Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

1 hour ago, ehcwasp said:

Looks like the John Battle and Rural Retreat logos are stock letters from Richardson.  Not sure about Richlands, it may not be exactly like the Richardson letter

Screenshot_20220218-135114_Chrome.jpg

Richlands also uses Richardson. If you use a capital letter in Richardson, it fills in the letter instead of just the outline. 

3 hours ago, Tigers_07 said:

Back to the topic. Any word as to who Honaker has hired as head coach, same goes to Lebanon, have they hired a new head coach

So we have Central, Honaker and Lebanon as officially still vacant?  Plus if, they hire another existing SWVA head coach….that team will be on the hunt as well.  I’m surprised Honaker hasn’t been filled…..they seem to not of had a clear succession plan.  Lebanon and Central are more understandable as they have had less time to shop.

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

So we have Central, Honaker and Lebanon as officially still vacant?  Plus if, they hire another existing SWVA head coach….that team will be on the hunt as well.  I’m surprised Honaker hasn’t been filled…..they seem to not of had a clear succession plan.  Lebanon and Central are more understandable as they have had less time to shop.

Don't think they're listed as part of the area represented on this board, but the Blacksburg job has been very quiet. No rumors or anything that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Stranger danger said:

Don't think they're listed as part of the area represented on this board, but the Blacksburg job has been very quiet. No rumors or anything that I'm aware of.

They made a hire...can't remember his name....think he was an assistant at CBurg last year

6 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Is Northwood still open?

Honaker did interviews a few weeks ago, don't know what the holdup is.

Central did interviews this past week.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, redtiger said:

Me either 

I honestly forget about Northwood all the time.  Whenever it is mentioned I have to struggle to remember…….oh…Saltville.  I thought Johnson would be good there but looking back…..he has a history of bouncing every 2-3 years….hard to build something if you don’t even cycle through a four year period.  There isn’t a lot to work with at Northwood…..low numbers and you have PH and Chilhowie on your borders….able to swipe away a good player or two.  

On 2/21/2022 at 9:38 AM, SwvaOG said:

I honestly forget about Northwood all the time.  Whenever it is mentioned I have to struggle to remember…….oh…Saltville.  I thought Johnson would be good there but looking back…..he has a history of bouncing every 2-3 years….hard to build something if you don’t even cycle through a four year period.  There isn’t a lot to work with at Northwood…..low numbers and you have PH and Chilhowie on your borders….able to swipe away a good player or two.  

Northwood is still currently open. The reason the numbers where so low last year was a mixture of COVID and rumor has it that Johnson did not recruit the hallways at all. I honestly dont think PH and Chilhowie a swiping players Northwood just needs a coach to stick it out for more than 3 years a build. Saltville really does get behind there football team so if they can get any kind of momentum they could have an successful program. Hell even with 17 players on the roster they played Chilhowie and PH close the last 2 games of the year. Dont get me wrong I am not saying they will make a deep play off run and lose to Riverheads in the end but there is no reason with their schedule they cant go 5-5 consistently  and that would be a huge improvement on what it has been over the past 5 years 

20 minutes ago, redtiger said:

The way I hear it Ginn was Honaker's #1 choice, when he took the Marion job that left them scrambling a little. 

Hmmm… surely they had a plan B …. a runner up.  Perhaps there are some more moves and potential openings going on than we know.  I’m just surprised they let there advantage of being in the pool first slip away.  I’m betting that those seriously looking at the Honaker job weren’t expecting Lebanon to pop open.  Honaker very well may have to settle for their third or fourth option.

I would imagine their 2nd option would be interested in Lebanon and that may be slowing things down, but that's just a guess. Between the two id pick Lebanon, Red over Orange every time!  but seriously the Lebanon opening muddies things some. Seems like this is a record year for open jobs in SWVA, and more could come open