Any coaching jobs coming open?

TnT+h

On 2/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Grapeape said:

Bring back Colley!

Not a bad idea to bring back some of the the older coaches.  But, most probably wouldn’t want to put up with all the Mamby Pamby Wimpy Political Correctness nonsense that goes on today.  

21 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

probably don't have to interview if an internal transfer is happening, many school systems are that way i think.  Oquinn will be fine and probably have a bigger year, coaches dont make athletes, athletes make coaches. coaches are needed but most really good coaches also have really good players

Mr. GMan and Mr. Researcher, patience please. You know Uncle Percy, there are a couple of things he can’t stand. Mamby Pamby Political Correct Millennials and Knowledge Deficient People. Uncle Percy says that this *intellectually challenged* (re-edited) must think that because he played the xylophone down near the sidelines makes him some kind of football guru expert.  Coaches mold athletes and they also mold other players with less athletic ability into better players. Question for the Halo and his “expertise”, “Explain why many teams with fewer athletes have beaten teams with more athletes down through the years of competition”. 

You head the nail on the head Mr. Researcher, tooooo many experts.  You have to excuse Uncle Percy, he suffers from IKDP. Intolerance for Knowledge Deficient People.

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Dickenson County will be taking applications for the Head Coaching position at Ridgeview High School, follow the link for information on who to contact 

https://www.dcps.k12.va.us/employment/vacancies

One of the problems in SWVA is that coaches aren’t really paid anything.  Especially compared to equivalent schools is EKY. 
I know a lot of that is booster activity, but it’s surprising that schools around here cant compete with some of the numbers over there. 
You’d think there would be some boosters around here spending money but you really don’t see a lot of it. 

11 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

One of the problems in SWVA is that coaches aren’t really paid anything.  Especially compared to equivalent schools is EKY. 
I know a lot of that is booster activity, but it’s surprising that schools around here cant compete with some of the numbers over there. 
You’d think there would be some boosters around here spending money but you really don’t see a lot of it. 

SWVA is WAY behind. Idk about EKY but NET throws around some big figures 

40 minutes ago, Backpack said:
2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Apparently that's not a thing or the interim status is still in place and they're moving forward. Idk for sure

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Apparently that's not a thing or the interim status is still in place and they're moving forward. Idk for sure

Was told he held a meeting with the team and said he was the Interim coach then now they’ve posted the job.  May be doing it for a formality or maybe he put the cart before the horse 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, CPF said:

Those 10 must've all been against Graham then. Because that's mostly what I saw.

Yeah I didn't watch any tazewell games but most on here did talk about they mostly threw screens and nothing deep because the line couldn't block

On 3/8/2022 at 12:34 PM, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell returns 9 on offense and 7 on defense.  

The 2 on offense (Mills, Mullins) were WRs, and there are a couple of sophomores (who just recently competed at the state indoor meet) who are primed to step into those positions.  The entire OL returns, and there are 2 solid 8th graders that should provide great depth.

The 4 on defense may present sone early season difficulty, but those stepping in did get reps last fall.  

Depending on how Week 1 goes, I’d say 2nd or 3rd in the SWD.

5 hours ago, redtiger said:

SWVA is WAY behind. Idk about EKY but NET throws around some big figures 

I know Pikeville and Perry Central have indoor facilities.  Which is amazing for hs football.  I read at one time Mark Dixon, (could be wrong about the first name) got $85,000 to leace Hazard a couple of years ago to go cross town to Perry Central. 

On 3/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, SwvaOG said:

Left a stacked deck behind.  Something isn’t right up on Rose Ridge.  It will be interesting who they hire…..and if the hire changes the offense.

Still don’t quite understand why he left.  Plenty of rumors flying but I just can’t see willingly leaving Ridgeview with the players they have returning. 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Backpack said:

Still don’t quite understand why he left.  Plenty of rumors flying but I just can’t see willingly leaving Ridgeview with the players they have returning. 

If the last few days with the way Admin has handled naming a head coach to retracting a head coach..Should say something 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, justwinbaby said:

I find it amusing to compare high school kids..Must be bored 

They’re “experts”...  Isn’t that what “experts” do????

10 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

If the last few days with the way Admin has handled naming a head coach to retracting a head coach..Should say something 

I guess so.  Seems like it has been a cluster……not a good look 

• 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

Has anyone figured out what's going on at Ridgeview coach wise?

Job was posted for external candidates a while back.  I don’t think anything has happened with it.  Curious as to who all applied.  It’s awfully quiet to be almost April.

Speaking of coaching jobs.  Is Tarter staying as head coach at Richlands??  Last year we were told he would be taking that position for one year and then a decision would be made by all involved as how to move forward.  Has anyone heard anyhting?  I was also told that a new coach would be coming, just waiting out last year for his son to finish his QB position at his present school.