Mountain 7 QBs

VFL

O’Quinn is already a more “advanced” QB than any other in the conference.  If he adds 10-15 yards to his long ball he will pick from several college offers.  Plus he has a whole other year with his WR crew at RV. Records have already been broken and more will be broken over the next several years.

1 minute ago, SwvaOG said:

O’Quinn is already a more “advanced” QB than any other in the conference.  If he adds 10-15 yards to his long ball he will pick from several college offers.  Plus he has a whole other year with his WR crew at RV. Records have already been broken and more will be broken over the next several years.

I totally agree with this. Ridgeview has the best receivers in the district in my opinion and they are all coming back. The O'Quinn kid is going to be something really special  

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

It’s kinda sus, not gonna lie 

I totally agree with that but this is my only account. I just wanted opinions on the qb's in the mountain 7

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think people overlook Bunch but his improvement as a passer is very noticeable and he's a dangerous runner. The kid at RV is special, but there's a couple very good QBs in the conference.

Bunch for my vote.  Next year, the kid from RV would be my pick for the 1 spot.  But, no replacement for a senior like Bunch who is as cool as the other side of the pillow (RIP S. Scott).  Bunch can throw it, knows when not to throw it, can tuck it and run and absolutely truck you when he runs.  He can make the first linebacker often miss.  Bunch so often, rises to the occasion, as much or more than Lomax, when the opponent is about to steal the mo, or even when the opponent has stolen the mo, he immediately takes it back.  He did it in the Graham game about 4 times.  Graham scores the first play with Bradshaw, and Union has a 3rd and 19 DEEP in their own territory, I think from about the 15, and if Union has to punt, Graham very quickly has the ability to go up 14 and with that kind of mo, possibly not have the nailbiter finish.  Bunch broke for about 55 yds to the Graham 35ish.  Bunch has done this all year.  

No offense to Graham fans.  I know the G-Men are fantastic and rolling, and I don't want to hijack the thread as it's about QB's.  Bunch is the reason I still pick Union to somehow, someway, win Region D and play in the state semifinals against Appo.  Bunch is a WINNER.  Some kids have that quality and some don't.  Some are great players and not losers, but not the kind that will beat you in the final seconds.  Bunch is that kind of kid.  I watched him on the basketball floor.  

1. The Bunch kid has the size and strength and can throw the ball great across the middle. His coaches could help him out by matching the play calling to his strengths. I think his weakness is deep sideline routes.

2.  The Church kid is fast, makes good decisions. I think his coaches understand his abilities and match the play calling to his strength. I think his weakness is physical strength and ability to break tackles.

3. The O'Quinn kid has a great arm. I think his receivers make him look good. His coaches could help him by matching the play call to his strength, quick slant and screens early to open the field. I think his weakness is being young and the bad decisions under pressure.   

1 hour ago, foosballer said:

1. The Bunch kid has the size and strength and can throw the ball great across the middle. His coaches could help him out by matching the play calling to his strengths. I think his weakness is deep sideline routes.

2.  The Church kid is fast, makes good decisions. I think his coaches understand his abilities and match the play calling to his strength. I think his weakness is physical strength and ability to break tackles.

3. The O'Quinn kid has a great arm. I think his receivers make him look good. His coaches could help him by matching the play call to his strength, quick slant and screens early to open the field. I think his weakness is being young and the bad decisions under pressure.   

Bunch has gotten much much better on deep sideline routes as season has progressed

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Bunch has gotten much much better on deep sideline routes as season has progressed

Union, in my opinion, needs better pass route selection on first downs.  Jenkins is explosive, get him some tunnels/bubbles/hitches, etc on some of those first downs.  I know Union loves the run and it's their MO, but Bunch is very accurate with those short throws and a short throw like that is conservative and safe, and it could offset nearly every defense in the United States that plays Union knowing the first play is not going in the air, so they stack the box on those first downs.  Stuff like that, in my opinion only, could really help Union in games where the teams are so very close like Central, Abingdon, RV, Graham, etc.  Just do something occasionally in the early downs to force the defense to stretch the box.  In the Central Game, they went ALL out on first down, literally sold out the water-boy and the Head Cheerleader.  They loaded both of them in the box on first downs begging Union to run, and Union often found themselves in 2nd and long, and when it's second and long, you only need to guess right 1 out of 2 times on 2nd and 3rd and you often get a stop.