VA High vs Union

Gridiron60

I feel like this has the potential to be the closest first round games depending entirely on Union. VA High isn’t battle tested and that showed up against Richlands in my opinion. No disrespect but their front line is weak but they have some playmakers. Union fans keep saying Union isn’t the same Union that played Graham. If so, close game. If they play close to how they played Graham, VA High goes home. Merely my opinion, others may disagree. Thoughts? 

Either way Union wins but if Union gets their ducks in a row this one will get nasty quick. The Bears will challenge the Bearcats up front and Lomax is a RB the likes of which Virginia hasn't seen yet. 

Bears by 21+

14 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Either way Union wins but if Union gets their ducks in a row this one will get nasty quick. The Bears will challenge the Bearcats up front and Lomax is a RB the likes of which Virginia hasn't seen yet. 

Bears by 21+

I don’t know about nasty quick. I expect a 40-28 type game. 

VHS has trouble stopping the run......Richlands and Graham had good success running on them. I don't see Union having any trouble running on them either as long as they stay away from the spread.

I think Union's defense can win the LOS. I'd focus on getting pressure on the center of the line with a big noseguard and LB's in the A, B gaps. 

Union 35

VHS 14 

5 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I don’t know about nasty quick. I expect a 40-28 type game. 

I think it will be respectable and Virginia has a shot to win,  but Union has a ton of potential IF (and focus on the IF) they can get it together. Best RB in the Region and they're a very physical squad.  If Richlands pushed Virginia around(and they sure did on the last drive) then Union will dominate them in the run game. 

Union by a lot.   Richlands isn’t very good and their D has been gutted most of year.  They just didn’t get great all of a sudden.  Va high isn’t very good.    All the track speed talk has no merit.   The field at Ernie hicks  was perfect Friday night.   Richlands has little team speed and had little trouble with va Highs athletes.  Richlands kicked deep all night and va high was content  to kick it 15 yards and not  let webb get even a look at the ball.   

Just thankful for an opponent we haven't seen since 2012 instead of someone we just played a few weeks backs. Makes it so much more interesting.

Looking forward to seeing Thomas and Va High's other speed backs in action and how Union handles them.

I think the passing of the Bearcats will be another good test. If we make past this week, we'll have to be ready for what's to come next.

I'm in the minority here but I think this is a very dangerous game for Union. If VHS jumps out and gets a couple electric plays early and Union gets down two scores, can they steady the ship, keep the game in hand and keep VHS off field and scoreboard enough to make up the difference? This isn't Graham v. Lee

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'm in the minority here but I think this is a very dangerous game for Union. If VHS jumps out and gets a couple electric plays early and Union gets down two scores, can they steady the ship, keep the game in hand and keep VHS off field and scoreboard enough to make up the difference? This isn't Graham v. Lee

Could be close who knows how Union will play.  Played Abingdon decent second half.  Looked like State champs playing Richlands first half then couldn't tackle second half.  Great first half vs Ridgeview then again couldn't tackle second half.  Even central game was close at half then second, well I guess everyone has seen the pattern.  My guess is Union will lead at half by a couple scores and then hang on for dear life.

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

"If" Va High jumps out to a 2 td lead, I still wouldn't be too concerned. As Sasquatch said their line is their biggest issue. Lomax is going to look like Earl Campbell busting through VA High's defense. 

VA HIgh defensively, has a very slim chance. They've had a great season and a huge turn around. It will not be what they wanted but looking at the year over year records they made a huge improvement and had a lot of success. Union will dominate to make a statement and boost their own confidence. 56-14

On 11/7/2021 at 10:05 PM, jarhead24219 said:

Rumor has it that Thomas from Va High has a bad hamstring, I have heard that carrying around a sack of 100 lb rocks on you back helps that , it’s true, there are no Union coaches  that have bad hamstrings

Fantastic....we finally figured out what is in the back packs.....rocks

Would like to see final injury report but if Thomas is healthy could be close....for a quarter or so

Union 35 VA High -12

3 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

Fantastic....we finally figured out what is in the back packs.....rocks

Would like to see final injury report but if Thomas is healthy could be close....for a quarter or so

Union 35 VA High -12

THOMAS IS HEALTHY AND HE IS PLAYING.......!!!!!!!

Union by a lot.  Va high is a weak 2a school.  I’ll give them an attaboy for being Improved this year but if they have  better qb play  , RBs, wrs , than some of the other district teams . Then how  do  they loose on Turf to Richlands ? The blues 0 line is average and wasn’t  blowing people off the ball. .  Richlands even had over triple the penalty yards and more turnovers than va high .  So really no explanation,  other than they played a weak schedule.  Very weak. And it’s not the ADs fault nor the kids.  Just stating a fact. Some 8-2 records aren’t equal.    Union will have this game over by the half.  They are a playoff made team that won’t sleepwalk through this one. 

I for one expect a good game, as for Va High they had a bad game against Richlands , and the Blues had a great game. Everyone has a bad game , Unions was against Central, but the Warriors had a little to do with that. The Bearcats will come in ready to play , and I expect them to use play action to Thomas and try to go over the top with many many many QB draws just like the GMEN did