Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

29 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Hmm…that would tell me they think the new offense won’t be pass oriented.  That would derail the pack…not to mention, if they are a package deal it would significantly shift power in the M7.  Not too many schools close to Ridgeview though.

True but one can be in Pikeville in 45 minutes.  I’m assuming if those two were to transfer that would be the choice I made. 

2 hours ago, spyhunter said:

I would have a hard time believing that. I think silence speaks volumes.

Believe it or not, I’m just telling you what I heard.   Most of the coaches hated Edwards’ offense from what I gather so I’m assuming the new offense will not be pass oriented.  My son is friends with both and they both have said they won’t stay if Edwards is out.  

1 hour ago, Wolf1207 said:

True but one can be in Pikeville in 45 minutes.  I’m assuming if those two were to transfer that would be the choice I made. 

When it comes down to it if you will go wherever it takes to make it to the next level.  

I’m sorry but I just cannot understand running off a coach who had 2 successful seasons.  Especially  getting the best outcome from last year. Yes there were some head scratching things they did and Counts’ post hit most of those correctly.  I just can’t explain how Rick Mullins retires with a team coming that had an all state 4 star running back.  Then 2 years later Tiller goes to Honaker with a team coming that most people believe could make a decent run at a state title.  
I’m  just curious where this is coming from. Is it the pant suit leader (superintendent) or some admin person in the school.  I’ve heard complaints about the girls bb coach to and he has had a ton of success up there.  
Sorry to ramble, but this is looking a lot like Lee High in the late 90’s and we know where they are now.

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Plenty of vacant lots in bsg we'll throw up a mailbox to make it legit residence 😂

If true, I’m sure mailbox offers will pop up everywhere between Pikeville, Abingdon, and Kingsport. 
it would be the SWVA Aaron Rogers sweepstakes.

29 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’m sorry but I just cannot understand running off a coach who had 2 successful seasons.  Especially  getting the best outcome from last year. Yes there were some head scratching things they did and Counts’ post hit most of those correctly.  I just can’t explain how Rick Mullins retires with a team coming that had an all state 4 star running back.  Then 2 years later Tiller goes to Honaker with a team coming that most people believe could make a decent run at a state title.  
I’m  just curious where this is coming from. Is it the pant suit leader (superintendent) or some admin person in the school.  I’ve heard complaints about the girls bb coach to and he has had a ton of success up there.  
Sorry to ramble, but this is looking a lot like Lee High in the late 90’s and we know where they are now.

Definitely things that make you scratch your head and question what’s going on?   We are attacking winning coaches. 

1 hour ago, Backpack said:

Definitely things that make you scratch your head and question what’s going on?   We are attacking winning coaches. 

Sad this how Dickenson County is. From what I understand a few people make all the decisions in the school. Board is useless 

16 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

My $$$ says those two will be @ Ridgeview next season.

IMO its not a good look to up and move just because you dont like the coaching staff. I know its been done in this area and the transfer portal at the college has absolutely ruined any loyalty that kids have to a program. I really hope this doesnt happened because I can see it becoming the norm and it is very annoying.  

6 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

IMO its not a good look to up and move just because you dont like the coaching staff. I know its been done in this area and the transfer portal at the college has absolutely ruined any loyalty that kids have to a program. I really hope this doesnt happened because I can see it becoming the norm and it is very annoying.  

In most instances I would agree with you, but in this instance Ridgeview has had two successful coaches leave the program on their own accord. At what point does the school owe some loyalty to the kids in making the correct hire and doing what they need to do in order to keep these coaches who are having success instead of what appears to be running them off. 

6 minutes ago, 276 for the win said:

In most instances I would agree with you, but in this instance Ridgeview has had two successful coaches leave the program on their own accord. At what point does the school owe some loyalty to the kids in making the correct hire and doing what they need to do in order to keep these coaches who are having success instead of what appears to be running them off. 

I agree that schools need to do a better job of keeping coaches around. it would suck to have 3 coaches in 4 years that is just not good for the kids or the program as a whole. I am also afraid that the era of coaches like Coach Hubbard staying some where for 30+ years may be over. It seems like every year there are 5 to 8 head coaching jobs come open. Who is the longest tenured coach in the area right now? I guess it would be Palmer at Graham in the southwest with 7 years. Im not sure about the mountain 7 or the 1A schools but lee, battle, GC, wise, and RV have all come open in the last 4 years.  

10 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I agree that schools need to do a better job of keeping coaches around. it would suck to have 3 coaches in 4 years that is just not good for the kids or the program as a whole. I am also afraid that the era of coaches like Coach Hubbard staying some where for 30+ years may be over. It seems like every year there are 5 to 8 head coaching jobs come open. Who is the longest tenured coach in the area right now? I guess it would be Palmer at Graham in the southwest with 7 years. Im not sure about the mountain 7 or the 1A schools but lee, battle, GC, wise, and RV have all come open in the last 4 years.  

I definitely agree with you in this regard. Turner is the only coach still at the helm from the initial Wise Co. consolidation in 2011. 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, redtiger said:

Is Dewayne Interim HC or HC?

i talked to someone today and they said he was Interim HC as of now. will remain that way they thought for the season and then would go from there.  didn't know if they would hire this year, or wait and see, but i'm thinking he will be the head coach if he wants to be, been around football at haysi and now ridgeview for a long time.  wouldn't be surprised if colley helped him in a partime role either since colley coached him and they coached together for a long time but that is speculation by a lot of people

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Beavers can come on back home to Richlands if he wants. 😎

Too bad Mance isn’t still there…..he would know exactly what to do with him.  How are they looking this year.  Do they even have someone that could get it to him?

19 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The one who put up nearly 3000 yards as a freshman and led a team to 5 wins in what was supposed to be a down, rebuilding year.

Theyre definitely the top 2 but I'd go with O'Quinn. Imo better runner, better deep arm. 2,600 passing yards, and I'm willing to bet way more rushing yds than Creasy. 

1 hour ago, sportsxfan said:

O’Quinn is much bigger, faster, and stronger. He also had much better competition. Nothing against Creasy but it’s not much of an argument for me.

I am excited to see if O’quinn can repeat his success.