Preseason Region D

Tigerman10

Just to revisit this:

Honaker has been decimated by injures so they are pretty much out-may win the BDD and then lose to Cumberland 3. Twin Springs looks good as does Eastside and Rye Cove. Can’t get a good feel for Lebanon until after the Wise tourney. Chilhowie/Holston not what I expected either. 

In 2D I would say Union still head and shoulders above everyone. Graham and RV above GC right now and Va High/Marion probably next in line. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since it’s now later in the season I’d say twin spring basically has 1d in the bag and everyone else is just going to be fighting for second. With that being said it will still be very interesting to see who gets second. It could be Lebanon,Honaker, RC, Holston, Eastside. as they are very similar in skill. Going to be fun to see what happens

45 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Since it’s now later in the season I’d say twin spring basically has 1d in the bag and everyone else is just going to be fighting for second. With that being said it will still be very interesting to see who gets second. It could be Lebanon,Honaker, RC, Holston, Eastside. as they are very similar in skill. Going to be fun to see what happens

burton beat ryecove in ot 48-46 tonight. is burton a contender?

20 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

While beating TWHS in overtime the friday before. The cumberland is yet to be determined outside of maybe Twin springs being the 1

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

I saw that. Believe RC went like scoreless in the second quarter or something crazy, I think RC wins over half the time they play theoretically but on any given night, RC is beatable if they are having off night and the other team plays very well. They're prob second or third best at worst in 1D on paper but the gap isn't that big. 

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I saw that. Believe RC went like scoreless in the second quarter or something crazy, I think RC wins over half the time they play theoretically but on any given night, RC is beatable if they are having off night and the other team plays very well. They're prob second or third best at worst in 1D on paper but the gap isn't that big. 

RC depends so much on Chavez for scoring that they can be beaten if someone can defend him or he has an off night. A very short handed Honaker team beat them at Wise by holding him to 17 

This has also been bothering for a while. Has anyone else noticed how refs have no clue how to control the game??? There’s already been two fights in games this season and we aren’t even half way through it. Tell me how refs can just watch elbows fly and not call anything? Absolute insanity

4 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

RC depends so much on Chavez for scoring that they can be beaten if someone can defend him or he has an off night. A very short handed Honaker team beat them at Wise by holding him to 17 

Very true. Seems they are really lacking a secondary scorer and teams are throwing the kitchen sink at Chavez. If you keep him under 30, you can get RC.

3 hours ago, Stelley said:

Burton also beat richlands at wise by a very wide margin and richlands beat Honaker but I think with the win over rc that they’ve still only won about 4 games

Style matters-especially in single A. Twin Springs has two studs so they are less susceptible but a pressing team can beat a halfcourt team on any given night and vice versa.

Richlands got Honaker into an up and down game. Burton slowed Richlands down etc. 

Lebanon probably has the best chance at beating TS. Their ability to press and ability to put hands in guys faces is just absolutely absurd. If Keene and lambert both have nuclear nights they have a decent chance at beating them.

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Lebanon probably has the best chance at beating TS. Their ability to press and ability to put hands in guys faces is just absolutely absurd. If Keene and lambert both have nuclear nights they have a decent chance at beating them.

They have a couple of kids who can hit the three consistently as well.  That helps.  Watched Chilhowie a couple of weeks ago and they had two good snipers as well.  That can affect a games outcome and lead to an upset on any given night.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe TS isn’t a guarantee for 1st? They just barely outlasted eastside 51-50 last night. I’d say honaker, holston and rye cove are basically out of the race for it but maybe if eastside/Lebanon/Northwood have stellar nights maybe they can beat TS?

6 hours ago, Stelley said:

Maybe TS isn’t a guarantee for 1st? They just barely outlasted eastside 51-50 last night. I’d say honaker, holston and rye cove are basically out of the race for it but maybe if eastside/Lebanon/Northwood have stellar nights maybe they can beat TS?

Well anyone can get beat if the other team has a stellar night.  TS is probably the more battle tested of all the teams you mentioned.  A pretty strong performance in the arby's classic, beat honaker twice this year.  I watched the game on nhfs. Ts did not play a very good game and the refs let the fouls get out of hand. I don't think they will have many nights like that.  

2 hours ago, Tnvols said:

Well anyone can get beat if the other team has a stellar night.  TS is probably the more battle tested of all the teams you mentioned.  A pretty strong performance in the arby's classic, beat honaker twice this year.  I watched the game on nhfs. Ts did not play a very good game and the refs let the fouls get out of hand. I don't think they will have many nights like that.  

Eastside should have won this game-they panicked a little at the end and studs do what studs do making tough shots.  

What Twin Springs did in the Arby’s is pretty meaningless-no one scouted them or gameplanned or anything. In those kinds of games their two studs will carry them to competitive scores. 

18 hours ago, Tnvols said:

I’d say in most games that the refs always let the fouls get out of hand. Ts should win the region but if their two guys have a bad night then they might as well pack up and go home. 

7 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Playing at Brushfork Armory on Monday, at Hurricane House on February 4th.

Honaker beats Marion and Rye Cove(while shorthanded) and gets boat raced by Twin Springs and Lebanon.  

Rye Cove barely beats Tom Walker gets beat by Norton then turns around and drills Eastside and Twin Springs 

Single A tourney is going to be wild 

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Honaker beats Marion and Rye Cove(while shorthanded) and gets boat raced by Twin Springs and Lebanon.  

Rye Cove barely beats Tom Walker gets beat by Norton then turns around and drills Eastside and Twin Springs 

Single A tourney is going to be wild 

100% agree

7 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Zac Campbell looks to be back to his old ways after returning from injury late last season.  Scored 30 last night at Elizabethton as Burton almost beats the Cyclones.

At this point I would favor Burton in the district. Campbell back scoring and honestly think they are better coached than the other contenders outside of Damron at Eastside.