Graham vs Ridgeview Region D Championship

Graham32

7 hours ago, Hokie777 said:

Never been to Mitchell Stadium. What should I expect there?

plenty of parking. Great view of the game. If you are on the visitor's side and the sun is out it will be in your face but it will help keep you warm.

Richlands gave Ridgeview all they wanted and Graham will give them even more.  Not a cake walk, but Graham wins by at leats 2-TD's.  Hats off to both teams for being in this game, and hope whoever wins, (Graham IMO), does well moving forward.  Good luck to both. 

7 hours ago, Hokie777 said:

Never been to Mitchell Stadium. What should I expect there?

Park on the visitor side near the student athletic building if you can. On the map it's called the Bluefield Auditorium..... The hill on that side is less steep, also there are 5 or more handicap parking spaces at that gate. 

Capture.JPG.74e9a89dc4d35d2ec51e6aa71a6271a4.JPG

24 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Don't plan on using your cell phone while you're there.  A complete dead zone for any carrier.

It’s seems to have improved this year. I now have 5G with sprint/T-mobile. I don’t know if they put up more towers or if it’s the 5G chip I got with my Covid Shot.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:38 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I believe this is the first time Graham & Ridgeview have ever played. I have to digest today’s game & last night’s Ridgeview win before commenting on this game. 

It's surprising these two schools have never met. Who would've thought Ridgeview would play Bluefield before ever playing Graham? This'll be an entertaining game for 2 quarters. G-Men 42-21

17 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

It's surprising these two schools have never met. Who would've thought Ridgeview would play Bluefield before ever playing Graham? This'll be an entertaining game for 2 quarters. G-Men 42-21

Ridgeview called Bluefield in the off season. They said it looks like we have matching open weeks. Do you want to play? Bluefield said sure. It was that easy.

54 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I think they have scrimmaged. Hopefully, it's a good game. I'm sure Graham.and Ridgeview will be well.prepared. Hopefully, GMen don't take Ridgeview lightly and bring their A game.

54 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think they have scrimmaged. Hopefully, it's a good game. I'm sure Graham.and Ridgeview will be well.prepared. Hopefully, GMen don't take Ridgeview lightly and bring their A game.

We were supposed to scrimmage back in August in a benefit game. Got canceled due to covid. First time meeting.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Graham comes in as prepared as they were this past Saturday ... it will be lights out! No doubt, another A game will be necessary. 

Go G-Men!

5 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

If Graham comes in as prepared as they were this past Saturday ... it will be lights out! No doubt, another A game will be necessary. 

Go G-Men!

Oh yeah. From here on out they can't afford any bad games. 

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

I want to say Graham by a lot because Ridgeview barely squeaked past Richlands. What happened in that game? Can anyone persuade me otherwise?

Richlands was a better team the second round and just committed to getting the ball to Webb 30 times.  To me a big issue was RV inside the red zone three times and came away with 0 points.  They also didn’t attempt a pass to #7 until down late in the 4th quarter. I don’t understand RV…truly don’t. The Union fans complain about Turner doing what he does well….running off tackles 30 times a game over and over.  Hell, RV insists on NOT doing what they do well until they are forced to do it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Richlands was a better team the second round and just committed to getting the ball to Webb 30 times.  To me a big issue was RV inside the red zone three times and came away with 0 points.  They also didn’t attempt a pass to #7 until down late in the 4th quarter. I don’t understand RV…truly don’t. The Union fans complain about Turner doing what he does well….running off tackles 30 times a game over and over.  Hell, RV insists on NOT doing what they do well until they are forced to do it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

I will say against Central they FINALLY did what they do well. If not for a missed Beavers on the first play of the game and a couple of drops, RV could have run Central off the hill. They can score points in bunches, but that’s what makes this week a bad matchup as Graham can do the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

If not for a missed Beavers on the first play of the game and a couple of drops, RV could have run Central off the hill.  

Lets not forget a potential Central interception later in the game (3rd Quarter I believe) that resulted in a Wolfpack TD. If that's picked off (it went through the Corners hands) the Warriors very likely win by 1. 

42 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Lets not forget a potential Central interception later in the game (3rd Quarter I believe) that resulted in a Wolfpack TD. If that's picked off (it went through the Corners hands) the Warriors very likely win by 1. 

True, but with the way that game was going, I think RV still would have pulled it out. Once they got Central’s linebackers moving their were receivers open all over the field.  Hopefully in the off-season, O’Quinn can go to a QB camp and get coaxed up there.  The next 2 years could be something at RV. With a little luck, that could start Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

True, but with the way that game was going, I think RV still would have pulled it out. Once they got Central’s linebackers moving their were receivers open all over the field.  Hopefully in the off-season, O’Quinn can go to a QB camp and get coaxed up there.  The next 2 years could be something at RV. With a little luck, that could start Saturday.

The future looks very bright for Ridgeview next season(basically everyone back) and maybe for a few more years.