Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

12 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Richlands? Wasn’t Tarter just a 1 year and done thing?

Rumor is a replacement for Tarter was located last year, just wanted to wait for his son to finish his high school career in his present location before migrating to Richlands, but that's still just a rumor. Time alone will tell the truth in that statement.

24 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Rumor is a replacement for Tarter was located last year, just wanted to wait for his son to finish his high school career in his present location before migrating to Richlands, but that's still just a rumor. Time alone will tell the truth in that statement.

I think Tarter has done a pretty good job. Rough start for sure but Richlands has steadily improved thru the year. Very few coaches have done as much as he has with as little as he has to work with this year. Hasn't lost to anyone that he was supposed to beat and he has won twice when he was supposed to lose. I know it isn't a popular sentiment but I think he should be Region coach of the year.

I’m just waiting for the yearly bashing of Harner at GW….every year like clock work they want him out, yet guy has a great record there. Who or what do they want?

1 hour ago, 44cov3 said:

I’m just waiting for the yearly bashing of Harner at GW….every year like clock work they want him out, yet guy has a great record there. Who or what do they want?

He has a great record against who? I'm not being smart because I truly don't know but just a quick glance over their schedule it seems he beats the easy opponents and loses to the rest. I may be wrong.

I am just curious what everyone's take is on Turner at Union. He has been the head ball coach since 2011, and has lead the Bears pretty well. This being his 10th year, and still no state championship, just wondering if anyone thinks its time to look somewhere else or if Turner coaches as long as he wants to for the Bears???

26 minutes ago, #BBN said:

I am just curious what everyone's take is on Turner at Union. He has been the head ball coach since 2011, and has lead the Bears pretty well. This being his 10th year, and still no state championship, just wondering if anyone thinks its time to look somewhere else or if Turner coaches as long as he wants to for the Bears???

I'd say he's there until he wants out.

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

He has a great record against who? I'm not being smart because I truly don't know but just a quick glance over their schedule it seems he beats the easy opponents and loses to the rest. I may be wrong.

Hes 67-23 since hes been there....I know he hasn't done well against Radford (2-5) or Galax (1-9)....but how many teams have done well against each one of those 2 teams.  I guess if your judging it on records vs them or how many state championships he has then OK. I'm just not sure who you think your going to get that's going to do a much better job.  In the last few years there has been jobs open everywhere and yet the coaching pool is very shallow....not always greener on the other side (ask coach Dixon) 

48 minutes ago, #BBN said:

He has beaten everyone in the region, he has guided the Bears to the state semis , Appomattox has beat us every time , but who have they not . A injury here or there has kept the Bears from making that next step. You know Graham wishes he would go somewhere else

51 minutes ago, #BBN said:

Anyone that has observed Union since 2011 has noticed 2 consistent things each year. A huge number of adult bodies on the sidelines, and attention to detail in some games (time management, silly penalties, special teams breakdowns). The sidelines need to be cleaned up. There are too many people down there that don't need to be there. I think this causes chaos and unwanted distraction during games. Also, we've have/had coaches involved with the program (from varsity down) that simply don't need to be. A lot of discussion was revolved around a former DC, but there are others. As head coach, this ultimately falls on Turner's shoulders, but I think he's too nice of a guy to get rid of some of this dead weight.

Do I think Turner needs to go? No, not necessarily, but some changes are in order without question.

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Anyone that has observed Union since 2011 has noticed 2 consistent things each year. A huge number of adult bodies on the sidelines, and attention to detail in some games (time management, silly penalties, special teams breakdowns). The sidelines need to be cleaned up. There are too many people down there that don't need to be there. I think this causes chaos and unwanted distraction during games. Also, we've have/had coaches involved with the program (from varsity down) that simply don't need to be. A lot of discussion was revolved around a former DC, but there are others. As head coach, this ultimately falls on Turner's shoulders, but I think he's too nice of a guy to get rid of some of this dead weight.

Do I think Turner needs to go? No, not necessarily, but some changes are in order without question.

I see this at a lot of games around here for some reason. A player shouldn’t have more than a couple or voices telling them what to do on the field. The big thing Turner needs to fix is bringing the QB to the sideline every play. That’s would fix most of your time management issues. Rick Mullins was a great coach, but that always annoyed me because it was worth at least 1 time out a half every game.

1 minute ago, Wolf1207 said:

I see this at a lot of games around here for some reason. A player shouldn’t have more than a couple or voices telling them what to do on the field. The big thing Turner needs to fix is bringing the QB to the sideline every play. That’s would fix most of your time management issues. Rick Mullins was a great coach, but that always annoyed me because it was worth at least 1 time out a half every game.

I think it's a situation where too many people "want to be a part of something", and they don't realize they aren't qualified. Like I said, Turner is too nice to tell them no. And I get the QB to the sideline thing to slow the game down and eat up clock, but not in critical situations. You don't run the QB to the sidelines when there's 2 minutes to go before the half and you need a score.

He/They beat a majority of the people on their schedule year in and year out...Bland and Auburn are in his district and for the most part coaches only get to play the people who the AD schedules.  I understand you always want to win and beat everyone and win states; its just not that easy.  I just think from an outsider GW seems to be a contender and a team to watch out for year in and year out and their head coach is Harner; yet every year GW people want him out; for goodness sakes who do they want HS, Mark Dixon, Chris Akers (10-0; #1 Seed in D lol).

6 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

He/They beat a majority of the people on their schedule year in and year out...Bland and Auburn are in his district and for the most part coaches only get to play the people who the AD schedules.  I understand you always want to win and beat everyone and win states; its just not that easy.  I just think from an outsider GW seems to be a contender and a team to watch out for year in and year out and their head coach is Harner; yet every year GW people want him out; for goodness sakes who do they want HS, Mark Dixon, Chris Akers (10-0; #1 Seed in D lol).

I would think he's been there long enough to have some influence on his non district opponents. I'm not calling for his because I have no dog in the fight. I'm just pointing out he hasn't really beat anybody that's any good. Does he deserve to lose his job over that? Probably not. If he runs a good program and the kids like him that should mean something.