Abingdon/Ridgeview

Wolf1207

What’s everyone’s thoughts? I like RV because of the home field. Defense would be my main concern. RV has had some problems getting off the field this year! I’d like to see the offense pick up the pace a little bit throughout the game!

5 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts? I like RV because of the home field. Defense would be my main concern. RV has had some problems getting off the field this year! I’d like to see the offense pick up the pace a little bit throughout the game!

I don’t even know anymore about these M7 and SWD teams. Every time I choose someone the other team wins. 

20 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I don’t even know anymore about these M7 and SWD teams. Every time I choose someone the other team wins. 

Asking for a Graham fan!

Would you PLEASE predict Pulaski County over Graham?

Thanks buddy! Counting on you! 😂

Abingdon is BIG on the LOS RV needs to get them off the field so that they cant take 10 min off the clock every time they have the football the top 4 in the M7 can beat anyone else in the district on any particular day.

This is a big game for RV playoff seating as Abingdon would net them a lot of points  

Big game and not much discussion yet.  Playoff implications and M7 championship implications. It will be interesting as two of the best passing attacks go at it.  Abingdon is very balanced while RV might be a bit more explosive.  It will be interesting to see if RV can defend the pass. Token note:  Abingdon should rezone, give 150 kids to J. Battle and Holston and be a legit 2 A school. 

6 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Big game and not much discussion yet.  Playoff implications and M7 championship implications. It will be interesting as two of the best passing attacks go at it.  Abingdon is very balanced while RV might be a bit more explosive.  It will be interesting to see if RV can defend the pass. Token note:  Abingdon should rezone, give 150 kids to J. Battle and Holston and be a legit 2 A school. 

Only Union and Graham are worthy of a popular thread!! I’m kidding everyone, don’t get emotional 😎

10 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

#7 is the explosion. If Abingdon is able to take him away it will be a long night for the Wolfpack.

#7 is a difference maker no doubt but they tend to spread the ball around quite a bit and there will be a mismatch somewhere I think it would be more accurate to say if Abingdon does not take #7 away it will be a long night for the Falcons LOL

Honestly though I think it will come down to how well RV can D up the Falcone run game. Abingdon looks pretty good up front 

2 hours ago, Counts said:

#7 is a difference maker no doubt but they tend to spread the ball around quite a bit and there will be a mismatch somewhere I think it would be more accurate to say if Abingdon does not take #7 away it will be a long night for the Falcons LOL

Honestly though I think it will come down to how well RV can D up the Falcone run game. Abingdon looks pretty good up front 

I agree.  RV has many other weapons…so many that I think they forget about #7 sometimes or use him as leverage to get others open.  Hill is good between the T’s and is a better WR than most of the other starting WRs on other teams.  I think they actually throw it to #5 more than anyone else and he can pop off for 2-3 TDs so you’d better plan for him. The QB can run the ball as good as most RBs.  And the Boggs kid looks fast and like he is starting to be featured more.  On the other hand, Abingdon has a talented QB, RB and two good WRs.  Should be a good game.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, Union_Fan said:

Abingdon has looked good and not so good at times. I thought RV looked really good against Union. 

I think I would give a slight edge to the Pack, but this is truly anyone's game.

Abingdon has been oddly up and down….hard to explain why they struggled with GC for 3 quarters ….but Jenkins will do that to you.  I would have to disagree on the RV/ Union game.  For those who follow RV, we feel that first half was the worst football they played all year and the worst overall performance…..only rivaled by the John Battle first quarter, which was definitely the worst quarter of football RV has played in a couple of years.

I had a RIDGEVEIW fan talk to me the whole game, he said he didnt know if it was the kids or coaches but they always start out slow.RV just did'nt  have the ball the 1st half at UNION and when they did, they had poor field position. I can see the game going both ways,but the WOLFPACKS D will stop the run and win by two TD's

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

I had a RIDGEVEIW fan talk to me the whole game, he said he didnt know if it was the kids or coaches but they always start out slow.RV just did'nt  have the ball the 1st half at UNION and when they did, they had poor field position. I can see the game going both ways,but the WOLFPACKS D will stop the run and win by two TD's

RV has a problem embracing what they are….a spread run/pass offense.  They still want to be a spread to run and just get in their own way.  They should be throwing it 20-25 times a game…period.  Beavers should get it 10-12 times a game…Counts should get 8-10 a game.  In no situation should the second team RB touch the ball more than #7 or #5.  Against Union they wasted three possessions trying to “establish the run”.  They should have came out firing and stressing the defense from the first play.  It feels like they just haven’t figured out how to use their weapons.  Get the ball to 7, 5 and 13 as fast and frequently as you can. 

25 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

RV has a problem embracing what they are….a spread run/pass offense.  They still want to be a spread to run and just get in their own way.  They should be throwing it 20-25 times a game…period.  Beavers should get it 10-12 times a game…Counts should get 8-10 a game.  In no situation should the second team RB touch the ball more than #7 or #5.  Against Union they wasted three possessions trying to “establish the run”.  They should have came out firing and stressing the defense from the first play.  It feels like they just haven’t figured out how to use their weapons.  Get the ball to 7, 5 and 13 as fast and frequently as you can. 

Play calling has definitely been suspect. It would be nice to see some variations in Ridgeview's formations as well. 

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

I agree, hell if you ask me it should be 30-35 times per game with those weapons. Or at least that many called passes and let the QB take off if nothing's there.

19 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

hard to explain why they struggled with GC for 3 quarters 

Didnt Abingdon play 2 games in a short period, with GC being the last game? Maybe Thursday then Tuesday?   and like you said, Jenkins    

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Didnt Abingdon play 2 games in a short period, with GC being the last game? Maybe Thursday then Tuesday?   and like you said, Jenkins    

Yes they played Friday and Tuesday and have had 10 days to get ready for this game