Graham vs Ridgeview Region D Championship

Graham32

Just now, redtiger said:

The future looks very bright for Ridgeview next season(basically everyone back) and maybe for a few more years. 

One of the best things is you have a good make d of Clintwood and Haysi people running the program. It doesn’t seem forced like at the beginning. Coaches are doing what they should be doing. Grant on D where he should always have been and Edwards in the offense.

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Lets not forget a potential Central interception later in the game (3rd Quarter I believe) that resulted in a Wolfpack TD. If that's picked off (it went through the Corners hands) the Warriors very likely win by 1. 

I want to say that was on 4th down and 10, in the 3rd quarter, it didn't go through the defenders hands, Hill took it out of his hands mid-air.....it was awesome!

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

What has impressed me is Graham beating teams like Bluefield and Union only using a few plays in the playbook.  I think that is a testament to how well the lineplay has been lately.  

Every team that beat Union ran a limited offense. They didn't need to because the DC never adjusted nor did he anticipate what was coming.

Abingdon for example ran lead 7 on multiple drives 4 and 5 times in a row. Central ran the counter left and right all night long. All they had to do was find 1 or 2 plays that worked and run them till they won.

Like I have said before, they won't get that courtesy from RV. They are good at making adjustments.

17 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Every team that beat Union ran a limited offense. They didn't need to because the DC never adjusted nor did he anticipate what was coming.

Abingdon for example ran lead 7 on multiple drives 4 and 5 times in a row. Central ran the counter left and right all night long. All they had to do was find 1 or 2 plays that worked and run them till they won.

Like I have said before, they won't get that courtesy from RV. They are good at making adjustments.

What about bluefield?

47 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Every game I've watched Ridgeview they have played awful first half and looked like State champs second half.  I wouldn't recommend doing that this week

4 hours ago, foosballer said:

I want to say that was on 4th down and 10, in the 3rd quarter, it didn't go through the defenders hands, Hill took it out of his hands mid-air.....it was awesome!

I think it was 4th down.

Pictures I've seen look like it went through the CBs hands

8 hours ago, foosballer said:

Seeing the photos vs live it does look different. Regardless it was pretty dang amazing. It changed the game for RV.

Tremendous focus by Hill and it absolutely changed the game. Huge momentum swing 

2 hours ago, graham32 said:

I've had time to sit and think about this game. Ridgeview might give Graham some problems throwing the ball but Graham figures it out and wins this one. 35-21

Fair assessment. I’m hoping for a coherent and aggressive game plan from RV.  I’d just like to see both teams at their best…, if so it will be a good game with some fireworks. RV starts horribly and seems to “ wake up” when they go down two scores. They do that on Sat and the game will be over early.

3 hours ago, graham32 said:

I've had time to sit and think about this game. Ridgeview might give Graham some problems throwing the ball but Graham figures it out and wins this one. 35-21

Graham seems to make in game adjustments well compared to some teams they have played this year. I'm not sure what all Ridgeview will throw at them but like you , GMen will figure it out & adjust accordingly and hopefully successfully. I just hope no players from either side get injured like last week. 

I know Ridgeview has speedy and solid WRS and a solid QB. Lots of talk about whether Graham can cover them or not cover them.  I've seen zero talk about the pressure the RV QB will be under when he drops back to throw. You will see some freshmen come out in him and mistakes made in this game. He will not have seen that much pressure and as good of a front 4 all year long, and that includes Abingdon, Union, Central, and Bluefield. I guarantee you that after the game, we will be talking about the immense pressure he was under when he dropped back to throw it.  He hasn't seen anything close to what he will see.

4 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I know Ridgeview has speedy and solid WRS and a solid QB. Lots of talk about whether Graham can cover them or not cover them.  I've seen zero talk about the pressure the RV QB will be under when he drops back to throw. You will see some freshmen come out in him and mistakes made in this game. He will not have seen that much pressure and as good of a front 4 all year long, and that includes Abingdon, Union, Central, and Bluefield. I guarantee you that after the game, we will be talking about the immense pressure he was under when he dropped back to throw it.  He hasn't seen anything close to what he will see.

🤫 shhhhh don't give it away. 😊 

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Fair assessment. I’m hoping for a coherent and aggressive game plan from RV.  I’d just like to see both teams at their best…, if so it will be a good game with some fireworks. RV starts horribly and seems to “ wake up” when they go down two scores. They do that on Sat and the game will be over early.

Id like to see the difference in points for Ridgeview from first and second half it's gotta be a huge difference

Off the top of the head:

Down 14-0 at Union, lost 28-21

Down 14-0 or 17-0 to Bluefield, lost 21-19

Down 17-7 or so at Richlands, won 29-28.

Down 10-0 and 17-7 to Central, won 26-20.

They seem to not generate much on their first 2-3 drives.