Richlands/Union

TaterHater

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think they are going for the smaller, quicker DT to get to the QB. Works ok against teams that can't run the ball, not so much against teams like Central. I see lots of beef on the sidelines just standing around. I have to wonder why...

You would think one might try the same strategy that worked in the playoffs 🤔

20 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Well you might as well get ready to see Richlands abingdon heck even battle just line up and run it right down the bears throat. The reason being is the defensive coordinator doesn't know how to make adjustments point blank. Don't know many DC's that have dreams of what to run against certain teams and actually try it.

DC is lagit dumb@$$....who puts in a new defense package during pre-game warm ups?????? 

MADDEN only works on your game system, not in real life,JONES is coaching at the new WESTRIDGE HS in KINGSPORT,and NICK C is at D B, so I don't know who could take over.TRAVIS was a really good d-player also , so he might have to have more input into the defense we run. RHOADS please come back!!!!!

Must chime in and say I'm proud of the Blues for never quiting in this game.  They could have folded after the first half, hung their heads and got on the bus, but they fought hard in the second half against a better opponet and never quit fighting until the end.  Union had the better team, and it showed on the field.  I take my hat off to both teams and congrats to the way the game was played.  Always an exciting game to watch and this one was no different, just a good hard played football game.

I agree. Richlands has now had several games dating back to last year ( Ridgeview) in which they just look lethargic and going through the motions for a quarter or 2.  Then fight hard down the stretch. Union had the better team and gave them a quick 14-0 lead. I  just wish the blues would be more aggressive in the first half. The screens to brown have looked good all year ,and Simmons has hauled in almost every deep ball that gets thrown to him.  Webb had  monster game Friday  but still was used almost none as a slot receiver.   Im not sure why the passing numbers are so far down. Qb appeared to have time, in a few contests this year but 0 timing routes .  Webb is most dangerous  IMO when they were throwing him 8-10 balls across the middle per game in all years past.  But back to Tru Blue 72s post , I agree. Union the better team , and proud of the effort but would love to see a 4 quarter game out of the blues this season. Gate city in week 1 , may have been the closest thing to that we will see.   Lomax and Jenkins are flat studs for Union and I think that the second round of the region playoffs  will be some of the best football played in a long time.