Cassius Harris: VHSL Single Season Reception King

Deleted Account

By my count tonight: 11 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD.

For the season: 104 receptions, over 1400 receiving yards, 11 TDs.

Cassius Harris stands #1 atop the VHSL’s single season receptions list, joining his #1 tie for single game receptions.  He has a fighting chance to take down the career reception record of 227 should he stay healthy next season.  Congrats to a wonderful athlete and an even more special person!

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

By my count tonight: 11 catches, 107 yards, 1 TD.

For the season: 104 receptions, over 1400 receiving yards, 11 TDs.

Cassius Harris stands #1 atop the VHSL’s single season receptions list, joining his #1 tie for single game receptions.  He has a fighting chance to take down the career reception record of 227 should he stay healthy next season.  Congrats to a wonderful athlete and an even more special person!

Curious then, how many does he have in career through these three years?

2 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Will he be able to do it again next year? I think a lot of it depends on how good Tazewells OL is at run blocking. If they return a bunch on the OL, I would bet the chances of him doing it again would actually be less.

By the second half of the season they had 2 juniors, 2 sophomore and 1 freshman starting on the offensive line. 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

By the second half of the season they had 2 juniors, 2 sophomore and 1 freshman starting on the offensive line. 

Yep, the whole gang returns next year, and there will be depth.  I’ve said it before, but there were 2 8th graders that would’ve had a fighting chance to start this year.  There will be some depth behind them.  And the 2 OLs with the highest “ceilings” are the 2 sophomores, Gillespie and Rizo.  

The offense showed flashes this season. It should really hum next season.  

20 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Yep, the whole gang returns next year, and there will be depth.  I’ve said it before, but there were 2 8th graders that would’ve had a fighting chance to start this year.  There will be some depth behind them.  And the 2 OLs with the highest “ceilings” are the 2 sophomores, Gillespie and Rizo.  

The offense showed flashes this season. It should really hum next season.  

No one gets his name right Rizo is turning into a good o-lineman. Only his second year playing offensive tackle and he's turning into a damn good one.

15 minutes ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

The core of this Bulldog team will be wearing different jerseys next season. 

You’re probably right.  The Bulldog Boosters are likely to invest in new jerseys and pants in the offseason, especially with the large crop of 8th graders coming up.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

You’re probably right.  The Bulldog Boosters are likely to invest in new jerseys and pants in the offseason, especially with the large crop of 8th graders coming up.

I wish we would go back to the green, white and gold. Those gold pants were awesome! We last wore them my Jr year. Sr year we were all green and white.