2D Playoff Picture: Final Week

Deleted Account

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I don't think anyone would've rather played 9 games but I for one didn't want them on the schedule lol.  Didn't the starters only play a half?

Yea, pretty sure nobody said that. A few, including myself, preferred a 3 or 4A school.

I think they may have started subbing in the 2nd quarter.

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yea, pretty sure nobody said that. A few, including myself, preferred a 3 or 4A school.

I was actually happy about the Burton game though at the time now not so much

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I’m pretty sure they were supposed to be the cupcake on the schedule. Burton being down hurt Union and RV. I don’t think anyone expected them to be as bad as they were this season.

2 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m pretty sure they were supposed to be the cupcake on the schedule. Burton being down hurt Union and RV. I don’t think anyone expected them to be as bad as they were this season.

If Twin Springs and Va High were the surprise overachievers of the year, Burton was the exact opposite.

12 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

If Twin Springs and Va High were the surprise overachievers of the year, Burton was the exact opposite.

True! Even though I’m always surprised when Va High isn’t any better. Just seems like they should be a lot better at football. I know it’s like the old JJ Kelly when it comes to baseball, but always surprises me.

23 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Burton had a lot of players returning.  Thought for sure they would go 7-3 at least

The playoffs should be the district champs plus top 2 in power points. 2 games and you have a regional champ. Union would have not won the region last year but that’s just fine . That reduces injuries and the overall fatigue of the players. We have long rewarded everyone with a trophy, but don’t we want the best vs best . The state championship has in the past had some 5 and 5 teams win state (Janesville, Appalachia, Blacksburg) but I still believe that only the best teams should be in the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I don't think anyone would've rather played 9 games but I for one didn't want them on the schedule lol.  Didn't the starters only play a half?

According to the fan base, When has Union's Starters played an entire game this season?? It wasn't Central or Abingdon. I know,  I know, had an Elizabethton or Letcher County been on Union's schedule they would be undefeated now, instead we had to go to Ewing and that single game has ruined our entire season.

Sorry I am paraphrasing your hypocrisy, I'm just trying to see the broken logic. 

13 hours ago, redtiger said:

I think there were some other players that quit/were cut as well

Yes but Teasley was 1st team All-State.....it would be the equivalent of Graham losing Bradshaw or Union losing Lomax.   

2 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

According to the fan base, When has Union's Starters played an entire game this season?? It wasn't Central or Abingdon. I know,  I know, had an Elizabethton or Letcher County been on Union's schedule they would be undefeated now, instead we had to go to Ewing and that single game has ruined our entire season.

Sorry I am paraphrasing your hypocrisy, I'm just trying to see the broken logic. 

Well let me quit beating around the bush.  Most Union fans don't won't to drive an hour to watch their team destroy someone and risk getting starters hurt vs a team that they have no business playing and on top of that listening to a woman scream after every play holding on Union and we would win if the refs were cheating us.  How's that clear enough

41 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Well let me quit beating around the bush.  Most Union fans don't won't to drive an hour to watch their team destroy someone and risk getting starters hurt vs a team that they have no business playing and on top of that listening to a woman scream after every play holding on Union and we would win if the refs were cheating us.  How's that clear enough

Let me also add.. the view from the stands and concessions food was dreadful. 

3 hours ago, foosballer said:

Yes but Teasley was 1st team All-State.....it would be the equivalent of Graham losing Bradshaw or Union losing Lomax.   

No doubt Teasley is the biggest loss but on a team with 30 kids, losing 2 or 3 two way players is devastating.  Losing Teasley makes them not as good, losing the others makes for a terrible season. A 1A school simply can't bounce back from that

45 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Let me also add.. the view from the stands and concessions food was dreadful. 

I don't know how to make it any more clear to him.  I'm actually glad we played them now because of the power points and said it before.  But before the season it looked to be a bad game to schedule

20 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I haven't been to a stadium in southwest Virginia or northeast Tennessee yet, where there's not one or six of these... Lol

38 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The Grundy upset of Patrick Henry almost certainly locks Central into the #1 seed.  The only way for Union to get that now is (1) Richlands over VHS and (2) Castlewood over Eastside.

It's probably already been asked, but if Ridgeview beats Gate City does that move them to 2 because of the Grundy win or no?