Ridgeview/Central

Gridiron60

8 hours ago, redtiger said:

Ridgeview and Central both seem to start slow, this one could be 0-0 at halftime (I think that was the score in the first game) but end up 28-21 at the end.

It was in the first half because Central felt the need to go for it on 4th and goal a couple of times outside the 5. Those coaching decisions probably cost them the first game. 

44 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Calm before the storm.....looking forward to a hard fought, injury free game tonight! Good luck to both teams!

Central -- 21

Ridgeview -- 20

Can RV win?  Yes.

Will RV win?  I wouldn’t put money on it.  I think RV needs turnovers to win and I don’t think that is true of Central.  Additionally, we’ve not seen RV start a game hot yet.  Cannon Hill is the key to a RV win. Can he continue to carry the load and take some attention away from the Beavers kid.  Ethan Mullins is the key for Central.

52 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Can RV win?  Yes.

Will RV win?  I wouldn’t put money on it.  I think RV needs turnovers to win and I don’t think that is true of Central.  Additionally, we’ve not seen RV start a game hot yet.  Cannon Hill is the key to a RV win. Can he continue to carry the load and take some attention away from the Beavers kid.  Ethan Mullins is the key for Central.

I think RV has got to start fast. A slow start will probably kill than. Even though they have. Golden State quality that they can score points quickly. I’d like to see RV come out in a true hurry up not standing on the line for 30 seconds. That’s their best chance

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well, it's gameday!  Not a lot of chatter about this one.  Can the Wolfpack repeat their defensive mastery of week 2 or will the Warriors turn the tables and get revenge from the regular season?  Also, how will the cold weather come into play?

I think we know what needs to be done from both sides of the table, Central will have the regular season loss weighing in their mind coming into this one. While On the other hand Ridgeview is looking at revenge from the fog bowl in 2019.

Plus it’s Rivalry week part 2. Should be a classic. Adrenaline should keep the cold weather only a factor to those that’s in the stands (Which hopefully is not that bad)

Is the game being covered anywhere to listen to?   I'd be tempted to watch but working on a few things and too cheap to pay to watch something that I'd probably only get to watch 1/3 of.

1 minute ago, R0cketer said:

Is the game being covered anywhere to listen to?   I'd be tempted to watch but working on a few things and too cheap to pay to watch something that I'd probably only get to watch 1/3 of.

Going by early part of game, thought Central would win by 2 TDs.  Ridgeview adjusted a bit and has found enough playmakers to be pretty tough to defend as long as they don't beat themselves.  

I'm glad they managed this one because kind of felt like they didn't take Richlands as serious as they should have last week.   Guessing the talk between the two programs, mostly in youth football, there was no not being ready.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:39 PM, GilesDavis4321 said:

Going to go with Ridgeview to beat Central.  28-21.   Central is very good, but I think Ridgeview's staff has finally realized they are a passing team and they've waited a bit in the 2nd half of games to open the offense and air it out.  I think they come out guns blazing in the passing game and spread central out early.  This time, they won't wait until the second half like against Bluefield.  They'll pass early and often.  The QB is now almost like a sophomore.  He's got enough games under his belt at this point that we can toss out the freshmen jitters stuff.  Ridgeview wins and Beavers has a field day in open space.  

Close

8 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Close

RV has said “double Beavers and you’ll get a heavy dose of Hill”.  Central picked their poison last night.  RV wasted three possessions in the first half or else they might put up 40 on Central.  lol What a difference in offensive philosophy between these two and, once again, RV’s defense won the game in the 4th quarter with several stops.