Bluefield at Ridgeview

Beavers Rule

17 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Lee is automatically eliminated from the playoffs before going into this weekend IF the M7 is going by the rules that they have discussed on here.  Meaning, if it goes first by district record, THEN by powerpoints, ok, there's a 3 way tie in the M7 and those 3 teams are decided for their order by powerpoints, but for the 4th spot, Gate City has a better district record than Lee High REGARDLESS of whether Lee has or finishes with a higher power ranking.  Even if Lee were to somehow beat Abingdon this weekend, this would mean that Lee and Gate City would finish with the same district record, and the Head to Head goes to GC who beat Lee.  And of course, if Lee loses to Abingdon, Gate City has the better district record by one game over Lee because they beat Lee, so technically, if both districts are going by the same rules that people referred to, Lee is already eliminated, EVEN if they beat Abingdon, and Gate City is in the playoffs.  Gate City can lose to RV and Lee can beat Abingdon and Lee would be well ahead in power ratings, but it won't matter.  GC and Lee would then tie for the same district record and GC won the Head to Head.

Lee beating Abingdon would be bigger than the "Miracle on Ice!" 

On 10/29/2021 at 2:03 PM, UVAObserver said:

This game is the singularly most important game of the season remaining for determining the Region 2D playoff picture.

The SWD's cake is pretty much baked.  (1) Graham, (2) VHS, (3) Richlands, (4) Tazewell.  The only drama is if the Tazewell/Fort or Tazewell/JSB game get cancelled.  The first is obviously happening, and the second is currently full steam ahead.  If either were cancelled, it would boost Tazewell's Power Points UP, regardless of winning (both are winless, which is just a flat 18 points for both games).  A 4-5 Tazewell could feasibly pass a 3-6 Richlands in that scenario, while a 5-5 Tazewell could not.  That's the VHSL for you.

The M7 though...hold on tight.  Should Ridgeview beat Bluefield, and should all other games "go as they're supposed to", Ridgeview would be 1st from the M7 (23.0).  Should Ridgeview lose to Bluefield, Ridgeview would be 3rd from the M7 (21.5).  That's because Union and Central would be locked dead even at 7-3 (4-2) with Power Points at a 22.3 average.  Ridgeview would be 7-3 (4-2) also, but their Power Points lock them into 1st or 3rd, but never 2nd.  Presumably, Central would take the 1st seed due to the H2H over Union, but I'm clueless how the M7 would break that tie.  Long story short:

Ridgeview win: 

(1) Ridgeview

(2) Central

(3) Union

Bluefield win:

(1) Central

(2) Union

(3) Ridgeview

Virginia Preps is showing Union with 222 right now to Centrals 210.  If this is correct, then Central can't close the gap in the last week.  Even if every game broke Central's way.  Assuming both win of course, which they are both heavy favorites.  So, from what I'm reading, assuming Union and Central Win, Union is the 1 seed and Central the 2.

24 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Virginia Preps is showing Union with 222 right now to Centrals 210.  If this is correct, then Central can't close the gap in the last week.  Even if every game broke Central's way.  Assuming both win of course, which they are both heavy favorites.  So, from what I'm reading, assuming Union and Central Win, Union is the 1 seed and Central the 2.

Whats the 1C looking like?

Going to likely be

1. Galax, 2 Giles, 3, P. McCluer 4 Wytheville, 5 Covington, 6 East Montgomery, 7 Narrows, 8 Grayson County

This is how I have it finishing out if games like Craig County and East Montgomery play out this coming weekend. 

I think our first game of the playoffs is hosting the team right down the road.

46 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Going to likely be

1. Galax, 2 Giles, 3, P. McCluer 4 Wytheville, 5 Covington, 6 East Montgomery, 7 Narrows, 8 Grayson County

This is how I have it finishing out if games like Craig County and East Montgomery play out this coming weekend. 

I think our first game of the playoffs is hosting the team right down the road.

I hope it finishes like that. History will be made in Giles County. 

12 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I think that's his rating, not the actual powerpoint total.

12 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Lee is automatically eliminated from the playoffs before going into this weekend IF the M7 is going by the rules that they have discussed on here.  Meaning, if it goes first by district record, THEN by powerpoints, ok, there's a 3 way tie in the M7 and those 3 teams are decided for their order by powerpoints, but for the 4th spot, Gate City has a better district record than Lee High REGARDLESS of whether Lee has or finishes with a higher power ranking.  Even if Lee were to somehow beat Abingdon this weekend, this would mean that Lee and Gate City would finish with the same district record, and the Head to Head goes to GC who beat Lee.  And of course, if Lee loses to Abingdon, Gate City has the better district record by one game over Lee because they beat Lee, so technically, if both districts are going by the same rules that people referred to, Lee is already eliminated, EVEN if they beat Abingdon, and Gate City is in the playoffs.  Gate City can lose to RV and Lee can beat Abingdon and Lee would be well ahead in power ratings, but it won't matter.  GC and Lee would then tie for the same district record and GC won the Head to Head.

If they go by district record, then, yes, Lee is eliminated. I'm just keeping track of the powerpoint "race" in case because of the many different rumors from the spring with how they were handling everything.

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

@foosballer Thats my understanding but theres some discussion that Lee may out point GC for the Mtn 7 4 seed but everything else is pretty much set as I understand it 

Region 2D has agreed upon District Standings, using Power Points to break any ties.  Naturally, Lee could shock the planet and beat Abingdon, earning their way into the playoffs over Gate City, but that H2H game decided it essentially.

Lee CAN NOT earn their way in the playoffs by beating Abingdon.  The game is IRRELEVANT if you are going by district record and Head to Head.    

Right now, going into this coming weekend, Gate City has a 1 game lead over Lee High in District Record.  Lets say Gate City loses to Ridgeview 80 to nothing, and Lee pulls a California Inglewood on Abingdon and beats them 106-0, Lee is STILL NOT in the playoffs.  This would leave Gate City and Lee High with the same district record, and Gate City won the head to head contest, so Gate City is in.  Lee High would certainly overtake Gate City in the power ratings by beating Abingdon and Gate City losing to Ridgeview, but again, district record/head to head falls in favor of Gate City.  Lee High is OUT of the playoffs right now, long before this weekend, doesn't matter what they do.

Now, if you are saying that a two team tie is NOT decided by head to head, and goes to power points, then ok, Lee would be in.  This would be the most insane tomfoolery's I have ever witnessed, if that's the case.  I have a hard time believing they agreed to that.  I can understand a 3 Team tie with Central, RV, Union.  Sure, that's a power points thing since they beat each other, but when two teams have the exact same district record, I would think they aren't going directly to powerpoints.  They would go to head to head first, then powerpoints. 

For example, Lee beats Abingdon and Gate City loses to RV.  Both have the same exact district record and Lee has the higher power rating.  But, Gate City beat Lee head to head.  They are actually going to let Lee in the playoffs over Gate City in this scenario?  No way.  Possible?  I guess so, but that would be laughable.   What I'm getting at is............What they call a TIE.  I think a TIE occurs when district record is the same, and there is no Head to Head issue (such as RV, Central, Union).  Then, after the above is settled, it goes to powerpoints.