Week 9 Updates

SWVAgridiron

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That’s the ball game!! Spartans find a way to win again! 21-14 over a solid James River team!

Congrats to the Spartans! Always have had a hell of a lot of respect for that school and program. Great Win!

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Was told so many people from Ridgeview complained to vhsl that it was banned.  Complaint was that the horn cost them the game.  Not sure if all is true but for sure know about the complaint from Ridgeview and claiming it cost them the game 😂

Also Union PA announcer should be worried about his job also 😂

What was the score of Union and Ridgeview?

Ridgeview? That’s in Clintwood isn’t it? We played Clintwood in 2007. Beat ‘em good too. That was our last playoff season too!

How could a train horn cost Ridgeview the game? I went to the Union and Wise Central game last week. It may be because I sat on the Wise Central side but the Union train horn definitely didn’t help Union gain an unfair advantage. Hell Union didn’t have any advantage after what I saw. Has Union had that thing awhile? 

Gate City had a fairly loud horn. Maybe they still do? 

I just don’t see what the fuss is about. 

On another note it was nice to see a Pal’s not far from Wise County Central High School!

Very impressed with the toughness of Giles again tonight ..after the first drive our defense played awfully well...our 2 main senior leaders were once again brilliant tonight in their play and also their leadership...we aren't a great team by a long shot but we have played well so far this year and both losses were to teams just better than us

Great job Spartans!!!

36 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Was told so many people from Ridgeview complained to vhsl that it was banned.  Complaint was that the horn cost them the game.  Not sure if all is true but for sure know about the complaint from Ridgeview and claiming it cost them the game 😂

It didn’t cost RV the game no matter what some of our fans/ Madden experts think.  I was listening to some people here tonight yelling at the refs looking for an excuse. There was none. Abingdon is just that damn good!

22 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Ridgeview? That’s in Clintwood isn’t it? We played Clintwood in 2007. Beat ‘em good too. That was our last playoff season too!

How could a train horn cost Ridgeview the game? I went to the Union and Wise Central game last week. It may be because I sat on the Wise Central side but the Union train horn definitely didn’t help Union gain an unfair advantage. Hell Union didn’t have any advantage after what I saw. Has Union had that thing awhile? 

On another note it was nice to see a Pal’s not far from Wise County Central High School!

28-21 Union/Ridgeview 

The horn didn’t cost them the game & the only problem or “fuss” with the horn was the operator’s tendency to blow it during the opposing team’s snap count/cadence. It probably wouldn’t have ever been an issue if it hadn’t been blown incessantly during those few seconds. They’ve had the horn for quite awhile. 

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I noticed Clements on the sideline injured during the game   Anybody know the extent of his injury?

No clue but he took a pounding tonight. I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him. Hope nothing serious if he did get injured. He’ll definitely be sore tomorrow regardless. He’s something else. Everybody talks about Bradshaw but Clements is very talented & doesn’t seem lazy at all. I can’t wait to see how he improves the next two years. He’s fun to watch too. 

30 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Just an excuse everyone has one.  Union was beating TW earlier in the year 40-6 at half and you could hear a fan screaming that the refs were costing them the game for not calling holds on EVERY play

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Just an excuse everyone has one.  Union was beating TW earlier in the year 40-6 at half and you could hear a fan screaming that the refs were costing them the game for not calling holds on EVERY play

That was confirmed to be Ruby gal....dook's main squeeze

4 hours ago, Topper22 said:

Pulaski a 4A school getting thrashed by a 2A Graham.  Is Dixons job in jeopardy???  Hearing rumblings out of the NRV

If the kids, parents, administration and community don’t buy into the system, it doesn’t matter who the coach is. They won’t be successful. 

6 hours ago, Topper22 said:

Pulaski a 4A school getting thrashed by a 2A Graham.  Is Dixons job in jeopardy???  Hearing rumblings out of the NRV

The people in Pulaski need to look at what Dixon has had to work with this year, from my understanding he lost a lot to graduation and has a fairly young team with several injuries. I don't think he had an over abundance of talent to work with this year. Give him some talent and time and see what he can produce  and if and if results aren't there then look for his replacement.  If everyone buys in and works hard he will have a winning program.

7 hours ago, Topper22 said:

Those that are making rumblings need to go lay down. Dixon has forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. Those kids need to stop listening to everything mommy and daddy say and listen to the coach. 

11 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

👁👄👁  <— Appomattox fans when they find out Ridgeview was able to get a train horn banned 

That is sad the train horn could not be used properly, had to happen sooner or later.

11 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

No clue but he took a pounding tonight. I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him. Hope nothing serious if he did get injured. He’ll definitely be sore tomorrow regardless. He’s something else. Everybody talks about Bradshaw but Clements is very talented & doesn’t seem lazy at all. I can’t wait to see how he improves the next two years. He’s fun to watch too. 

I agree.  He plays hard every play and has speed to burn.

Here you are for those who just can’t figure out the damn horn.  You were illegal and your arrogant butts bragged about it. You absolutely blew it all the way through the snap count in the first half on basically every series. RV burned two timeouts and have two bad snaps during that period.  That was the only result of the horn…did it affect those series…looks like it did.  Stay within the rules…it isn’t hard.  When you violate the rules….don’t be upset when someone calls you on it.  RV happened to be the school that did what all the others just bitched about.  No one on this board said the horn cost them the game.  Follow the dang rules and we don’t have to discuss this anymore.

Rant over.