Tazewell @ Marion

bulldog05-CO2017

This game may hurt Harris's chances.  Tazewell will have success early and often with the run.  This game is likely the least amount of attempts in the passing game Tazewell will have for any single game this season, because of Marion's inability to stop the run (and the pass for that matter) but the run is to easy to not call when it's working.  

20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Cassius Harris is 29 receptions away from the VHSL single-season record.  This game singularly determines whether or not he’ll have a golden opportunity to get there.  Pretty much a “win-and-in” situation for Tazewell.  

Head coach will run 30 pass plays to his side to make sure he gets it.  I said what I said

12 hours ago, fishfan said:

Head coach will run 30 pass plays to his side to make sure he gets it.  I said what I said

I didn’t know Coach Harris was the QB.  I could’ve sworn it was Carter Creasy.  I guess that also explains why Ethan Mills was the leading receiver by yardage against Bluefield.  

Clown post, bro.

28 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I didn’t know Coach Harris was the QB.  I could’ve sworn it was Carter Creasy.  I guess that also explains why Ethan Mills was the leading receiver by yardage against Bluefield.  

Clown post, bro.

bluefield took harris out of the game so they had to throw somewhere else! hmmmm novel idea

13 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

This game may hurt Harris's chances.  Tazewell will have success early and often with the run.  This game is likely the least amount of attempts in the passing game Tazewell will have for any single game this season, because of Marion's inability to stop the run (and the pass for that matter) but the run is to easy to not call when it's working.  

Could be wrong but think it will still be aired out.  More rush attempts against Bluefield than usual but if passing is your bread and butter style then bring on the air raid offense.

13 hours ago, fishfan said:

Why would you not want to get the ball into your playmakers hands every possible opportunity?  Mills, Mullins, McDonald, lot's of other great options to pass to as well.

Everybody sings such high praise of Webb, Bradshaw, Lomax, Thomas, or the kid from GC (name escapes me) and I'm not saying anything bad about them but why can't Harris get the respect for his accomplishments as well?  Doesn't matter how many yards there is, some of those receptions he has made have been spectacular and some, I don't know how in the world he held onto the ball.  If a running back can get you 4 yds every play that's wonderful.  Why can't it be the same for a receiver? 

13 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Cassius Harris is 29 receptions away from the VHSL single-season record.  This game singularly determines whether or not he’ll have a golden opportunity to get there.  Pretty much a “win-and-in” situation for Tazewell.  

Harris is a great playmaker & Creasy is good at getting the ball to his receivers & running backs. It’s nice to see a local talent possibly break VHSL records. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Clown post, bro.

ouch....mark it down, he will have it by games end. All the kids do great and play hard not to discredit them. Just saying, dad calls the plays...records to be broken...happened last year. 

4 minutes ago, fishfan said:

ouch....mark it down, he will have it by games end. All the kids do great and play hard not to discredit them. Just saying, dad calls the plays...records to be broken...happened last year. 

Three games left in regular season.  Marion, Ft Chiswell and Battle.  Plenty of opportunities to get it.  No reason record won't be broken and no reason to go for it in one game which would be ridiculous.

Side note/question, do playoff games count for stats or just regular season games? 

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Three games left in regular season.  Marion, Ft Chiswell and Battle.  Plenty of opportunities to get it.  No reason record won't be broken and no reason to go for it in one game which would be ridiculous.

Side note/question, do playoff games count for stats or just regular season games? 

Playoffs count as far as I know.

33 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

38-DD348-C-10-AE-4135-8132-87-E49-C78990

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Why would you not want to get the ball into your playmakers hands every possible opportunity?  Mills, Mullins, McDonald, lot's of other great options to pass to as well.

Everybody sings such high praise of Webb, Bradshaw, Lomax, Thomas, or the kid from GC (name escapes me) and I'm not saying anything bad about them but why can't Harris get the respect for his accomplishments as well?  Doesn't matter how many yards there is, some of those receptions he has made have been spectacular and some, I don't know how in the world he held onto the ball.  If a running back can get you 4 yds every play that's wonderful.  Why can't it be the same for a receiver? 

No matter what people are going to see this as "daddy ball". There are several in Tazewell that see it this way. It's unfortunate. I was vocal the past couple years for the lack of balls thrown to Jordan. I still don't feel he was utilized 100% but thats water under the bridge. New year, new QB, new O line, and a new RB changes things. I hope he breaks the record. Idc if 3 yard passes or 50yd passes I hope he gets it. Great kid and a great family. 

50 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

I think what a lot of people are discounting is the jet sweep/touch pass play.

Essentially its a rush play that goes down as a pass in the books. 

I would work that into the play calling if it were me...

The jet sweeps have not been counted as passes in those calculations.  It isn't as if Harris has very many of those anyway.  Last game, he had 1 carry on a jet sweep for 2 yards.  

The "almost lateral" passes aren't really a part of Tazewell's repertoire, either.  You may have 1-2 per game, and usually those don't involve Harris.  

28 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Cassius is averaging 12.5 yards per catch. 

in comparison, Tyreke Hil who is arguably the NFL’s greatest deep threat, is averaging 12.8 yards per catch this season. 

What is his average catches per game compared to the others? Just curious, considering the lack of a running game.