2D playoff pairings questions

Gmen2021

So 1-4 will flip in the first round of the playoffs with 1 vs 4 across district , 2 vs 3, etc. 

question, what happens in 2 round. ? Does it revert back to playoff points( VHSL rating? 
I would assume that would also determine home field as well. . 

That's a good question! I'm assuming that the winner of the M7-#1/SWD-#4 would take on the winner of the SWD-#2/M7-#3 .  And vice versa with SWD-#1/M7-#4.  Higher seed hosts.

And then Rd 3 would be the higher seed remaining hosts the lower seed. In the event both teams are the same seed, I would imagine the team with the higher PP rating would host.

That's just a guess.

I get what you saying Union Fan, but check out this scenario and I'm curious as to what you think.

Lets assume the following and I know, it may look much difference than this, especially in the M7, but lets just say it turns out like this

SWD is Graham 1, VH 2, Richlands 3, Tazewell 4.         M7 is Union 1, Central 2, RV 3, G. City 4.

In week one, the following occurs.   Graham wins over GC.  Tazewell wins over Union.  Ridgeview Wins over VH.  Central Wins over Richlands.  What you now have left is the SWD 1st and 4th seed, and the M7 2nd and 3rd seed.  

Based on the above, it would be reasonable to think that Graham, the only remaining 1 seed should host the lowest seed left which is Tazewell, correct?  If not, is it fair that Central (M7 2nd seed) or RV (M7 3rd seed) gets to host Tazewell instead of Graham?  Or.......are the playoffs being worked to where Graham would host Tazewell because Tazewell is the lowest seeded team left?  That's my question, and I think it kind of echoes or illustrates the original poster who started the threads concern.  Legit question.

I get what happens in Round 1 and Round 3.  Round 2 is where the dilemma rests

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

That's a good question! I'm assuming that the winner of the M7-#1/SWD-#4 would take on the winner of the SWD-#2/M7-#3 .  And vice versa with SWD-#1/M7-#4.  Higher seed hosts.

And then Rd 3 would be the higher seed remaining hosts the lower seed. In the event both teams are the same seed, I would imagine the team with the higher PP rating would host.

That's just a guess.

In the event you have same seeds from District Standings, it goes to power points for the HOST!  

16 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I get what you saying Union Fan, but check out this scenario and I'm curious as to what you think.

Lets assume the following and I know, it may look much difference than this, especially in the M7, but lets just say it turns out like this

SWD is Graham 1, VH 2, Richlands 3, Tazewell 4.         M7 is Union 1, Central 2, RV 3, G. City 4.

In week one, the following occurs.   Graham wins over GC.  Tazewell wins over Union.  Ridgeview Wins over VH.  Central Wins over Richlands.  What you now have left is the SWD 1st and 4th seed, and the M7 2nd and 3rd seed.  

Based on the above, it would be reasonable to think that Graham, the only remaining 1 seed should host the lowest seed left which is Tazewell, correct?  If not, is it fair that Central (M7 2nd seed) or RV (M7 3rd seed) gets to host Tazewell instead of Graham?  Or.......are the playoffs being worked to where Graham would host Tazewell because Tazewell is the lowest seeded team left?  That's my question, and I think it kind of echoes or illustrates the original poster who started the threads concern.  Legit question

In basketball and other sports, given your scenario, Tazewell would then take Union's position in the bracket, but not their seed. Tazewell would then play Ridgeview at Ridgeview. Graham would host Central.

I could be completely wrong though.

16 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I assume the brackets play out without rebracketing until the regional finals when the team with the highest power point total hosts. That's the simplest and most logical way to do it

Exactly! We'll find out soon enough though.

35 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

Ain't rv over Central since central lost to ridgeview.

Rv beat C, C beat U, U beat Rv. 

If U beats Abingdon then they'll pull the M7 #1. If they lose and Rv beats Bluefield then Rv gets the #1. If GC beats C then idk for sure(idk any of this for sure) but GC would stay at 4 and C would be 3.

If Rv and U both lose and C beats GC and Grundy then I think C gets the #1. If Abingdon beats U then Abingdon is the M7 champion and get nothing lol but U/C/Rv tie for 2nd and Power Points decides the seeding.

There's a lot riding on a few games this Friday night. 

This is the way I understand it. The bracket you put up is what I read. I guess this was the kind of format agreed on early on.

Still seems unfair for Graham. I known rules are rules. Graham, who has a power ranking higher than Central should benefit by playing the lowest remaining seed in round two which if Ridgeview were to beat VA High, and assuming Central and Union win, then Graham in a normal world would play Ridgeview, a 3 seed, but it looks like Graham would play Union, a 2 seed in round two, and Central, who has a lower power ranking than Graham gets to play Ridgeview instead of Union.

It's not very fair for Graham, but again, rules are rules and if this format actually was agreed on, then that's the way the cookie crumbles.

For example, the other regions reseed, unless something has changed due to Covid.  For example in Class 2, Region C,    (Seed 1 plays 8),  (Seed 2 plays 7),  (Seed 3 plays 6),  (Seed 4 plays 5).   Lets say the 1 seed wins, that number one seed doesn't automatically play the winner of (Seed 4 vs 5).  That number one seed would play the lowest remaining seed left in the field.  For example, in round 1 of the playoffs, if Seed 1 wins and Seed 7 upsets Seed 2, then that first seeded team would host the 7th seeded team in round two.  I guess each region is different.

Just my two cents which mean nothing, 2D should either go strictly by 1-8 powerpoints as normal or reseed after round 1. What the advantage of being #1 seed if you get screwed out of playing lower seeds except for home field advantage. I don’t know who makes these decisions but geez! 🤦

At the end of the day, you will face the best teams sooner or later either 2nd or 3rd round so it a matter of when. Everyone’s goal is winning state , and if you go out first second or third round it doesn’t matter because you wasn’t good enough to go to state if you lost. 

11 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

At the end of the day, you will face the best teams sooner or later either 2nd or 3rd round so it a matter of when. Everyone’s goal is winning state , and if you go out first second or third round it doesn’t matter because you wasn’t good enough to go to state if you lost. 

If you were to "face the best teams sooner or later" then no need to seed teams. Put all 8 teams in one pot.  In the NCAA Tournament, no need for 1 vs 16, just put the names in the pot and play each other where they fall.  The point of seeding, and then reseeding, such as the NFL playoffs and all the other regions including North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia High School Football, is to offer a reward, an incentive for working hard during those regular season games and earning that spot.  If going by the logic of facing the best teams sooner or later, than no point in Graham/Gate City winner playing the Union/Tazewell winner, just have Graham/GC winner play the Central/Richlands winner.  If there is going to be no point to it, then go all in.  Make sure there is no point to it.

I dont really see a problem with not reseeding, I mean by the second round all of the fat has been cut away, its all meat. The top 3 teams from the M7 are pretty even so seed doesn't have a bearing between them, and Graham has already dominated what would be a highly seeded VA High team. 

Its not that big of a deal imo. 

3 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

For example, the other regions reseed, unless something has changed due to Covid.  For example in Class 2, Region C,    (Seed 1 plays 8),  (Seed 2 plays 7),  (Seed 3 plays 6),  (Seed 4 plays 5).   Lets say the 1 seed wins, that number one seed doesn't automatically play the winner of (Seed 4 vs 5).  That number one seed would play the lowest remaining seed left in the field.  For example, in round 1 of the playoffs, if Seed 1 wins and Seed 7 upsets Seed 2, then that first seeded team would host the 7th seeded team in round two.  I guess each region is different.

Do you mean they have reseeded in past years, or that they had planned on doing it this year... unless something has changed?