Patrick Henry vs Holston

SwvaOG

I watched Holston once this year on NFHS.  Credit their new Head Coach who is doing well.  I'm glad to see him doing well after the rough start at Gate City, and then having I think a couple stops at other places prior to Holston.  I'm beginning to wonder if Holston is just out-talenting the other programs in Class 1D.  I've seen Rural Retreat, Grundy, and Patrick Henry and Chilhowie.  Holston seems to me.....to have more talent and it seems like their talent over there is a bit underestimated.  Akers is now the second coach at Holston who is winning. Holston had a good coach now at Va High, he leaves, and they don't miss a beat.  Credit Akers the HC, but I think there also might be a talent gap with Holston and the rest of Class 1D.  It sounds like Akers and the guy at Va High are good coaches, and it appears that if Holston has a good coach, the talent is there for them to win the region and that's what is happening right now.  They will beat Patrick Henry.

Caues the main people on here only care about union and gmen going to get smacked by Appomattox lol.  I'm here to tell you Southwest Virginia has more than 2 teams and a lot of small schools have big time talent.  Do I think Holston will win it?!?! Probably not.  It's hard for a school with 250 kids to play a Riverheads team that picks from 460 kids.  They need to do a realignment for 1A. Just because the smaller teams are not one of the big 2 doesn't mean these kids don't play their hearts out ever Friday night and deserve some recognition.  I think we should be showing all of the southwest Virginia kids some love.  Holston, Ph, Grundy, Twin Springs and all the other schools that bust their a$$ to make the community proud. It takes more than a handful of teams to make football great in Southwest Virginia.  So this is to all the little guys out there.  Keep working hard because a lot of us see you and are proud of you!!

23 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I watched Holston once this year on NFHS.  Credit their new Head Coach who is doing well.  I'm glad to see him doing well after the rough start at Gate City, and then having I think a couple stops at other places prior to Holston.  I'm beginning to wonder if Holston is just out-talenting the other programs in Class 1D.  I've seen Rural Retreat, Grundy, and Patrick Henry and Chilhowie.  Holston seems to me.....to have more talent and it seems like their talent over there is a bit underestimated.  Akers is now the second coach at Holston who is winning. Holston had a good coach now at Va High, he leaves, and they don't miss a beat.  Credit Akers the HC, but I think there also might be a talent gap with Holston and the rest of Class 1D.  It sounds like Akers and the guy at Va High are good coaches, and it appears that if Holston has a good coach, the talent is there for them to win the region and that's what is happening right now.  They will beat Patrick Henry.

Prior to Patterson, Matlock was very successful at Holston, as well. Three consecutive quality hires has really gotten the talent onto the field.

3 hours ago, Tnvols said:

Caues the main people on here only care about union and gmen going to get smacked by Appomattox lol.  I'm here to tell you Southwest Virginia has more than 2 teams and a lot of small schools have big time talent.  Do I think Holston will win it?!?! Probably not.  It's hard for a school with 250 kids to play a Riverheads team that picks from 460 kids.  They need to do a realignment for 1A. Just because the smaller teams are not one of the big 2 doesn't mean these kids don't play their hearts out ever Friday night and deserve some recognition.  I think we should be showing all of the southwest Virginia kids some love.  Holston, Ph, Grundy, Twin Springs and all the other schools that bust their a$$ to make the community proud. It takes more than a handful of teams to make football great in Southwest Virginia.  So this is to all the little guys out there.  Keep working hard because a lot of us see you and are proud of you!!

Support your team

Damn, you spitting’ some truth here.  I enjoy the 1A and think Holston has a nice little program down there in Trail Town.

Anyone from any school is welcome to post and comment on his or her team. It's not Union or Graham's fan's fault if others don't post or participate on the board. Geez

I think after taking such ragging over his time at Gate City, Akers has had a phenomenal season as HC at Holston. I think they beat PH. I don't see them getting by Galax though. I could be wrong. 

Amazing to think the most successful football consistently over the last 10 years in Washington County is PH. Consider the last 2 years at Holston and Coach Matlocks in the beginning of 2010 Holston would be considered very successful. I know Abingdon is having a year and kuddos to them but they are the largest school in SWVA and I my opinion should have had more success. On to the game

I have been able to watch both PH and Holston this year including the 1st matchup. Holston was the better team although the game was close., Since that time Holston has improved and considering the injuries PH has suffered it is a great tribute to their team and staff. Going into matchup 2 and Region Championship What does Coach AKers do differently? Does PH have an answer for the offense and defense of Holston? The pressure is on Holston as no one believes PH has a chance. I think Coach Akers keeps the same gameplan and coach padgett will have an attack that causes problems. The question is PH and their  turnover problems if they turn it over it could be ugly. 

I have a gut feeling on this Holston 28 PH 30........with the upset. Good luck to both teams.

no upset here ph dont have the horses to stop the 4 headed monster plus the passing game i dont think we thru one time the first time plus they where healthy when they played the first time ph will be lucky to score on the first team that defense is loaded an nasty.very physical had we not fumbled on the 1 yard line they would not have scored  then

just ask grundy there line was huge but the front line just sliced right thru them like butter scammel had 43 yards on first team defense he got more yards late in the 4th q on the 2nd an 3rd team

18 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Wonder if they pick up some of the Abingdon kids that aren’t happy with playing time.

8 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

A computer out west says 27-14 Holston.  That same computer says if Holston were to play Galax, Galax would win 22-14, and that if Holston played McCluer, Holston would win 21-14.

The Holston over PM "prediction" I think is way off.  Holston is very quick; however vs PM would be way undersized; as crazy as it sounds I think Holston matches up better with Galax than PM. I do think Galax has enough to beat PM but, Galax needs to get up early and not allow PM to control the tempo or it will stay close....That being said Holston has had a great year that shouldnt be overlooked but I dont see them being able to beat the winner of C.....Just like I don't see anyone in C or D or A playing with RH.

Let’s just be real here for a minute. Everyone talked about Grundy being. A huge hurdle for Holston and I fell into that trap as well and I am not sure as to why everyone thought that. Grundy was just barely better than 500 team with their only quality win was against Chilhowie who also plays a weak schedule and Ph who had. Allot of people hurt . 

Holston wins one more easily then gets Galax. Galax is light years better than anyone Holston has played so it will be a tough out for them. Galax is the real deal and probably the best true 1A team in the state . So Holston will have to play a perfect game and Galax have a bad game .

then the winner get 50 hung on them by a team that pretend to be 1A

I hope that Coach Akers is not practicing for PM or Galax yet! It seems most have a forgone conclusion on this weeks game. I respect the school and teams Holston has produced and they have a good team but Region D is down and truth be told who have they beat? 3  out of 12 teams had a winning record. PH beat both of those team( yes PH was the 3rd team).. PH injureis may be too much to overcome and yes Holston beat them when they were healthy. Just a gut feeling but I will stand by the upset of PH over Holston. I hope it is a great crowd to support the Region D football game.

25 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

I hope that Coach Akers is not practicing for PM or Galax yet! It seems most have a forgone conclusion on this weeks game. I respect the school and teams Holston has produced and they have a good team but Region D is down and truth be told who have they beat? 3  out of 12 teams had a winning record. PH beat both of those team( yes PH was the 3rd team).. PH injureis may be too much to overcome and yes Holston beat them when they were healthy. Just a gut feeling but I will stand by the upset of PH over Holston. I hope it is a great crowd to support the Region D football game.

Thought about going to this one but will probably be at Graham/RV.  I’ve been a Holston fan all season….just felt like everyone overlooked them as if their winning is only because PH and Chilhowie are down.  Similar to RV in 2D…overlooked and under appreciated. Pulling hard for both of them this weekend.