Round 2 Updates

SWVAgridiron

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

It was a wild ending. Went for 2, long official conference ruled no good. Onsides kick, looong official conference ruled Cburg recovered. Long pass play got Cburg down to the LB 10 yd line, and with all the momentum.... fumbled. LB recovered, got a 1st down and ran out the clock.

Wow

No close games in the rest of Virginia in Class 1 or Class 2 tonight other than Giles-PM and Central-RV.

In Region A, Essex and King and Queen in Big Wins in Class 1 and in Region A Class 2, Nottoway and King William in big wins.  All 4 games blowouts.  

In Region B,  Class A, Buffalo Gap stomped Central-Lunenburg, Central was kind of favored, and Riverheads automatically advance.  Draft crushed Clarke County in a game some thought would be close, and Strasburg lost by 3 touchdowns to Central-Woodstock.

In Region C- Class A, Galax and George Wythe might have been the closest game by score ( I think) across the entire state other than the 2 listed above in Giles game and Central game. Appo won 55-28 and Glenvar crushed Martinsville

In Region D, Holston crushed Grundy.

12 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Riverheads beat LB 62-38 six weeks ago. But hey, LB is down and RH can’t compete in the upper classifications!!!

Appomattox also beat them by three scores and they had buncha guys out,  but that LB team and this LB team aren't the same. 

17 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Riverheads beat LB 62-38 six weeks ago. But hey, LB is down and RH can’t compete in the upper classifications!!!

I'm in the camp that thinks Riverheads can compete.  In defense of LB, they were incredibly unhealthy and hit with the Covid bug early on.  They were kind of like Appomattox.  I understand they have gotten healthy, and it's clear they are well coached.  They get better as the year goes.  Riverheads is tough.  I think they are right there in the mix in Class 2 this year.  Flip a coin with them, King William, Appo, and Graham, and maybe even favor Riverheads slightly.  But, GIGANTIC leap in the upper echelon of Class 3 with teams like LCA, Heritage, Phoebus, Brentsville District.  I think RH competes will every team in Class 3, except those 4.  Same thing for Appo, Graham, and King William.  Appo vs Heritage early in season and even in recent years, Heritage the last 3 games against Appo, Heritage has crushed em.

Just now, BigWinners said:

Appomattox also beat them by three scores and they had buncha guys out,  but that LB team and this LB team aren't the same. 

You’d make every excuse imaginable to keep from giving Riverheads any credit. We get it. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

See above on LB.  LB was kind of in the same camp as Appo early on.  Major injuries and Covid issues, at least according to their fans.   LB is kind of like Appo and Riverheads in the coaching department also.  GIFTED.  Their team gets better at pace that is usually faster than most other teams as the season goes on.  

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

You’d make every excuse imaginable to keep from giving Riverheads any credit. We get it. 

lolol, Appomattox did the same thing and Appos QB didn't even play IIRC. If you think the LB team that began the season is the same LB team playing right now, I don't know what to tell you. Go watch the games, you'll see the difference. 

if Riverheads was so confident they could dominate the higher divisions, why hide in 1A? 

5 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I'm in the camp that thinks Riverheads can compete.  In defense of LB, they were incredibly unhealthy and hit with the Covid bug early on.  They were kind of like Appomattox.  I understand they have gotten healthy, and it's clear they are well coached.  They get better as the year goes.  Riverheads is tough.  I think they are right there in the mix in Class 2 this year.  Flip a coin with them, King William, Appo, and Graham, and maybe even favor Riverheads slightly.  But, GIGANTIC leap in the upper echelon of Class 3 with teams like LCA, Heritage, Phoebus, Brentsville District.  I think RV competes will every team in Class 3, except those 4.  Same thing for Appo, Graham, and King William.  Appo vs Heritage early in season and even in recent years, Heritage the last 3 games against Appo, Heritage has crushed em.

That was my entire point to begin the season, the leap from the top of 1A to top of 3A is a considerable leap, but everyone and their grandmother decided since Riverheads beat a COVID and eligibility plagued LB team, they're as good as the top 3A teams. They just arent. 

36 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I won't be surprised if Ridgeview just goes ahead and forfeits the rest of the season. We beat Central twice, Won a dramatic playoff game over Richlands, won 9 games. We're completely happy with that. No need to keep pressing our luck by playing Graham or Union. Lol

Idk, if it's Union, I'm sure they'd like another shot at them. 

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If Graham comes out in all yellow tomorrow, might as well slap on the red wig and go full Ronald McDonald.  That is not a good look.

I’ll be shocked if GMen come out in all yellow. All yellow against Union is bad bad juju! Any other uniform combination is preferable, lol. 

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If Graham comes out in all yellow tomorrow, might as well slap on the red wig and go full Ronald McDonald.  That is not a good look.

Is there a picture of them in all yellow? Doesnt sound that bad to me. Depending on which yellow.

Meanwhile over in Tennessee, the county of Carter will be shut down next Friday night as Elizabethton, Hampton and Cloudland all won tonight and ALL will host state semifinals next week.

Hampton and Betsy will both be favored to advance to Chattanooga for the finals.  Cloudland will most certainly get massacred by South Pittsburg, but the run for the Highlanders has been incredible.

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

lolol, Appomattox did the same thing and Appos QB didn't even play IIRC. If you think the LB team that began the season is the same LB team playing right now, I don't know what to tell you. Go watch the games, you'll see the difference. 

if Riverheads was so confident they could dominate the higher divisions, why hide in 1A? 

I don’t like the crap RH pulls to remain Class 1 as much as the next guy. But to suggest they wouldn’t be competitive in Class 2 or even Class 3 is some mental gymnastics I’m not capable of understanding. And let’s not pretend LCA isn’t pulling the same garbage to be playing Class 3!!!

7 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Is there a picture of them in all yellow? Doesnt sound that bad to me. Depending on which yellow.

It’s pretty bad.  Graham has a great primary color …should never go all mustard.  

9 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

No close games in the rest of Virginia in Class 1 or Class 2 tonight other than Giles-PM and Central-RV.

In Region A, Essex and King and Queen in Big Wins in Class 1 and in Region A Class 2, Nottoway and King William in big wins.  All 4 games blowouts.  

In Region B,  Class A, Buffalo Gap stomped Central-Lunenburg, Central was kind of favored, and Riverheads automatically advance.  Draft crushed Clarke County in a game some thought would be close, and Strasburg lost by 3 touchdowns to Central-Woodstock.

In Region C- Class A, Galax and George Wythe might have been the closest game by score ( I think) across the entire state other than the 2 listed above in Giles game and Central game. Appo won 55-28 and Glenvar crushed Martinsville

In Region D, Holston crushed Grundy.

GW scored 3 points on the Galax starters, they scored 2 touchdowns against all backups.

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

Galax played their worst game in six weeks. They play another like tonight, they will be starting basketball practice. Sloppy, inconsistent and penalty ridden. 

I think GW done some things we hadn't seen on D and our offense was struggling to be as consistent as normal but the Galax defense was pretty stout other than a few plays here and there. I thought the coaching staff done a good job of making adjustments at halftime to put more points on the board. But you are right this was not Galax's best showing so hopefully they have there bad game out of the way.