Auburn???

MT FAN 91

36 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Anyone know if Auburn is planning on playing Galax this week?

If I were Galax, I'd take the forfeit. Likely no small school would play them, and they could risk their #1 seed if they pick up a big school and lose. Giles should do the same the next week. Giles should be #2 seed if they beat James River next week. That gets you 2 home playoff games, as long as you take care of business. Plus an extra week off this late helps with injuries.

11 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

If I were Galax, I'd take the forfeit. Likely no small school would play them, and they could risk their #1 seed if they pick up a big school and lose. Giles should do the same the next week. Giles should be #2 seed if they beat James River next week. That gets you 2 home playoff games, as long as you take care of business. Plus an extra week off this late helps with injuries.

Looks like no matter who wins Region C we are going to be traveling to D again. Holaton or Chilhowie. 

5 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

Galax, Bluefield Beavers on Line 1.

Galax, Bluefield on Line 1.

Click.

51 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m sure ours will be as well

Not too sure. When they cancelled their game with Floyd, they went by their matchups. Floyd apparently had a lot of big seniors and juniors. Auburn has many 9th an 10th graders that the coach thought couldn't matchup physically. Giles is fairly small and young also. Probably got 6 or so sophomores starting on O & D. He may feel he can get through that game without a lot of injuries. 

54 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Not too sure. When they cancelled their game with Floyd, they went by their matchups. Floyd apparently had a lot of big seniors and juniors. Auburn has many 9th an 10th graders that the coach thought couldn't matchup physically. Giles is fairly small and young also. Probably got 6 or so sophomores starting on O & D. He may feel he can get through that game without a lot of injuries. 

Doubt it...but I hope they play