Week 8 Updates

SWVAgridiron

3 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Well, Khalik is going to be playing tailback. What other choice do we have? I know he's small, but again, give the kid a year in the weight room and let's see what happens.  Got one from PC coming in on the line and possibly.......possibly one from Radford that can fill in at running back.  That one is far from a definite. The kid from PC is pretty much a done deal. 

The backfield is where Giles is gonna suffer next year. It will be similar to 2009. We had a great line, but didn’t have the right backfield to run behind it.  Someone will have to step up at tailback, Khalik will be the fullback.

13 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The backfield is where Giles is gonna suffer next year. It will be similar to 2009. We had a great line, but didn’t have the right backfield to run behind it.  Someone will have to step up at tailback, Khalik will be the fullback.

True, we aren't going to be as strong in the backfield. That's a given. I just think Khalik will get a lot of touches. If I had the choice, I would want to be solid on the OL and also in the backfield. But, if I only had one to choose from, I would rather be good up front and then hope we can find someone to carry the rock instead of.....having great backs, but having an ineffective OL.

7 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

True, we aren't going to be as strong in the backfield. That's a given. I just think Khalik will get a lot of touches. If I had the choice, I would want to be solid on the OL and also in the backfield. But, if I only had one to choose from, I would rather be good up front and then hope we can find someone to carry the rock instead of.....having great backs, but having an ineffective OL.

I agree that Khalik will get a lot more touches next year. We just haven’t been very effective on our fullback runs this season but hopefully that will change with returning most of the o-line. What these kids choose to do in the off-season is very critical. Hopefully they choose the weight room.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I agree that Khalik will get a lot more touches next year. We just haven’t been very effective on our fullback runs this season but hopefully that will change with returning most of the o-line. What these kids choose to do in the off-season is very critical. Hopefully they choose the weight room.

I like #23 at tailback next year. Watching warm ups, kid by far has the best arm. Needs to get a little tougher running the ball, but he's just a sophomore too

12 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Well, Khalik is going to be playing tailback. What other choice do we have? I know he's small, but again, give the kid a year in the weight room and let's see what happens.  Got one from PC coming in on the line and possibly.......possibly one from Radford that can fill in at running back.  That one is far from a definite. The kid from PC is pretty much a done deal. 

I don't think he will be TB from what I'm hearing

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Arm? Hahaha we don't throw it anyway

Yeah, well there's a few rocks there on the hill around our scoreboard that says we did, can, and need to. Ricky Cook and Raphael Milton says we do. So it is a definite plus to have a tailback that can throw.

17 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Yeah, well there's a few rocks there on the hill around our scoreboard that says we did, can, and need to. Ricky Cook and Raphael Milton says we do. So it is a definite plus to have a tailback that can throw.

Yes it's a plus but we don't throw much...but yeah if you have one that can throw it's a bonus