Tazewell @ Marion

bulldog05-CO2017

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Cassius is averaging 12.5 yards per catch. 

in comparison, Tyreke Hil who is arguably the NFL’s greatest deep threat, is averaging 12.8 yards per catch this season. 

Little bit of a misnomer. Hill hasn't quite had his normal year. Hill is 52nd in YPC. Henry Ruggs, a true speedster, is averaging over 22 YPC. Hell Kyle Pitts averages more YPC than Hill this year

Different game today.  So many teams use the pass as if it's the run.  Meaning, they feel as confident in a 5 yd pass in completion rate and getting 5 yds from that short pass as they do handing the ball off and getting five yards.  

It's not like Tazewell is trying 35 yd outs or 30 yds seem routes on a regular basis and coming up short and having to settle for the 5-7 yd pass.  They are intentionally throwing short to offset their inexperienced offensive line and using the short passing game as the run.  Can't say I blame em either. 

13 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I keep the stats for our broadcasts, so I assure you it’s as accurate as I can get it.

There's no possible way I could keep stats and do radio at the same time. I get too wrapped up the moment. If I was trying to do both there would be f bombs on the radio.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Harris may get the record, but I saw Percy Harvins name on that list. Harris is a very good played but he isn't anywhere close to Harvin. Harvin was incredible

Make the funny face all you want, you know I'm right @UVAObserver

Just like the guy who said no one could cover Bradshaw 1 on 1. The #10 prospect in VA, a 4* CB going to UNC would hold his own.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Just like the guy who said no one could cover Bradshaw 1 on 1. The #10 prospect in VA, a 4* CB going to UNC would hold his own.

I know the field conditions were not the best but Josiah Jordan covered him 1 on 1 in the spring.

19 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Like usual, you’re looking to create a conflict where none exists.  

No one ever compared him to Percy Harvin, as Percy Harvin was one of the best collegiate recruits that Virginia produced between 2005 and 2015.  Cassius, while a legitimate D1 prospect, is not in that class.  Hence, my “confused” reaction.  I’ll be sure to add more of them to your posts, since you look at them so much. 

53 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

There's no possible way I could keep stats and do radio at the same time. I get too wrapped up the moment. If I was trying to do both there would be f bombs on the radio.

It helps me be a better announcer, I believe. I have to be cognizant of the distance gained on 1st down, and it helps me set the scene for 2nd down.  As I write them down, it gives Jimi a chance to provide commentary without me butting in.  I’m sure I’m not perfect on yardage, but who passed/carried/caught, I think it’s solid.  🙂

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

2 catches, 8 yards

1 carry, 4 yards

Those were the statistics.  Josiah Jordan was way underrated…

He was very underrated. I know it happens all across the country every year. Kids get overlooked. I seen where Lomax had committed to Morehead St. I kinda thought he would have gone to a bigger program myself. Im not knocking Morehead St. Chance Harris seems to like it there and is fitting in quite nicely and being utilized. Had Chance not suffered the injury he too would have garnered more attention I think. Then again I'm not a recruiter either.

22 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Like usual, you’re looking to create a conflict where none exists.  

No one ever compared him to Percy Harvin, as Percy Harvin was one of the best collegiate recruits that Virginia produced between 2005 and 2015.  Cassius, while a legitimate D1 prospect, is not in that class.  Hence, my “confused” reaction.  I’ll be sure to add more of them to your posts, since you look at them so much. 

someone posted a list of VHSL leaders in catches and said Harris may finish near the top. My point was while Harris is a good player, he isn't in Harvins class. 

39 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I know the field conditions were not the best but Josiah Jordan covered him 1 on 1 in the spring.

There's also a S committed to Clemson that could hold his own v Bradshaw, a 4* Sherrod Covil. Side note, where is Zach Rice going? Bama or ND?

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Let's hope Bama lol. 

You and me both! We looked better v. Miss State but that A&M game was embarrassing. Dropped passes and coaching scared killed me.  Can't kick two FGs inside the five and win

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You and me both! We looked better v. Miss State but that A&M game was embarrassing. Dropped passes and coaching scared killed me.  Can't kick two FGs inside the five and win

That game was ugly. I'm trying my best to put it behind me. Much like the spring game vs Union I'm struggling with it😂 

5 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

What is his average catches per game compared to the others? Just curious, considering the lack of a running game.

Jared Mullins was averaging 7 catches a game until this past week when he was moved to RB.

Cassius, Jared, Ethan Mills & Logan McDonald all have 100+ yard receiving games this season for Tazewell. 

It’s easy to think that Cassius is getting fed the ball but the ball is spread around a lot more than it looks on the surface.

When the QB is the only player averaging more than 10 yards rushing per game that means you have to throw short routes to keep the ball moving. Cassius’ athleticism allows him to get open more often than the other receivers & he catches anything that comes near him.  In this offense he’s equivalent to a runningback that gets 5 yards per carry and never fumbles. 

4 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Little bit of a misnomer. Hill hasn't quite had his normal year. Hill is 52nd in YPC. Henry Ruggs, a true speedster, is averaging over 22 YPC. Hell Kyle Pitts averages more YPC than Hill this year

my point is that Tyreke Hill has the most receptions in the NFL this year. 

would anyone dispute that Tyreke isn’t a deep threat and just gets fed short passes? Or is his 12.8 ypc a reflection of how the defenses play him? 

9 hours ago, EH31 said:

Jared Mullins was averaging 7 catches a game until this past week when he was moved to RB.

Cassius, Jared, Ethan Mills & Logan McDonald all have 100+ yard receiving games this season for Tazewell. 

It’s easy to think that Cassius is getting fed the ball but the ball is spread around a lot more than it looks on the surface.

When the QB is the only player averaging more than 10 yards rushing per game that means you have to throw short routes to keep the ball moving. Cassius’ athleticism allows him to get open more often than the other receivers & he catches anything that comes near him.  In this offense he’s equivalent to a runningback that gets 5 yards per carry and never fumbles. 

Here we are in 2021 and some people still don't understand "Spread" offensive philosophy. 

Adding on to the post by @Mountain Football if Harris was a Tailback in the I-Formation getting 20+ carries a game no one would bat an eye. 

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

2 catches, 8 yards

1 carry, 4 yards

Those were the statistics.  Josiah Jordan was way underrated…

He was not in 1v1 most of the game either. I do think the kid is talented but that was not a fair assessment when talking about the coverage. The Tazewell secondary played well against him that game. 

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It helps me be a better announcer, I believe. I have to be cognizant of the distance gained on 1st down, and it helps me set the scene for 2nd down.  As I write them down, it gives Jimi a chance to provide commentary without me butting in.  I’m sure I’m not perfect on yardage, but who passed/carried/caught, I think it’s solid.  🙂

If there are two people in the booth stats can be done as described. The play by play man shuts up after the play and lets the color man do color. This is my biggest peeve against Graham broadcast. The color man needs to be quiet during the play. Add your thoughts after the play.

18 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

If there are two people in the booth stats can be done as described. The play by play man shuts up after the play and lets the color man do color. This is my biggest peeve against Graham broadcast. The color man needs to be quiet during the play. Add your thoughts after the play.

Yep, that’s our operation to a T.  I relay the action, but once I’ve finished saying “That’ll bring up 2nd-and-3”, it’s my job to get out of the way and let Jimi comment on the block that set the play up, etc.