Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, Union_Fan said:

Gary Collier...assuming this is the same guy that was at GC for years, it might be a good one. Time will tell.

What did he do at GC? I know his sons played for the Blue Devils. Guys got no HC experience

16 minutes ago, redtiger said:

What did he do at GC? I know his sons played for the Blue Devils. Guys not no HC experience

Someone from GC can certainly correct me, but I think he was the OC under the elder Houseright. His son Hunter was a 4 year starter at QB, and was pretty darn good. I remember some discussion on the old Mountain District forum about him. Some praised him, some despised him.

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Probably a good decision. Any clue as to where he's going?

Maybe he's leaving because he didn't win all those state titles with this class we've had to listen about for 10 years

7 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Maybe he's leaving because he didn't win all those state titles with this class we've had to listen about for 10 years

And that's why I think he's going. He's following the talent out the door. Have a feeling the well is going to be a little dry for a while in Wise.

22 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Someone from GC can certainly correct me, but I think he was the OC under the elder Houseright. His son Hunter was a 4 year starter at QB, and was pretty darn good. I remember some discussion on the old Mountain District forum about him. Some praised him, some despised him.

Was his son the QB on their last state title team? 

7 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Was his son the QB on their last state title team? 

No, his son was the QB from 13-16. He was on that '14 team with Caleb Herron when GC thumped Buckingham and then lost to Richlands a week later. That '14 GC team was definitely state title worthy.

5 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I just remembered that the state team had a really young QB after they moved the previous seasons RB to QB (good move). I remember him playing, he was a very good QB

I just looked it up because it was bugging me. Nick Bowen, a sophomore, on the 2010 team.

9 hours ago, goose111874 said:

RV says “You’re welcome”.  😜
That class forget to learn pass defense.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Around 16 kids returning and 15 or so kids moving up from the 8th grade.  Numbers should not be an issue for the next 4-5 years at RC as the bulk of the team will be freshman and sophomores next year.  I do hope Collier does an outstanding job.  

2 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Around 16 kids returning and 15 or so kids moving up from the 8th grade.  Numbers should not be an issue for the next 4-5 years at RC as the bulk of the team will be freshman and sophomores next year.  I do hope Collier does an outstanding job.  

As do I. I know nothing about his coaching ability firsthand, but certainly wish him success.

• 4 weeks later...