Ridgeview vs Richlands

Gridiron60

46 minutes ago, R0cketer said:

I found it on a Richlands station and it has been difficult to listen, I didn't realize I gotten used to a lot of our local stations coverage, who most don't just cover one and don't tend to do 'us' we' and a lot more nicknames and cheering for one team so much.   I've listened to WDIC and gotten mad before that they seemed to try to avoid being seen as 'pro' our team and/or neutral that they would almost go the other way.....that isn't the case here at all lol

I didn't listen to that game so I'm speaking in generalities, but as a radio listener, id much rather the broadcast be totally unbias and no "home team" slant.

Amen.   I don't want to listen to coverage that isn't at least mostly neutral.  I don't mind a bit of hometeam bias,it's hard to not get that when there are stations that tend to cover only one team and I get it a bit more in the playoffs because its the end for pretty much all of the senior kids and the emotion at the end, sadness, saying close calls and been different, etc. but this one just bad.   I try to not criticize the coverage because I'm always glad when someone is covering the games, but this was one where I multiple times turned the coverage off and would come back later to get an update.   I'm fine listening to specific teams home stations/coverages most of the time, you get a lot of it and understand the hometeam support but it was past that line and into the gag worthy.   

2 hours ago, R0cketer said:

So question, is this covered anywhere now, since it doesn't appear that WDIC is covering it.

It’s on NFHS and a Richlands station is carrying it.

Cant believe WDIC isn’t covering it.

I watched this on NFHS and it was a crazy game. First of all hats off to both teams. Neither one quit. I know most (including me) thought Ridgeview would win this game, but how it turned out I feel like this a huge win for the program. 
In the game, both offenses were able to get to the red zone, but both struggled.   RV only scored on 2of 4 trips. Richlands’ had 5 field goals on their trips. Webb hit a big run in the 2nd quarter and the kickoff return late in the 4th. 
Rv just had no consistent running game which will probably cost them next week, but the kids need to enjoy this one. 

Neither team impressed me greatly at all tonight.  However, 95% of my time is spent watching 6A ball on the Tennessee side these days, so that probably clouds my judgment somewhat.  Although the two other times I saw Ridgeview earlier in the season, against Burton and Union, they looked worlds better then than tonight.

My two cents... a lot of Ridgeview fans were livid about Koda Counts not getting that TD on 4th and goal.  FWIW, I was standing right on the goal line, and it appeared to me he definitely was short.  Having to come back out of the end zone to make the catch probably caused the shortage, however in hindsight that actually worked out better for Ridgeview in the end since they got the safety.

Also, Richlands had plenty of opportunities to put the game away but instead settled for 5 field goals.  I believe they would have converted at least one if not multiple of those 4th down opportunities and should have had the game on ice to not even let it get to the point it eventually did.

If Ridgeview plays like they did tonight next week at Central, Central will win by 4 scores.

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I watched this on NFHS and it was a crazy game. First of all hats off to both teams. Neither one quit. I know most (including me) thought Ridgeview would win this game, but how it turned out I feel like this a huge win for the program. 
In the game, both offenses were able to get to the red zone, but both struggled.   RV only scored on 2of 4 trips. Richlands’ had 5 field goals on their trips. Webb hit a big run in the 2nd quarter and the kickoff return late in the 4th. 
Rv just had no consistent running game which will probably cost them next week, but the kids need to enjoy this one. 

I believe Ridgeview has too many weapons to not be passing 70 percent of the time. They dont seem to be a good running team. Seems like they passed it a lot more in the first meeting with a much different result. I remember more downfield throws early in the game during the first matchup as well. I believe if they keep trying to force the run that could be their downfall. Good luck going forward.