Virginia Governor Election 2021

Graham32

43 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It would be nice to annex a few of those counties to DC. 

And the dominos would begin to fall that would guarantee Democratic control of the House and Senate for decades to come. Annexing more of that part of Virginia into DC opens the door further for DC statehood, thus giving the Democrats two additional Senate seats, which puts Puerto Rican statehood into play, thus giving the Democrats two additional Senate seats.

Hey, listen, I'm all for it. I just don't think you have thought this through very well.  

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

And the dominos would begin to fall that would guarantee Democratic control of the House and Senate for decades to come. Annexing more of that part of Virginia into DC opens the door further for DC statehood, thus giving the Democrats two additional Senate seats, which puts Puerto Rican statehood into play, thus giving the Democrats two additional Senate seats.

Hey, listen, I'm all for it. I just don't think you have thought this through very well.  

It was more of a joke than a serious consideration but that’s hard to decode sometimes on a message board the true meaning of a post. I should have added an Lol to help distinguish.  

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

NOVA will probably screw the rest of the state over as usual. It would be nice to annex a few of those counties to DC. 

Now polls don't really mean anything but Youngkin seems to have some momentum going right now. This election could set the stage for 2022 for Republicans. 

37 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Now polls don't really mean anything but Youngkin seems to have some momentum going right now. This election could set the stage for 2022 for Republicans. 

He’s down to a 1.9% deficit now.  That’s well within the margin of error.  More importantly, McAuliffe isn’t polling above 50% in a race that doesn’t have a viable 3rd-party candidate to siphon away votes.  It’s going to be tight.  I still think McAuliffe will actually prove victorious, but if you’re a resident of Tazewell, Buchanan, Dickenson, or Russell Counties, that’s not such a horrible thing for reasons I can’t explain here.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

He’s down to a 1.9% deficit now.  That’s well within the margin of error.  More importantly, McAuliffe isn’t polling above 50% in a race that doesn’t have a viable 3rd-party candidate to siphon away votes.  It’s going to be tight.  I still think McAuliffe will actually prove victorious, but if you’re a resident of Tazewell, Buchanan, Dickenson, or Russell Counties, that’s not such a horrible thing for reasons I can’t explain here.

Race is going to come down to Independents. Which Youngkin seems to be winning right now. Turnout is a big key as well. Lower turnout in NOVA is better for Youngkin.