Week 9 Updates

SWVAgridiron

18 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Graham 58 

Pulaski County 18

Final

The score doesn’t reflect Graham’s performance. It was not our A game. We played decent but not our best. Congratulations to coaches & players though, a win is a win. Good luck to Pulaski the rest of the way. 

Final, Radford 42, Floyd County 7.  The Bobcats are quietly 6-2 and look a lot better since the CBurg blowout loss.  They finish up with Glenvar and James River.  Guys, call me a second favorite school-homer, but I think they are going to beat Glenvar if the team plays to its potential.  The last 2 weeks, they have played to the talent level and it's shown.  It also helps that they've had fairly weak opponents, but even so,they've looked and played much better.  

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Apparently, so many people complained, the engineer didn't bring it. Was definitely different without it!

Sad, sad that it's gone.  You need to bring it back, but educate the user on the approximate 3 minutes out of a 2 hour contest when not to blow it, and when to blow it during the other 157 minutes.  As for Bradshaw and Graham's pass defense, I listened to this game and the Graham announcers had concerns.  I have the same as it relates to Graham's deep ball pass defense.  Union had guys open many times as did Virginia High on long balls.  Graham seemed fine in the short and intermediate pass defense, but the QB's for Union and Va High had so little time that the pass wasn't accurate.  Against a team like Appo, if both make it that far, their line will be able to give the QB more time to throw it, and Graham better shore up their deep-pass/long ball defensive coverage.  

28 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Sad, sad that it's gone.  You need to bring it back, but educate the user on the approximate 3 minutes out of a 2 hour contest when not to blow it, and when to blow it during the other 157 minutes.  As for Bradshaw and Graham's pass defense, I listened to this game and the Graham announcers had concerns.  I have the same as it relates to Graham's deep ball pass defense.  Union had guys open many times as did Virginia High on long balls.  Graham seemed fine in the short and intermediate pass defense, but the QB's for Union and Va High had so little time that the pass wasn't accurate.  Against a team like Appo, if both make it that far, their line will be able to give the QB more time to throw it, and Graham better shore up their deep-pass/long ball defensive coverage.  

Unfortunately, it's not up to me, but I hope it comes back.

41 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Did I miss something? No train horn at all? 

Was told so many people from Ridgeview complained to vhsl that it was banned.  Complaint was that the horn cost them the game.  Not sure if all is true but for sure know about the complaint from Ridgeview and claiming it cost them the game 😂