Playoff Round One Score Updates

BandanaVTDavis4321

19 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I couldn't figure out Richlands' defensive scheme on that last drive by Ridgeview.  They rushed 3 down linemen all inside the tackles, being blocked by 5 offensive lineman, so no rush on the QB at all. RV QB is too good to let him just sit back and throw darts at targets.

I missed the safety, what happened on that?

From the broadcast, Ridgeview went for it on 4th and goal from the 5 and it sounds like caught it on the 1/2 yard line.   Sounds like was a lot ot confusing on catch, non-catch, in end zone, not in end zone, but Richlands got the ball inside the 1, I think tried once up the gut and generally nothing and then pitched wide and didn't escape.  Take it as absolute non-gospel though lol

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Yelling non stop about a penalty not called every play. Being annoying at the top of his lungs every minute possible 

I think I remember this guy, and if it’s who I think it is we’re gonna have to deal with him the next three years, his kid is awesome though!

33 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Holy molies! Did they leave him in the entire game? That’s crazy!!! He’s a beast though! Kid keeps going. You think he’s got 5 yards & he keeps dragging defenders with him to get a few more. 

Came out with 6 minutes to go.  Probably had another 60 or 70 yards called back.  He'll sleep well tonight

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Came out with 6 minutes to go.  Probably had another 60 or 70 yards called back.  He'll sleep well tonight

I just don’t understand why this kid wasn’t recruited more heavily. In the Graham/Union earlier this season, on that particular night, he was the best athlete on the field in my opinion. 

Hats off to Lomax, for a heck of a game with over 400 yards and 6 TDs! That kid runs harder than any kid I’ve seen!!! I don’t think I have ever seen the kid fall backwards, always keeps his legs churning and hits the hole hard, and hats off to the O-line when they got settled in!!

Good Luck to the Bears next week as they head to Graham! Better come ready to play, can’t fall behind like that to a team like Graham and overcome it!! If you spot Graham points like they did VA High tonight, Graham will bury Union fast!!

16 minutes ago, Warriors! said:

They were talking about the Central Volleyball team traveling to Glenvar tomorrow for the first round of state! 

No.  That was earlier.  This was about a possible football matchup "down the road" Probably an innocent comment which sounded presumptuous

3 minutes ago, #BBN said:

Hats off to Lomax, for a heck of a game with over 400 yards and 6 TDs! That kid runs harder than any kid I’ve seen!!! I don’t think I have ever seen the kid fall backwards, always keeps his legs churning and hits the hole hard, and hats off to the O-line when they got settled in!!

Good Luck to the Bears next week as they head to Graham! Better come ready to play, can’t fall behind like that to a team like Graham and overcome it!! If you spot Graham points like they did tonight, Graham will bury Union really fast!!

Graham better figure out how to limit his yardage and tackle him or it may be a long night again. The kid is a work horse on the field. I think Graham is playing better now than the first game with Union but finishing the regular season against weak teams & lack of reps may hurt the GMen against Lomax & Union. 

18 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I just don’t understand why this kid wasn’t recruited more heavily. In the Graham/Union earlier this season, on that particular night, he was the best athlete on the field in my opinion. 

From what I've heard he had 1 offer not sure why uva-wise hasn't offered.  Seems like he's good enough.  Must be his size that's scaring some off.

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

He did but that was only team interested in him from everyone I've talked to

I have come to the conclusion my evaluation of talent isn't the best. Lomax only getting recruited by Morehead St confirms that. This kid is a beast. I will say the Harris kid from Tazewell (RB) seems to have fit in really well at Morehead St. 

8 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

He did but that was only team interested in him from everyone I've talked to

This puzzles me to no end. Maybe I don’t know squat about football but IMO, this kid could be an asset to any team that took him. I think he’ll do well at Morehead State but why UVA-Wise didn’t offer him is beyond me. That’s what kills me about Bluefield College not recruiting local players. But then again, I’m no expert nor do I claim to be but Lomax is impressive on both sides of the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

This puzzles me to no end. Maybe I don’t know squat about football but IMO, this kid could be an asset to any team that took him. I think he’ll do well at Morehead State but why UVA-Wise didn’t offer him is beyond me. That’s what kills me about Bluefield College not recruiting local players. But then again, I’m no expert nor do I claim to be but Lomax is impressive on both sides of the ball. 

I would think Bluefield State would like to have him.

9 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I wonder how many locals or area kids Bluefield State recruited this year? And for next year? I hope they do a better job of picking up area athletes than BC. 

Wouldn’t Morehead St be a better offer than UVA wise. I think they are FCS aren’t they?

Graham and Union is going to be one heck of a game. Interesting as well, Central who is on fire will play in round two against the team that beat them early on. Probably two classics about to be played in Region 4.....oops, still do that from time to time. Region D.

Nottoway 67, Randolph Henry 16

In Region A next week, Nottoway will host TJ of Richmond and Poqouson will travel to King William

In Region B, Stuart's Draft hosts Clarke County and Strasburg plays the winner of Central Woodstock/Madison County (Sat night). Woodstock the 1 seed and heavy favorite over Madison County.

In Region C, Radford at Appo, and Glenvar hosts Martinsville 

Just now, GilesDavis4321 said:

Nottoway 67, Randolph Henry 16

In Region A next week, Nottoway will host TJ of Richmond and Poqouson will travel to King William

In Region B, Stuart's Draft hosts Clarke County and Strasburg plays the winner of Central Woodstock/Madison County (Sat night). Woodstock the 1 seed and heavy favorite over Madison County.

In Region C, Radford at Appo, and Glenvar hosts Martinsville 

King William hosting Poquoson, is the consensus KW will roll or can Poquoson give them a run? 

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

King William hosting Poquoson, is the consensus KW will roll or can Poquoson give them a run? 

I don't know about Poquoson other than their schedule being difficult in that district, and that their record is always deceiving. I've seen K. William on NFHS and they look to me as good as Appo and Graham.  I would think KW by 2-3 touchdowns, but Poqouson is kind of like Union. They can be a problem if they get their run game going and don't turn over. 

7 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I don't know about Poquoson other than their schedule being difficult in that district, and that their record is always deceiving. I've seen K. William on NFHS and they look to me as good as Appo and Graham.  I would think KW by 2-3 touchdowns, but Poqouson is kind of like Union. They can be a problem if they get their run game going and don't turn over. 

Poquoson winning, like you said, wouldn't be Chaminade/UVA, but it would def be an upset from what I've saw. 

3 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

looked like there was some controversy on Ridgeview td, anyone see what happened?

No controversy at all.  Beavers got both feet down, bottom line.  I was standing right at the pylon and saw it plain as day.

3 hours ago, R0cketer said:

Listening to game, granted it was Richlands broadcast, there was controversy on most of the end of the game stuff.   Interference call, a weird 4th down play that apparently the ball was on like the half inch line, the end was a celebration penalty but end of game, no kick/flag/or extra point even.    Sounded chaotic as can be, just from the part I got to listen to, and sounds like Ridgeview definitely overlooked Richlands (stupid) and it probably should have cost them (you win a game on the last play of the game of a team you handled a few weeks ago, even when you picked it up a bit, you probably didn't deserve the win. So that should be them and Central matching back up.

Ridgeview play calling tonight was questionable at best.  Beavers is the best player on the field.  Shouldn't take till the fourth quarter to figure out how to get him the rock, but somehow it did.  I hate it for his dad, but unless he stopped somewhere over on the Richlands side before he walked out dejected at said play calling, he missed his son catching the game winning TD.

2 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Should this have been that close? I sure wasnt thinking so. From the brief time ive seen Abingdon, it looks like they may not have much speed. Could totally be wrong though. 

Falcons are playing 3A boys now, not whipping up on the 2A's.  

7 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Wouldn’t Morehead St be a better offer than UVA wise. I think they are FCS aren’t they?

Yes, he’s better off going to Morehead State. My point being why don’t our local or area colleges recruit more local talent?