Week 9 Updates

SWVAgridiron

20 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Here you are for those who just can’t figure out the damn horn.  You were illegal and your arrogant butts bragged about it. You absolutely blew it all the way through the snap count in the first half on basically every series. RV burned two timeouts and have two bad snaps during that period.  That was the only result of the horn…did it affect those series…looks like it did.  Stay within the rules…it isn’t hard.  When you violate the rules….don’t be upset when someone calls you on it.  RV happened to be the school that did what all the others just bitched about.  No one on this board said the horn cost them the game.  Follow the dang rules and we don’t have to discuss this anymore.

Rant over.

128AE704-0D3D-4916-8338-047701E5D4D7.jpeg

Someone on this board blamed the horn and the Pa announcer and yes it was wrong to blow it at the los.

Why did Ridgeview buy a speaker system that can be heard in multiple ridges in the area. Am I there only one who thought that new system was loud as hell. I've been to professional stadiums where the system isn't that close in decibles!

I spoke to the AD at Richlands last night, it’s the same everywhere, kids don’t want to play for whatever reason. Call it what you want but I call it lazy, too sorry to sit down if their tails were on fire. More talented kids  walking the hallway than playing

7 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Why did Ridgeview buy a speaker system that can be heard in multiple ridges in the area. Am I there only one who thought that new system was loud as hell. I've been to professional stadiums where the system isn't that close in decibles!

No kidding.  Sounds good during tailgating.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Worst Richlands team of my lifetime. 

I can’t figure them out…is it just too much change in a short period?  The Mance to Wells transition blew up.  They have some talent and should be performing better.

3 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

No kidding.  Sounds good during tailgating.

I can’t figure them out…is it just too much change in a short period?  The Mance to Wells transition blew up.  They have some talent and should be performing better.

Their issues stem from a few different things. 1. The talent just isn't there compared to years past. 2. Their feeder program has taken a hit, in large part to declining number of kids. 3. Whether people like it or the QB is not a QB. 4. When you lose a coach the caliber of Mance it allows doubt to creep in. Parents of kids start doubting whether one kid should be playing this position or that position. Therefore effort starts to decline on the field and weight room. 

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Someone on this board blamed the horn and the Pa announcer and yes it was wrong to blow it at the los.

I don’t know about blowing train horns but when we thrashed Clintwood in 07 there was some whining going on.

A PA announcer costing RV the game? You can’t make this up. 😂 

This may be a dumb question but is the old LPD still around? 

14 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

I don’t know about blowing train horns but when we thrashed Clintwood in 07 there was some whining going on.

The LPD no longer exists. 

IMO it was the SEC of VHSL 1A back in the day.

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Their issues stem from a few different things. 1. The talent just isn't there compared to years past. 2. Their feeder program has taken a hit, in large part to declining number of kids. 3. Whether people like it or the QB is not a QB. 4. When you lose a coach the caliber of Mance it allows doubt to creep in. Parents of kids start doubting whether one kid should be playing this position or that position. Therefore effort starts to decline on the field and weight room. 

I've thought about this and I am curious about points 1 and 2. The numbers decline is undeniable, but for those involved, how evident and reliable is talent at the feeder levels? During my experience, the stars were noticeable, but everyone else seemed to be who had an advantageous birthday or early growth spurt. I'm sure the more playing and more fundamentals taught the better, but was more focused on talent evaluation. Do other sports translate to football? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

It's just human nature to blame someone or something when things don't go your way.  We all do it but the PA excuse was a new one on me

1 hour ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Does the PA guy at Union talk too much?

No and you can barely hear him but after Union Ridgeview game the horn the band and the PA guy was blamed buy a couple of fans for the loss 

Just be being able to listen through the NFHS feed and hearing Union's Stadium Announcer, he sounds like he's the type of dude that exerts so little energy that he wouldn't have the energy to pi%% on you, if you were on fire and no water was around.   He's an energy low output guy, but nothing compares to whoever is running the NFHS camera down at Virginia High.  For the love of God, how can somebody not have the decency or energy to gently lift hand up to camera, apply gentle pressure, and aim towards the goal line when the ball is within the 20's?   With 100 yds of field, and 40 total yards from both of the 20's to the endzone, you basically miss 40 percent of all Virginia High games when playing at home on NFHS, (even when they are on NFHS).  

6 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

If it can't be heard on Rakes, Caney, and Sandy is it really even worth having?

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Just be being able to listen through the NFHS feed and hearing Union's Stadium Announcer, he sounds like he's the type of dude that exerts so little energy that he wouldn't have the energy to pi%% on you, if you were on fire and no water was around.   He's an energy low output guy, but nothing compares to whoever is running the NFHS camera down at Virginia High.  For the love of God, how can somebody not have the decency or energy to gently lift hand up to camera, apply gentle pressure, and aim towards the goal line when the ball is within the 20's?   With 100 yds of field, and 40 total yards from both of the 20's to the endzone, you basically miss 40 percent of all Virginia High games when playing at home on NFHS, (even when they are on NFHS).  

Don't think anyone is running camera someone said it's supposed to follow the ball but it usually misses a big play

3 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

NFHS cameras are not manned by anyone, they’re all Automated 

On 10/24/2021 at 12:51 AM, EH31 said:

NFHS cameras are not manned by anyone, they’re all Automated 

With that being the case, they have a faulty one at Virginia High because their camera never moves, and I mean, never moves an inch.  Unable to see the game inside the 20 yd lines.