Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

3 hours ago, foosballer said:

If I was the principal at RC, I would be trying to still Davis away from Twin Springs.  

He will be a HC somewhere soon if he wants it, quality guy and a very good coach. 

Davis is a I-Formation guy to the core, "modern" he is not

By modern do you mean he doesn't move the sticks or throw other than 3rd and long? I don't think their comfort zone is anything other than pro-i, but they're good at it.   I watched a couple of their games this season,  looked like a good mix of run/pass so defenses had to play them honest.  At a larger school with more athletes,  I think the sky is the limit.  Nobody wants to be an assistant 4life, but hope he stays right there and keep on winning. 

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

By modern do you mean he doesn't move the sticks or throw other than 3rd and long? I don't think their comfort zone is anything other than pro-i, but they're good at it.   I watched a couple of their games this season,  looked like a good mix of run/pass so defenses had to play them honest.  At a larger school with more athletes,  I think the sky is the limit.  Nobody wants to be an assistant 4life, but hope he stays right there and keep on winning. 

I didn't mean that as a shot at him, but a shot at those that want WRs all over the place and the ball in the air 30+ times a game. Davis is very varied within the I offense and very good at it. He stretches the defense vertically and horizontally with the plays he calls. Definitely a complete offense, just depends on what whoever is pulling the strings in Western Scott County wants 

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

agreed and they've got a good thing going at TS. I have some family there that will be ticked if they move him. not sure how the scott co school board works though, so not sure what will happen in the end. i know what would happen in a couple neighboring counties.  just hope they don't mess with one good program that's finally got it's bearings just to try and help another. but i mean, if he wants out of the assistant role, i could understand.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, foosballer said:

Interesting, I thought his new style offense was starting to come along.  Few years I think they could have been good again.

Interesting fact, they were the only team with more pass attempts than we had of all our opponents 

Has anyone heard about a replacement for the retiring coach Hubbard at Honaker?  Also I know UVA and the football coach parted ways, how will that affect the former Richlands coach That Wells, who left to be an assisant at UVA?  Just wondering.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

No... all northeast Tennessee teams runs end when you start playing the Knoxville area teams, unless you're Elizabethton or Greeneville.

They will be right there with Elizabethon and Greeneville if Bradley comes.

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

No... all northeast Tennessee teams runs end when you start playing the Knoxville area teams, unless you're Elizabethton or Greeneville.

Save that post. Bradley is different. Not the same. All coaches aren't equal, and Bradley is one of the reasons all coaches aren't equal. A completely different level of coaching compared to his peers.  If Bradley comes, Greenville and Betsy are about to battle for 2nd and 3rd in that realm. 

19 hours ago, swvafbrespect said:

We shall see about that. As good as Bradly is he still can't create a team to beat the ones you mentioned out of average players. 

This.... besides Tennessee High isn't even in the same class as Betsy or Greeneville.  They're one class higher.  5A runs out of Knoxville every year, usually either West or Central.  This year it was Powell who had the number 1 recruit in the country with Walter Nolen.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:40 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Fulton kicked our asses first round of playoffs. 

This was actually a good season for us.  6-4, then lose in first round. We are used to 3-7 at best.