Bluefield at Ridgeview

Beavers Rule

35 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I don't think it would be a blowout either, but keep in mind, Graham has also really hit the gas in improvement, perhaps second only to the Beavers in improvement. Central is also up there, but Graham also had some super talented, but inexperienced lineman to start the season, and their line has really taken off. A nasty line that doesn't look the same and I'm now to the point that if Graham and Union play again, I'm not sold Union is rushing it for over 150 yards. Union is going to be greatly surprised, if the two play again, in Grahams line. It's not going to be the same bunch they remembered from early in the year.

Why does everyone always say Union won't be able to run on Graham and then they go and run for 300 yards.  I agree graham is the better team but you honestly think Lomax and Satterfield and Bunch can't get 150 yards

15 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Why does everyone always say Union won't be able to run on Graham and then they go and run for 300 yards.  I agree graham is the better team but you honestly think Lomax and Satterfield and Bunch can't get 150 yards

Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

21 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I’d never bet against Lomax. He’s a beast & gives 110% every play. 

23 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Well....I didn't.  I said Union would run all over Graham and they did.  I'm also saying that in round two, I think Union has some success with a run, but in the 150 yard variety, not the 300 yds variety.  Why?  Well, I explained that in the previous post on Graham's line.  I wouldn't bet against Lomax either.  I think he gets over 100 in round two, but again, not a 300 yd rushing game for Union.  I would bet the house on that one.

8 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

To easy and to little effort and offers nothing.  That post could be inserted at any place, at any time, and any point in history on 99.9 percent of message boards.  Come up with something a bit more useful than what everyone already knows.

1 minute ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

To easy and to little effort and offers nothing.  That post could be inserted at any place, at any time, and any point in history on 99.9 percent of message boards.  Come up with something a bit more useful than what everyone already knows.

feel free to copy and paste anytime you like than.

33 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Well....I didn't.  I said Union would run all over Graham and they did.  I'm also saying that in round two, I think Union has some success with a run, but in the 150 yard variety, not the 300 yds variety.  Why?  Well, I explained that in the previous post on Graham's line.  I wouldn't bet against Lomax either.  I think he gets over 100 in round two, but again, not a 300 yd rushing game for Union.  I would bet the house on that one.

GRAHAMS line wasnt the problem,it was the d-backs that failed to support the line,they did not want anything to do with UNIONS running game,except BRADSHAW.UNION and GRAHAM seeing each other is a long shot, because CENTRAL can beat anyone they play ,so if it works out the way I think the GMEN will face CENTRAL before UNION,

I'm interested in a Central and Va High matchup in week 1.  In order for that to happen, Central would have to be the 3 seed and they would come to Va High.  Central has the wicked power and strength up front with great discipline, and Va High has tons of speed to burn and loves the big play.  I think that could be one heck of a game.  Va High loves to spread teams out and get their speed in one one one situations and they do a great job at it, and Central with that run game will pound it.  I think the best game in Class 2, Region D, for Week One of the playoffs will be whoever Va High (the SWD 2 seed) plays.  It would appear barring a miracle, Tazewell, Gate City, and Richlands likely lose in round one, but it's the VH game that I will tune it to watch if on NFHS.  And, with the way those points are so close down there in the M7, I have no clue if it's Union, Central, or Ridgeview.  

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Maybe not 300 but they'll get 150.  Hell they probably had 500 last game counting the yards called back so it'd be hard to not get 150.  And you did kinda hint they're not getting 150 in your little way 

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Maybe not 300 but they'll get 150.  Hell they probably had 500 last game counting the yards called back so it'd be hard to not get 150.  And you did kinda hint they're not getting 150 in your little way 

I got Union winning the Region, still do.  Always have.  No change there for me.  I think the Bears will win the Region based on what's different for them this year, and that's the QB.  I think he throws for more yards than most think and it will be the difference.  Whether Union gets 149.999 yds or 151.127 yds, my point is, they aren't getting close to 300 on the ground against Graham in game 2.  They get in the vicinity of 150, whether that's 130 or 170, and Lomax goes over 100.  But, the intermediate passing game is where they will come up big.  Only one guys opinion.

1 minute ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I got Union winning the Region, still do.  Always have.  No change there for me.  I think the Bears will win the Region based on what's different for them this year, and that's the QB.  I think he throws for more yards than most think and it will be the difference.  Whether Union gets 149.999 yds or 151.127 yds, my point is, they aren't getting close to 300 on the ground against Graham in game 2.  They get in the vicinity of 150, whether that's 130 or 170, and Lomax goes over 100.  But, the intermediate passing game is where they will come up big.  Only one guys opinion.

Hope you're right but I see Graham or Central winning region

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d never bet against Lomax. He’s a beast & gives 110% every play. 

That matchup may never happen again this season.  I do think Graham's defense has improved a bunch.  I stated earlier in the year that Graham's defense had the "potential" to be nasty.  The new faces were athletic, but needed to learn their roles and get better at tackling.  I think that is happening for them now.  Also, I believe Bradshaw takes a bigger role in the playoffs.  He has been used sparingly all season.  He is Graham's ace in the hole.

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Hope you're right but I see Graham or Central winning region

I am thinking Graham and Central in the regional final (if it works out that way, if they don't meet before).  Union is the spoiler, however for me.  They always give Graham fits.  I'm thinking Graham's defense has improved throughout the season, similar to 2018 and 2019.  D. Palmer usually has them clicking by the end of the season.  He is truly a defensive Guru.  For most teams, the defense is ahead of the offense early on, for Graham, it has been the opposite the past 3 or 4 seasons.  Also, Palmer is great at making defensive adjustments, he will have Graham ready, if they meet Union again.  Union executes so well so, even more so it seems, when they play Graham (except for that 2019 game at Union).  Also, late in the season is when you find out who wants it more and talent usually wins out. (IF both teams want it).

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I am thinking Graham and Central in the regional final (if it works out that way, if they don't meet before).  Union is the spoiler, however for me.  They always give Graham fits.  I'm thinking Graham's defense has improved throughout the season, similar to 2018 and 2019.  D. Palmer usually has them clicking by the end of the season.  He is truly a defensive Guru.

If unions defense wakes up they could play the spoiler role but I'd be shocked if we don't see a Central Graham matchup at some point.  And I think Central actually could beat them just because it's hard to get their offense off the field

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I am thinking Graham and Central in the regional final (if it works out that way, if they don't meet before).  Union is the spoiler, however for me.  They always give Graham fits.  I'm thinking Graham's defense has improved throughout the season, similar to 2018 and 2019.  D. Palmer usually has them clicking by the end of the season.  He is truly a defensive Guru.

Anyway Palmer could give Union D coordinator any tips on where to line up a player in the right spot

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

If unions defense wakes up they could play the spoiler role but I'd be shocked if we don't see a Central Graham matchup at some point.  And I think Central actually could beat them just because it's hard to get their offense off the field

I agree.  Central can run out the clock on a team and control possession.

Wow!  Would love to go see the Beavers and Wolfpack play, but can't get there.  I see where its on NFHS, so I'm definitely turning in.. Lots of talk about Beavers team speed and that it is, but Beavers (the other Beavers-Ridgeview's Beavers) has some serious jets of his own.