Holston Vs. Grundy

IRISH-FAN18

10 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Personally, I think this is one of the most intriguing matchups in the second round!

Does anybody think Grundy's got the juice to knock off unbeaten Holston or does Holston shut 'em down like they have everybody else this season and play on to another week?🤔

I do. Played a much tougher schedule. Battle tested. I think its going to be an upset.

55 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Check your messages

Unfortunately it will not let me click on the message icon. It shows that I have messages but I’m not able to view them.. it’s been acting weird for the last week. I’m gonna try logging completely out for a little bit and see if that works.

20 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Unfortunately it will not let me click on the message icon. It shows that I have messages but I’m not able to view them.. it’s been acting weird for the last week. I’m gonna try logging completely out for a little bit and see if that works.

Sounds good...I just replied to what you said yesterday

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Somebody explain to me what happened with Grundy.  We blew by them in regular season and now they are playing unbelievable. 

2A D

1A D

there's a HUGE difference, maybe more than ever. The top 1-2 1A/Div 1 schools in Region D could always play with all but the very best 2A/Div 2 schools in Region D, but not this year. 

i think holstons defense is the real deal just like honaker coach said last week an hes seen a lot of football an can see talent an there off u cant key in on one but you have four to deal with qb can run right along with the backs they dont go backwards much when they get tackled they fall forward not backwards an narrows is probly the best team they have played they where very physical also so dont want to hear about how physical they are they will have to pass to beat hhs in witch i dont see them doing very much of that. its wresltling time in grundy holston 42 grundy 14 they will score on 2nd team

2 hours ago, Cavaholic21 said:

Holston is way quicker and has much better skill players. Their defense is tops in the Region, including the Galax defense. Holston 38, Grundy 16

That’s is saying a lot right there , even though they are not in the same region. In my opinion just like last year -Holston hasn’t seen a defense like they will until they meet Galax. 

With that being said Holston struggled with 6 seed  Narrows and against Rural retreat that was blown out by the fourth seed GW.  
 although but I am getting ahead of myself . Looking at these two ,they both played PH to about the same result so should be a good game 

10 hours ago, Cavaholic21 said:

Holston is way quicker and has much better skill players. Their defense is tops in the Region, including the Galax defense. Holston 38, Grundy 16

Pretty big statement and for all I know it's true, I have no doubt Holston is a damn good team or they wouldn't be undefeated. A lot of people will attribute their record to a weaker schedule  but they have played and beat all who were placed in front of them. Ww will see if that schedule hurts them as the playoffs wear on the teams get better. Grundy is playing there best ball at the right time and I think it will be a good game.

11 hours ago, jalo said:

i think holstons defense is the real deal just like honaker coach said last week an hes seen a lot of football an can see talent an there off u cant key in on one but you have four to deal with qb can run right along with the backs they dont go backwards much when they get tackled they fall forward not backwards an narrows is probly the best team they have played they where very physical also so dont want to hear about how physical they are they will have to pass to beat hhs in witch i dont see them doing very much of that. its wresltling time in grundy holston 42 grundy 14 they will score on 2nd team

Can someone please help me understand what witches have to do with football? Has the greater Damascus area suddenly found its way into the land of Oz? Maybe punctuation would help!?!?!

I can't believe this site is free!

11 hours ago, jalo said:

Narrows is the best team they played? No offense to Narrows but they're not real good this year and not super physical so I'm not real sure how that makes Holston look.

12 hours ago, Cavaholic21 said:

You are crazy!