Ridgeview vs Richlands

Gridiron60

Hopefully  this one will be better than the regular season game for the Blues. .    RV with lots of weapons.  Richlands,  not nearly as many.  I think it will be a better game. Richlands has played with much better energy since Tazewell, just  not sure that will lead to a Win.   The Blues , other than one long pass play here and there have resorted to using Webb in the backfield more than at receiver.  Cox has  ran hard the last few weeks, and brown has as well.Defense has improved.    Weather appears that it will come into  play at some point Friday and may shake things up some.   Hoping for a competitive game.  

This game will be closer than the first one, if not only for Richlands has seen what RV has.  They will game plan to stop #7 but if #13 shows up big like Friday night, it may not matter.  Look for Richlands to run better this time.  Watched that Va High game and they ran well.

Seen some improvement on the Richlands side, but not enough.  The results will probably be equal to the regular season game, but it's the playoffs and anything could happen.  I'll hope for the upset, but really have my doubts, just being truthful.  Still a fan, never give up, never give up, GO BLUES!!!

22 hours ago, packattack2021 said:

Pack comfortably enough to get primed for a potential rematch with the Walmart Warriors

4 TDs

Don't think it would be 4TD's by any means, not that it couldn't be, but why would RV coach leave the starters in to run up the score and take a chance of injury.  Wouldn't it be better to have a 14 point victory and keep starters injury free, rather than a 4TD victory and maybe get a valuavle starter injured?  It's playoffs, no need to try to be impressive with the score, win by one point and move on is all that's required.

2 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Don't think it would be 4TD's by any means, not that it couldn't be, but why would RV coach leave the starters in to run up the score and take a chance of injury.  Wouldn't it be better to have a 14 point victory and keep starters injury free, rather than a 4TD victory and maybe get a valuavle starter injured?  It's playoffs, no need to try to be impressive with the score, win by one point and move on is all that's required.

Problem with winning by 1 is it becomes easier to lose by 1

Im saying an early 4 TD margin that we cruise with till the buzzer sounds

5 minutes ago, packattack2021 said:

Problem with winning by 1 is it becomes easier to lose by 1

Im saying an early 4 TD margin that we cruise with till the buzzer sounds

Richland is not chopped liver a 4 TD margen is a nice thought but week 6 Richlands came in after getting thumped several times Playoff Richlands is coming in on a nice win streak and a Huge win of (then) 1 loss Va High

I think RV is the better team but need to come in with the heads screwed on straight

12 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

That would depend on when they get up by 4 tds. If it’s sometime in the first half you keep the starters in for a bit. If it’s the end of the 3rd then you might pull them! I don’t see 4tds either, but RV can score quickly. 

20 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Don't think it would be 4TD's by any means, not that it couldn't be, but why would RV coach leave the starters in to run up the score and take a chance of injury.  Wouldn't it be better to have a 14 point victory and keep starters injury free, rather than a 4TD victory and maybe get a valuable starter injured?  It's playoffs, no need to try to be impressive with the score, win by one point and move on is all that's required.

4 TDs isnt running it up, anything less than 4 TDs isn't a safe lead vs Richlands. IF Ridgeview can get that kind of lead they will be doing well and would be smart to leave the starters in. The Pack had a comfortable lead vs Richlands in the Spring that quickly eroded when momentum swung. 

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

4 TDs isnt running it up, anything less than 4 TDs isn't a safe lead vs Richlands. IF Ridgeview can get that kind of lead they will be doing well and would be smart to leave the starters in. The Pack had a comfortable lead vs Richlands in the Spring that quickly eroded when momentum swung. 

Never thought of it that way, but just hope no one get an injury, and I'm sure the coaches for both teams feel the same.  Yes momentum can be a ditch to fall into if you pull the starters to soon, agree.  Guess I was thinking abolut all the games Richlands won by 4 or more TD's in the Mance years and everyone complained about running up the score.

If the Richlands that showed up against Gate City and VA High shows up again, this game could be a close one. If the Richlands that showed up against Ridgeview in round one comes around, it will be a repeat of the first game. I'm done picking for or against Richlands. Just no way to tell with them. <-------which can make things a bit scary for Ridgeview.

33 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

If the Richlands that showed up against Gate City and VA High shows up again, this game could be a close one. If the Richlands that showed up against Ridgeview in round one comes around, it will be a repeat of the first game. I'm done picking for or against Richlands. Just no way to tell with them. <-------which can make things a bit scary for Ridgeview.

I feel like RV really needs this game for the program. They've not had that big playoff win yet. Just disappointments so far. I know they are favored and beat Richlands soundly the first time. A solid win here would get some good momentum headed too am assume game against Central.

45 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Rematches, like this one, seem to always go 1 of 2 ways. It will be a 10 point or less win by Richlands, or another 35+ point blowout by Ridgeview. The middle rarely happens. I would bet on Ridgeview, but with their playoff history, who knows...

Keep in mind that they haven't had a playoff game in the Tiller era yet.

RV was very balanced the first time around and looked really polished in the game back in September. . Richlands was playing the  worst 3 game stretch maybe in the last 2 decades. Not sure how this one plays out, but somewhat expect a better showing from Richlands. Rv would have to make some mistakes and the blues would need to come out swinging to have a shot IMO.

20 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

RV was very balanced the first time around and looked really polished in the game back in September. . Richlands was playing the  worst 3 game stretch maybe in the last 2 decades. Not sure how this one plays out, but somewhat expect a better showing from Richlands. Rv would have to make some mistakes and the blues would need to come out swinging to have a shot IMO.

Honestly depends upon which RV team you get.  They are the most Jeckyl/Hyde team around the region.

I found it on a Richlands station and it has been difficult to listen, I didn't realize I gotten used to a lot of our local stations coverage, who most don't just cover one and don't tend to do 'us' we' and a lot more nicknames and cheering for one team so much.   I've listened to WDIC and gotten mad before that they seemed to try to avoid being seen as 'pro' our team and/or neutral that they would almost go the other way.....that isn't the case here at all lol