Auburn???

MT FAN 91

On 10/18/2021 at 6:40 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Doubt it...but I hope they play

Auburn is still practicing, saw them today. Must be planning on playing Giles next week if he's got enough healthy kids. I'm sure Williams will pull starters early. He's good about stuff like that

11 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Auburn is still practicing, saw them today. Must be planning on playing Giles next week if he's got enough healthy kids. I'm sure Williams will pull starters early. He's good about stuff like that

I've heard he already told their coach he would plus we have a ton of soph and freshmen also that should get a good bit of playing time

17 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Giles was not able to find a replacement for Friday so it will be a bye week. We will finish out the season hosting Glenvar. 

Giles needs to keep Graham on speed dial and vice-versa.  I'm hearing by a couple of Blacksburg fans that B-Burg might not be a guarantee with the G-men.  Why?  3 more players quit yesterday for Blacksburg.  Don't be surprised if over the next day, B-Burg cancels on Graham.  If that happens and Graham played Giles, it would serve both Giles and Graham well compared to what was the alternative.  I live in Newport, so fairly close to B-Burg and we have a few B-Burg natives that follow their program living here on this side of the county line.  They tell me B-Burg's football program is a mess.  I told them that I didn't need them (my neighbors) to tell me that for me to figure that out, but evidently, it's more than just talent down and less players out.  There are less players out because they are very unhappy with the coaching situation.

58 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Giles needs to keep Graham on speed dial and vice-versa.  I'm hearing by a couple of Blacksburg fans that B-Burg might not be a guarantee with the G-men.  Why?  3 more players quit yesterday for Blacksburg.  Don't be surprised if over the next day, B-Burg cancels on Graham.  If that happens and Graham played Giles, it would serve both Giles and Graham well compared to what was the alternative.  I live in Newport, so fairly close to B-Burg and we have a few B-Burg natives that follow their program living here on this side of the county line.  They tell me B-Burg's football program is a mess.  I told them that I didn't need them (my neighbors) to tell me that for me to figure that out, but evidently, it's more than just talent down and less players out.  There are less players out because they are very unhappy with the coaching situation.

Same reason some coaches didn't coach too

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Giles is sitting in the #2 seed. Why risk that to get blown out and beat up by Graham? Take the forfeit from Auburn. Get healthy as can be for this time of year. That "2 seed gets you two home playoff games, as long as you take care of business.

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I would hate that for the players that remain & want to play. Quitting once season starts is selfish in my opinion. You commit to the team, finish the season & don’t play next year. 

23 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

Giles is sitting in the #2 seed. Why risk that to get blown out and beat up by Graham? Take the forfeit from Auburn. Get healthy as can be for this time of year. That "2 seed gets you two home playoff games, as long as you take care of business.

Because high school football is NOT about the playoffs. It is about teaching young men lessons thru competition. The only lesson they learn here is about how grown ups manipulate the system.

15 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Because high school football is NOT about the playoffs. It is about teaching young men lessons thru competition. The only lesson they learn here is about how grown ups manipulate the system.

I see what you're saying. But absolutely no up side for Giles to take that game. Really no upside for Graham either.