Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

1 hour ago, CPF said:

Guess we got the answer. Tiller is new coach at Honaker.

Left a stacked deck behind.  Something isn’t right up on Rose Ridge.  It will be interesting who they hire…..and if the hire changes the offense.

Ridgeview will not be open. My son said Dewayne Stanley has already been named  Meet with the team today at the end of school. He bad mouthed Coach Edwards offense every chance he could. so I can’t see him allowing Edwards to call plays. Kent Grant was the only other coach in the meeting. So Tiller is out and Stanley is in and I bet even with all that talent Tiller is happier not dealing with the mess that DCPS

4 hours ago, redtiger said:

Is Dewayne Interim HC or HC?

Red tiger if you are obviously from Haysi.Give us more. What will he do to put the pack over the top. I have heard rumors, But the only rumor that seems to be true is Tiller was never the guy and they made everything hard to get rid of him.

2 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Red tiger if you are obviously from Haysi.Give us more. What will he do to put the pack over the top. I have heard rumors, But the only rumor that seems to be true is Tiller was never the guy and they made everything hard to get rid of him.

I’m an RV fan, but I’d love to know how they’d have gotten past Graham! Now if they want to say they lost more games than they should have then maybe they’ve got an argument. But they went as far as they were going to go. The regional final was a good finish for a team with mostly underclassmen and a Freshman QB. 

4 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Red tiger if you are obviously from Haysi.Give us more. 

I'm really out of the loop, haven't spoken to Dewayne in years. Only catch a RV game every now and then. 

There's been so much go on and so many stories passed around that I'd rather not comment too much. Todd did seem to have the deck stacked against him, idk how much of that he brought on himself. Seems like a lot of dissension in the program, school, county.

I dont think Lombardi could have gotten Ridgeview past Graham last season. That being said the Wolfpack should be loaded this season, most talented team in the region imo: future high level college players in Beavers and O'Quinn, as well as a host of other high quality players any team in the region would love to have. A big part of their success will depend on Stanley's staff (if he is the HC), too many changes  could derail the season.

I do think its accurate to say that the Rv program has lost a lot more games in its history that it should have. 

4 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

My kid said he was Head Coach and that he told them they have barley scratched their potential and should have went farther than they did last year.

Boy someone's in for a rude awakening. 

Seems like we heard the same kind of noise when Mullins quit, it’s the coaches fault, ect ect ect.The Wolfpack did really well last year, nothing short of a miracle would have changed the regional, it was a  good job by the young men and the coaching staff, so kudos to them

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

Seems like we heard the same kind of noise when Mullins quit, it’s the coaches fault, ect ect ect.The Wolfpack did really well last year, nothing short of a miracle would have changed the regional, it was a  good job by the young men and the coaching staff, so kudos to them

It was shocking to hear a coach say that it could be done even better…I know the community is really bummed out that Edwards is not staying. The kids like him and he did a good job coaching the quarterback. I am not sure where he will end up

7 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

It was shocking to hear a coach say that it could be done even better…I know the community is really bummed out that Edwards is not staying. The kids like him and he did a good job coaching the quarterback. I am not sure where he will end up

I don't know I think there are several things that could be improved upon (an not I am not cutting on the job tiller did I think he did a good job taking over the program and dealing with the pandemic season then having a fine year after many thought losing Adkins would make rv an also ran )

1st I think special teams could be alot better improving that part of the game lost rv the union game and almost lost them the Richlands playoff game.

2nd it seemed that rv could not start a game off worth a crude with the union and Bluefield games being examples of games rv did not seem to get anything going until late in the game

3rd rv needs to get the ball in there play makers hands more and in different ways IMHO one weakness Wan not putting pressure on defenses with different looks or motion 

Again not cutting tiller it could be that would be things he would be working out during the season plus who knows if what I think is playing into what the new coach is thinking at all

RV better get a hold on things.  This is going to take a complete overhaul from the top down or they are going to continue to lose good coaches because of one or two people with way too much power.   

1 hour ago, spyhunter said:

Hadn't heard Edwards was leaving too. Why is he leaving? All these rumors floating around. Trying to make sense of it.

My guess is Dewayne Stanley will be putting his son at OC when he returns this year.  I sure hope I’m wrong. 

I am calling it now, I can see some of Ridgeviews key players transferring. These kids can drive somewhere lol, so if I was ridgeview coaching staff, whoever it is, don’t piss off your playmakers. Hope they are all on good terms or ridgeview may not be the team everyone expects them to be

7 minutes ago, sportsxfan said:

I am calling it now, I can see some of Ridgeviews key players transferring. These kids can drive somewhere lol, so if I was ridgeview coaching staff, whoever it is, don’t piss off your playmakers. Hope they are all on good terms or ridgeview may not be the team everyone expects them to be

Yep.  Heard Beavers and Oquinn are leaving.  

4 hours ago, Backpack said:

Yep.  Heard Beavers and Oquinn are leaving.  

Hmm…that would tell me they think the new offense won’t be pass oriented.  That would derail the pack…not to mention, if they are a package deal it would significantly shift power in the M7.  Not too many schools close to Ridgeview though.