Lots of newbs came to visit this weekend...

GMan

and several have been sent to the bench because they can't conduct themselves like gentlemen (or ladies).

Boys and girls, my hammer finger has been itching all season, only had to use it once or twice, but if things don't settle down around here pretty quick, my finger is going to get sore.  And I don't want that to happen.

BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER!!!  THIS IS YOUR FIRST AND ONLY WARNING!!

MassOnString-149868420.jpg

5 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Dang the hammer had to come out. I wish he would use the hammer on the grahams Pa announcer.

I have a feeling you have no idea just how dangerous your last statement was, as it relates to a hammer in your future.  The PA announcer for Graham and Bluefield is one of the better ones in the entire area. You aren't getting close, will not find anyone even close to the knowledge level of the man behind that microphone at Graham and Bluefield with any other PA announcer in the area. I can assure you of that.

2 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I have a feeling you have no idea just how dangerous your last statement was, as it relates to a hammer in your future.  The PA announcer for Graham and Bluefield is one of the better ones in the entire area. You aren't getting close, will not find anyone even close to the knowledge level of the man behind that microphone at Graham and Bluefield with any other PA announcer in the area. I can assure you of that.

How bout ours?

14 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Plus I really don't care about no dang hammer in my future. 

1 minute ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

I'm not saying he does a bad job but dang he was calling penalties for the refs yesterday and spotting the ball for them all they had to do was throw the flag on either team and he was on it. No disrespect was intended just my opinion and just like a$$ everyone has 1. That's mine.

I respect your opinion. The biggest laugh I ever had from a PA announcer was the guy at Peterstown. He would cuss and would forget to cover the microphone. On defense, this guy, literally in the middle of the visiting teams offensive cadence, he would yell "come on boys, we need a stop here." I swear he made the statement on what he thought was a bad call one time, he said, "looks like we might be playing 11 on 15 out there." Peterstown in my opinion, was hands down the worst for just insane behavior (back then). I have no idea about James Monroe today

A holding call on Peterstown? Not uncommon for him to simply come across the PA system with the statement, "you've got to be kidding me." 

32 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

I'm not saying he does a bad job but dang he was calling penalties for the refs yesterday and spotting the ball for them all they had to do was throw the flag on either team and he was on it. No disrespect was intended just my opinion and just like a$$ everyone has 1. That's mine.

I like an announcer who relays what's happening on the field especially for those less knowledgeable like myself. Maybe you're just used to a mediocre PA guy, lol. JK 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I like an announcer who relays what's happening on the field especially for those less knowledgeable like myself. Maybe you're just used to a mediocre PA guy, lol. JK 

Shew, Union's wouldn't even get a mediocrity trophy. Lol

7 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Not just saying it because of Giles but he is without a doubt the most professional and unbiased PA announcer I’ve heard. If I ever hear him get excited about something I’m going to take off running lol 

You should hear ours……wait, we can’t even hear ours, Mr Mumbles

11 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

You should hear ours……wait, we can’t even hear ours, Mr Mumbles

Now come on don't you forget about the game he won for Union this year 😂🤣🤣😂.  Sorry had to get it in 1 more time since Union season is over

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Now come on don't you forget about the game he won for Union this year 😂🤣🤣😂.  Sorry had to get it in 1 more time since Union season is over

Was it a Ridgeview fan saying that? If so, they'll love Bluefield Researcher influencing the officials. 😂😂😂 Seriously, I think he does a great job. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Was it a Ridgeview fan saying that? If so, they'll love Bluefield Researcher influencing the officials. 😂😂😂 Seriously, I think he does a great job. 

It actually was 😆.  Bring a train horn too they love it

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

It actually was 😆.  Bring a train horn too they love it

That was a ridiculous excuse from some of the Ridgeview folks. I never dropped my phone from laughing so hard until then. 

Our announcer is a nice guy but his announcing is dull. 

Now Clintwood’s announcer was definitely not dull. I liked him. Referring to us as “the Burrs!”

On 11/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Plus I really don't care about no dang hammer in my future. 

Well, since your team lost Saturday, you may as well venture on over to the basketball board.  I don’t hang out there much but if you really want to try me, I’m your huckleberry…