New to the forum

vhs_falcon_volfan

Hey everyone. 

I am new here. I am a fan of the Volunteer High School Falcons just right next to Kingsport. I’m in my 30s but I know Volunteer played one of the schools that made Union. Powell Valley. I think it was 40 years ago? Well they kicked our asses 22-0 I think? 

I like a lot of the same pro and college teams people like. Lifelong Saints fan. I get a lot of crap from Titans and Cowboys fans. But it’s all in good fun! I love me some Vols. I love the Bravest. 

I know football at Volunteer usually makes for a rough season at Volunteer but this season has been excellent for our standards.

Went to the Union and Central game. Central side. Nice stadium. Wish the seating was better. 

Those Union fans sure get fired up and support their boys!

Thought I’d become acquainted with everyone here. 

Welcome! Hate that you had to sit with Central, you would have had more fun on the Union side... even if we did get our butts kicked. Haha

I wish there were more interstate games between Va and Tn. Enjoyed playing North, MoWest and Crockett.

8 hours ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Ha! Volunteer’s fight song is actually Rocky Top. Rocky Top on Friday and Saturday. 

Big game for Volunteer Friday. Against Cherokee. 

Ive not really kept up with NET football this season, outside of knowing Greeneville is dominant once again. 

Volunteer and Cherokee is always a big game, how's this years contest stacking up? 

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Ive not really kept up with NET football this season, outside of knowing Greeneville is dominant once again. 

Volunteer and Cherokee is always a big game, how's this years contest stacking up? 

Cherokee is struggling this season. Volunteer is currently 4-4 and I think favored to beat Cherokee. We beat Cherokee 16-0 last season. For awhile they’ve lived in our heads rent free.