 

So, 12 of the 28 were freshman or sophomores when Dixon was there! Most of them start now! So they have residual from that! So Allen was running Dixon’s playbook all night! Call it plagiarism for lack of a better term but if it’s not broke don’t fix it! Dixons presence still there! Everyone knows the weakness in the GW defense and it’s right up the middle 1-2 holes! GW needs a nose guard in the worst way but they have no other defense they can run!  Coaches run that stupid 4-4 and middle is open! D line gets no penetration by design! Suppose to tie up o lineman! Funny never see that in college or pros! All I see there is d line penetrating making tackles in the back field. Couldn’t let 1 get a running start and pound but that’s exactly what happened! it’s Katy bar the door with good running teams! Congrats on the win! Next couple years will tell what u have in Allen. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Would like to see the match up against Graham with them in full swing and not rusty like they were

Graham is starting to hit their stride.  I think it would be the same outcome, maybe a bit closer, but Graham dominated Bluefield on the line of scrimmage.

49 minutes ago, -oo- said:

End of 3rd

Graham - 56

Virginia High - 17

Running clock has been turned on. Should finish up pretty quickly.

It would have, if V-High wouldn't have ran Thomas against Graham's backups to get within 33... Graham held Thomas in check all night, his stats will be deceiving after that last long TD.

I am going to say something as someone from Big Stone originally and someone who has spent time away. 

I support the kids at Union. But to be quite blunt, they made a terrible effort tonight. 

Union has a great football program. It’s great what they have going on. And it’s fun more often than not to watch them. 

But the fans have got to quit acting like the team is unbeatable. Union is clearly not unbeatable and it’s high time people in Big Stone and Appalachia realize that. 

They made uncharacteristic mistakes. There were players trying to be heroes. Refer to the muffed punt. He should have let it roll. But you live and you learn. 

Central outplayed Union and they deserved every bit of that win. 

Something was mentioned on the radio tonight as I drove home, of course they stated Billy Cawood dying and they said “another situation “ may have had an effect on Union , I have to think it was our friend Chris having some problems at home. The kids are very protective of  Chris, so that may have been what they were speaking of

43 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I think it was actually the principal and AD

Yes our AD is a giant tool. Small in stature and big large idiocy. I apologize on our behalf, if the game hadn't been close they wouldn't have said anything. 

On another note explain what happened in the game as I went to Galax /GW game. As I figured it would be a blow out here in Independence by Giles. Very surprised. 

4 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Something was mentioned on the radio tonight as I drove home, of course they stated Billy Cawood dying and they said “another situation “ may have had an effect on Union , I have to think it was our friend Chris having some problems at home. The kids are very protective of  Chris, so that may have been what they were speaking of

It was most likely the death of someone that is close to a player.