Playoff Round One Score Updates

BandanaVTDavis4321

2 minutes ago, R0cketer said:

Listening to game, granted it was Richlands broadcast, there was controversy on most of the end of the game stuff.   Interference call, a weird 4th down play that apparently the ball was on like the half inch line, the end was a celebration penalty but end of game, no kick/flag/or extra point even.    Sounded chaotic as can be, just from the part I got to listen to, and sounds like Ridgeview definitely overlooked Richlands (stupid) and it probably should have cost them (you win a game on the last play of the game of a team you handled a few weeks ago, even when you picked it up a bit, you probably didn't deserve the win. So that should be them and Central matching back up.

Seems like Ridgeview is as bad as Union only playing hard half the game

5 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Abingdon 28

Northside 14

Final

Should this have been that close? I sure wasnt thinking so. From the brief time ive seen Abingdon, it looks like they may not have much speed. Could totally be wrong though. 

25 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Lomax with 431 yards and 6 tds not to shabby

Holy molies! Did they leave him in the entire game? That’s crazy!!! He’s a beast though! Kid keeps going. You think he’s got 5 yards & he keeps dragging defenders with him to get a few more. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Holy molies! Did they leave him in the entire game? That’s crazy!!! He’s a beast though! Kid keeps going. You think he’s got 5 yards & he keeps dragging defenders with him to get a few more. 

He left mid 4th. According to the radio broadcast, Union rushed for 597 yards.

3 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

Congratulations to Ridgeview!

Way to keep fighting Blues! Hold your heads high. Tough end to the season. 

G-Men, Bears, Wolfpack, and Warriors--whoever comes out,  I'm confident will represent the region well.

I know they didn’t win but what a turnaround for the Blues after the loss to Ridgeview earlier this season. Definitely, hold their heads high. 

9 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Should this have been that close? I sure wasnt thinking so. From the brief time ive seen Abingdon, it looks like they may not have much speed. Could totally be wrong though. 

Northside isn’t an average 4-7 team. Very young team with a brutal schedule that’s gotten better as the season progressed. Lost to Pulaski by 3, Salem, PH Roanoke, Lord Botetourt, Hidden Valley, and Franklin County. 

I couldn't figure out Richlands' defensive scheme on that last drive by Ridgeview.  They rushed 3 down linemen all inside the tackles, being blocked by 5 offensive lineman, so no rush on the QB at all. RV QB is too good to let him just sit back and throw darts at targets.

I missed the safety, what happened on that?

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Central announcers talking about possibly meeting Glenvar down the road   (Are they assuming they will win Region D?}  They are also talking as if it will be Central vs Union for the region championship.

They were talking about the Central Volleyball team traveling to Glenvar tomorrow for first round of state! 

Just now, GilesDavis4321 said:

Spotswood had close to 500 rushing on VA High

No offense to VA High but their line is weak. Yes, they’re improved and with much better coaching but they aren’t as good as many believed them to be. I think the caliber of teams they played also hurt them. A weak schedule can be detrimental come playoff time. Congratulations to VA High on turning the proverbial corner from the past few seasons & congratulations to Union on the win. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Central announcers talking about possibly meeting Glenvar down the road   (Are they assuming they will win Region D?}  They are also talking as if it will be Central vs Union for the region championship.

They were talking about the Central Volleyball team traveling to Glenvar tomorrow for the first round of state!