Week 11 updates

VHSLhelper

11 hours ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

Well I heard Taz qb can roll right and throw left 45 yds and hit wr on dead run might need to pull that out 

The timing on this snarky comment was picture perfect, because that’s literally what happened on the 39-yard TD toss.  Thought about posting on it last night, but crow is a dish best served cold.

52 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The timing on this snarky comment was picture perfect, because that’s literally what happened on the 39-yard TD toss.  Thought about posting on it last night, but crow is a dish best served cold.

Haters be hatin’ 😂😂😂 

13 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Battle just won the championship from the sound of it after their score. 

4 yd pass

JB 6

Taz 0

5:35 1st 

Battle's PA announcer is one of the worst.  Right up there with Grundy's.

Also, I must be one of the few who isn't a fan of Battle Hill.  Despise concrete bleachers.  Very hard on the hiney... Lol

15 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Also, I must be one of the few who isn't a fan of Battle Hill.  Despise concrete bleachers.  Very hard on the hiney... Lol

Ill agree with the announcer and the Grundy one as well.  Plus add the 1st half Marion announcer to that as well.  Good cushion takes care of the numb butt syndrome from the stands.

I know our stadium isn't necessarily the best but we have a track around the field as does Richlands and the viewing doesn't suck nearly as bad as these new stadiums.  Can't speak for Ridgeview or Central but I saw the same design at Blacksburg and it was horrible.  So to me some planners/engineers have no clue what they are doing.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Ill agree with the announcer and the Grundy one as well.  Plus add the 1st half Marion announcer to that as well.  Good cushion takes care of the numb butt syndrome from the stands.

I know our stadium isn't necessarily the best but we have a track around the field as does Richlands and the viewing doesn't suck nearly as bad as these new stadiums.  Can't speak for Ridgeview or Central but I saw the same design at Blacksburg and it was horrible.  So to me some planners/engineers have no clue what they are doing.

I ran track in high school at Haysi, and our meets were always at Garden because that was the only school in the BDD who had a track. Region meet was always at Bullitt Park or Garden, depending on whether it was the LPD or the BDD turn to host.

I guess most newer schools build stadiums with a track included so they're able to host track meets as well so they're not having to send students on the bus to meets all the time.  I'm just guessing though.

17 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I ran track in high school at Haysi, and our meets were always at Garden because that was the only school in the BDD who had a track. Region meet was always at Bullitt Park or Garden, depending on whether it was the LPD or the BDD turn to host.

I guess most newer schools build stadiums with a track included so they're able to host track meets as well so they're not having to send students on the bus to meets all the time.  I'm just guessing though.

Bullet Park is unique, its design places the visitor side stands inside the track oval and close to the field. 

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

to me some planners/engineers have no clue what they are doing.

Amen!    From angle of the stands, to overall layout of stadiums(everything is scattered out) theyre not fan friendly. The first "new" style stadium I went to was King William when Haysi plays Essex over there and it was awful, come to find out Ridgeview and Central are basically the same. 

18 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

How many receptions does Harris need to break the record? 

I think I heard @UVAObserver say he needed 9 more after last night's game...  I could be wrong, I was listening to the game on my phone, watching the Braves win the World Series on one tv and playing Warzone on another tv. lol

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

What's so bad about Grundy's PA announcer? 

You listening online or in peson?

Last night was the 1st time I'd heard him.  The 3rd down thing was a bit annoying, but I really didn't notice anything else. 

When you try to coerce the officials into calling a penalty, you're a bad announcer.

34 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I think I heard @UVAObserver say he needed 9 more after last night's game...  I could be wrong, I was listening to the game on my phone, watching the Braves win the World Series on one tv and playing Warzone on another tv. lol

9 to tie, 10 to claim it by himself.  He’s got a puncher’s chance.

6 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It was cold as kraut there yesterday.  Everything is brick and block, which holds the cold like none other.  Great folks, though, very welcoming and collegial.

50 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Is that career receptions or for a season hadn't read earlier posts

35 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

His Pops is the coach….of course he gets it. 😂

It's up to the qb creasy. They may design plays for him. But creasy finds open target. Next week may have use him very heavy. 

Edited by THS6805
Fat fingers

39 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

His Pops is the coach….of course he gets it. 😂

He will get it.  Tazewell running the ball on Central is going to be near dam* impossible.  Central surely knows, and I bet the Dogs Staff know it, so Tazewell's run game will be the short passing game, and if Central has a weakness, it is speed in the secondary.  From 7 is vicious, but the back 4 are not winning a track contest, and knowing that, Central is going to be surely playing back and not allowing the long ball, and counting on their front 4 and front 7 to get pressure.  This means the 2 yd pass for Tazewell will be more of the rule than the exception in this game.  I think he gets it.  I hope he does.

1 minute ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

He will get it.  Tazewell running the ball on Central is going to be near dam* impossible.  Central surely knows, and I bet the Dogs Staff know it, so Tazewell's run game with be the short passing game, and if Central has a weakness, it is speed in the secondary.  From 7 is vicious, but the back 4 are not winning a track contest, and knowing that, Central is going to be surely playing back and not allowing the long ball, and counting on their front 4 and front 7 to get pressure.  This means the 2 yd pass for Tazewell will be more of the rule than the exception in this game.  I think he gets it.  I hope he does.

taz will be lucky to score

3 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

taz will be lucky to score

I didn't write anything about scoring.  For that matter, I never wrote anything about crossing the 50 yd line.  But, I think he gets very close/right at the mark for those receptions.  For Tazewell, that 2 yd-3-4 yd pass is basically a run play for them.  That is Tazewell's run.  They have an inexperienced OL coming into the season, and against really good teams, their best chances, best way of moving the ball while trying to control some clock is with the short pass.  Can't blame em either.